I am taking a trip to China, in March 2014, to see Master Jiang. What questions would you ask him? What would you like to see him demonstrate on video?

Here are some of his videos:

I'd seen that last one before and was pretty impressed with it. Thanks for posting.

I'm interested in his qigong healing methods. Does he use wai qi liao fa (energy projection) or is it more like a needle-less acupuncture?

Also, it looks like he comes from a Shaolin lineage, is that right?

I'd seen that last one before and was pretty impressed with it. Thanks for posting.

I'm interested in his qigong healing methods. Does he use wai qi liao fa (energy projection) or is it more like a needle-less acupuncture?

From the book, Adventures in Qi Healing with Master Jiang it looks like he uses both Qi projection to examine his patients, and uses a needle-less acupuncture. The needle-less acupuncture is done by massaging the patients back, puncturing the skin with Qi, and using a suction cup to pull the bad blood out. One of his main healing techniques that was not shown in the videos, but was mentioned in the book, was the pills they create. The pills are a mixture of ingredients that are grown in nature, like wild ginseng, and can even include ingredients as rare as musk testicles that sell for $27,000USD.

Correct, he is from a shaolin lineage AKA shaolin Buddhism.

• Like 2

I believe his teacher learned from many sources, but one main lineage was from down from Bodhidharma (Damo).

Shaolin Yijinjing Gengmenpai

Our "qigong" (氣功) material is roughly divided into what can be called "waigong" (外功) methods and "neigong" (内功) methods.

Our neigong material is what requires Shifu's personal empowerment to practice safely and effectively, and is what is (and has been) taught at our China workshops under Shifu's supervision.

Our yijinjing (易筋經) methods are somewhat similar and yet at the same time very different from the various publicly transmitted sets commonly known as "yijinjing".

monk Xuan Kong, who was Shifu's teacher

Grandmaster Xuan Kong (玄空法師) was born as Zhao Xuewen (趙學文) to a medical family in Wuhu (蕪湖), a city on the southern bank of the Yangtze river in Anhui Province in 1920, a mere 8 years after the abdication of Emperor Puyi finally ended over two millennia of imperial rule in China. At only nine years of age he traveled to the metropolis of Shanghai to begin his studies in medicine and martial arts with some of the luminaries of the time, notably Wang Ziping (王子平) and Geng Jingfeng (耿景峰).

Details about his life at this time are scarce. We know he traveled as widely as what was then called Manchuria, engaging in exchanges with famous physicians and martial artists. And we know that at some point shortly after the Japanese invasion in 1937 young Xuewen retired to the Shaolin Temple (少林寺) on Mount Song in Henan Province, the birthplace of Chan Buddhism (禪宗佛教 – better known in the West by its Japanese name “Zen”), to take the monastic tonsure and was given the Buddhist dharma name “Xuan Kong” (玄空) which translates roughly as “profound emptiness”.

Xuan Kong’s years spent within the walls Shaolin are equally obscure. In those days the temple, while deservedly famous amongst certain circles, was nothing like the world-renowned tourist attraction that it has become in our modern age. Some ten years or so before he arrived the vast majority of the temple complex, including much of its priceless library, had been burned to the ground on the orders of the reviled warlord and traitor Shi Yousan (石友三) in the early years of the Chinese Civil War. We do know that while at the temple Xuan Kong focused his studies both on Chan Buddhist meditation (禪坐) and on the Yi Jin Jing (易筋經), an esoteric qigong method integrating both classical medicine, meditation, and martial arts.

Tallying up the rough dates it would mean that Xuan Kong spent almost 30 years as a monk in residence at the Shaolin Temple, a full third of his life.

He made a simple living wandering to and fro throughout the rural parts of south China, practicing the classical medicine and distributing alms under the guise of a common wandering physician. He practiced his esoteric qigong and martial arts intensely but in total secret, as discovery could mean death, and he did his best to calmly wait out the storm.

His entire admirable life was devoted to relieving the suffering of others, and as such he is revered as having been a “living buddha” (活佛) by devout Buddhists south of the Yangtze River.

His disciples can probably answer these for us, but:

Is YiJinJing mainly to release and purify all emotional and downstream toxins stored in the muscle tissue?

So, is XiSuiJing (洗髓经) perhaps then to clean out even deeper issues stored inside the bones (brain & marrow)? What kind of issues would be stored that deeply? And is this the neigong portion of Gengmenpai?

An absolutely crucial requirement for success in these practices is an evaluation of the prospective student’s meridian system, and based on that evaluation an individually tailored “empowerment” which is subsequently given by Shifu. This empowerment essentially consists of an “irrigation” (guanqi) of specific meridians and the opening of specific points with the master’s qi.

It has been Dr. Jiang’s experience that with proper empowerment and with correct, diligent, daily training, the basic skills can be achieved in a matter of a few years. Without empowerment the achievement of the basic skills is a matter of a few decades, if indeed it is possible at all.

And what Chinese character is "geng" in Gengmenpai in (?门派) & what does it all mean, btw?

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

I do not know what it means, but I like it. What questions do you want me ask Jiang about these quotes?

Well, I'm guessing leandro, or other disciples, can probably answer all these, so I wouldn't waste Master Jiang's time with them if they can.

I'd reserve more advanced or personal questions for Master Jiang. I do wonder with all the powerful feats and healings he does, how can he be sure he is not depleting his xiantian jing? And how long must he generally train daily to keep his houtian qi, or whatever energy he uses, replenished?

What were Xuan Kong's and Gengmenpai's primary lineages and influences? What were the most amazing stories he remembered about Xuan Kong? Why do their yijinjing sets differ somewhat from the publicized versions?

How does qigong pave the way to enlightenment? Is there a relationship between emptiness and power? Is it more important to clear internal blockages or absorb qi from outside in qigong?

What are the quantitative and qualitative differences between Yin & Yang qi? Are the fields perhaps perpendicular like electricity & magnetism or bipolarities (like +/- electrical terminals or magnetic poles) in the same field? And why is Taoist health & immortality based upon converting to 100% "True Yang?"

What exactly is the lower dantian? Perhaps where our umbilical cord started and/or the geometric center of our pelvic bone? Does more jing or qi get stored within bone marrow or dantians? Or are the dantians just the cauldrons used to phase-change energies?

Also, are there general healthy lifestyle guidelines he recommends...like maybe sexual jing conservation, early sleep, grounding, special diet or herbs, etc?

Edited by vortex
  • Like 5

I'm far more impressed with his kind demeanor than with all his energy abilities put together which are a mistake to make a public display of.

• Like 1

See if you can get him to demonstrate cracking a boulder in half with internal power. :)

EDIT: Don't forget to film it!

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 1

He already demonstrated that:

and again here:

There are more videos not on youtube here:

www.masterjiang.com

I agree. Don't waste his time & qi simply repeating what's already been documented.

What's interesting in those videos is that he can somehow modulate his projected qi to cause paper to either burn...or levitate. How does he do that?

I don't know of another form of known energy that can have multiple effects on objects like that?

So, is qi somewhere on the electromagnetic spectrum? Or perhaps in some pre-dimensional "dimension" along with emotions and thought?

And how much harder is it to project qi through various materials?

Edited by vortex
  • Like 2

What are 3 things I should do each day?

also

I'm from Florida in the United States, is there anything I can get and send you from there?

There could be a food, DVD, book, Disney poster ... he might be interested in, that you could help him with.

• Like 3

I agree. Don't waste his time & qi simply repeating what's already been documented.

What's interesting in those videos is that he can somehow modulate his projected qi to cause paper to either burn...or levitate. How does he do that?

I don't know of another form of known energy that can have multiple effects on objects like that?

So, is qi somewhere on the electromagnetic spectrum? Or perhaps in some pre-dimensional "dimension" along with emotions and thought?

And how much harder is it to project qi through various materials?

burn is yang projection

levitate is creating electric field by mixing

He already demonstrated that:

and again here:

There are more videos not on youtube here:

www.masterjiang.com

Those are just itty bitty rocks. They do not even come close to qualifying as boulders. I'm talking about something that weighs 500lbs. Something no other man could break, no matter how he hit it.

So far, most of what I've seen looks like something that could be a magic trick. I'm not saying they are magic tricks, but they could be. Film him doing something that is clearly not a trick, like more of that laser-finger stuff. That would be tough to fake.

• Like 2

His patience for people asking him to do tricks is more impressive than any tricks themselves! I am not a master, so I would shove their cel phone... oh nm :D.

I would ask him why does he find it of value to show people these "abilities"? Also what kind of response does he get from people.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

I would ask him why does he find it of value to show people these "abilities"?

That was covered in his book, Adventures in Qi Healing with Master Jiang.

"-There are many fake "gurus" out there, beware.

-Fake gurus talk a lot and demonstrate nothing because they cannot substantiate their claims.

-Fake gurus, even if they have powers and abilities, fail to transmit these abilities to their followers or if they do it, it is highly ineffective (it takes too much time, there are few attained disciples).

-Fake gurus cannot help or heal people in need, even if they claim they do not offer any money back guarantees"

page 8-9

"-We are not trying to change your belief system; you are free to be skeptical.

-We are not entertainers; this is not a circus show.

-What you have just seen and what you are going to see is real; this is not an illusion show.

-We are here to assist those in need and we are going to do everything humanly possible to fulfill our promises and claims."

page 10

Also what kind of response does he get from people.

That is a good question. He probably has seen it all, atheist skeptics, and radical religious groups.

• Like 3

Why ought the Way not be shown more clearly for the benefit of mankind at this point in time?

What I mean is;

Does jealously guarding the secrets serve the needs of humanity?

Or will spreading more information further afield of the accumulating knowledge and understanding of the varied spiritual sciences and their singular nature not prove of benefit to mankind?

Do those who know not have a responsibility to teach?

I see schools of knowledge and their disciples uniting in a potent synergy.

I acknowledge and honour and praise all the great teachers like Master Jiang.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

After my event light bulbs would flicker or die frequently as I walked past.

I would often get mild shocks too from switches, but perhaps that's because my hands were often sweaty.

I felt the sweats and heat were generated by the chi.

Largely these sort of events (and others) have very much diminished.

Sorry if I'm offtopic, I'm hoping to be of help to mr crawford.

Questions for the master;

Do you have any experience of levitation?

Do you have any experience of telepathy?

That video of the laser finger is one heck of a case of energy projection, if legit...

-What you have just seen and what you are going to see is real; this is not an illusion show.

Who could argue with that.

-We are here to assist those in need and we are going to do everything humanly possible to fulfill our promises and claims."

Ask him how much he charges for a healing session. Or is that also covered in the book?

• Like 1

There are also many demons out there who have various powers, thus powers of the mind are not the most important or sure measure of fake or true spirituality.

• Like 1