Sign in to follow this  
dorfmeister

Good Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture/Medical Qigong practioners in Arizona?

My mother is having serious problems with Sciatica pain that conventional medicine is not having much effect upon.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good practictioners of acupuncture/tcm/medical qigong in Arizona who might be able to help her?

sorry to hear this...

Is her weight higher than normal? The pressure on the body from even a small amount of extra weight varies from person to person. When a person gets older, this is not a realistic expectation to lose weight but one needs to sometimes realize this is the cause.

If you find some useful remedy, please post back again.

back surgery for what?

I'll share my opinion, which is from experience and which the medical community may not agree...

Sciatica pain seems to be very elusive as there seems to be an endless source of pain.

there is a standing position of shifting weight form leg to leg, incredible slow.

and then shifting one leg forward while the other leg shifts back.

One has to touch their back to feel the movement effect to see there is movement.

In fact, any general movement is better than no movement.

There is a Chinese cultural center in Phoenix where some decent herbalists have shops. I would ask my teacher for you but he is not currently available. Four years ago I was unable to walk due to sciatica, it was a lumbar vertebrae issue that developed post-stroke. There are a number of legitimate neijia instructors in the Valley but she has to be committed to the work if she wants the results.

I would highly recommend several massage therapists and chiropractors in the area if you are open to non-Chinese treatments.

There are specific stretches (which must be done daily) which really help sciatica. A person in my local running group won some free lessons with a personal trainer friend. She was fixed up after a few weeks :). He specializes in rehab work, and all they had to do were the daily stretches. (btw she was overweight in case that is relevant, but is only in her 40's). I don't live in AZ though... The sciatica stretches are listed onlne. Though a local physio could help, or personal trainer which specializes in rehab. Acupuncture though as well of course, as that seems to set everything right.

• Like 1

There is a Chinese cultural center in Phoenix where some decent herbalists have shops. I would ask my teacher for you but he is not currently available. Four years ago I was unable to walk due to sciatica, it was a lumbar vertebrae issue that developed post-stroke. There are a number of legitimate neijia instructors in the Valley but she has to be committed to the work if she wants the results.

I would highly recommend several massage therapists and chiropractors in the area if you are open to non-Chinese treatments.

Would be interested in recommendations of anyone you think could help with this.

Thanks.

Active Release Technique is a very thorough myofascial release therapy system. The chiropractor I linked to is Master certified in it. I've received treatment from ART trained therapists and I can say that it has been the most effective myofascial treatment I've received including Rolfing, and John Barnes' Myofascial Release.

• Like 1

Thanks. Found an ART practitioner in Flagstaff where my mom is at the moment. She has made an appt.

Ah sorry, didn't know she was up North.

Sign in to follow this