Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Nice horse

is it me, or are there less ponies running around on ttb these days?

and during year of the horse too, interesting hahaha

• Like 2

Okay. No ponies, only horses and horse stance.

Yes, there are three threads about horses right now. Soon everyone will have seen the horse and mentioned whatever they want to mention about it and that will be the end of it.

nice horse??

bad horse!!

we might have three threads about horses right now

but we aint got 14 going on about ponies these days.

plus there is unicorn/horse bagua and horse xingyi, in tai chi you can part the wild horse's mane..

so many good things about horse and ima,, ya'll can do horse stance all ya want, just saying,,

but i aint gonna,

but i did find another nice horse

http://english.cri.cn/6666/2014/01/29/1261s810686.htm

You can also add horse(馬, ma) to the end of just about any sentence to turn it into a question.

ni hao: hello

ni hao ma: how are you?

na shi hao: that is good

na shi hao ma: is that good?

Not sure what the grammatical rule is with it, but it's very common.

Of course, of course, the horse character is just borrowed to signify the sound and doesn't make any actual horse references.

You can also add horse(馬, ma) to the end of just about any sentence to turn it into a question.

ni hao: hello

ni hao ma: how are you?

na shi hao: that is good

na shi hao ma: is that good?

Not sure what the grammatical rule is with it, but it's very common.

Of course, of course, the horse character is just borrowed to signify the sound and doesn't make any actual horse references.

The "ma" that you are talking about should be this character: 嗎(ma3). It has a mouth radical at the left side.

Actually, "ni hao" is equal to "na hao ma?" for short. The "ma" can be omitted in the ordinary language.

The "ma" that you are talking about should be this character: 嗎(ma3). It has a mouth radical at the left side.

Actually, "ni hao" is equal to "na hao ma?" for short. The "ma" can be omitted in the ordinary language.

That must be a more modern way to write it? I'm sure I've seen it used in Classical texts without the mouth character.

Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this