SonOfTheGods

Techniques To Condense/Compress Your Dan Tien?

Is turtle breathing covered in any books besides JAJ?

I like to hear it form him in his own words if no one minds....???

Edited by ChiDragon

compression is multifold! its part physical and energetic. but they both affect eachother. for good compression use this method. while in meditation focus on the crown chakra connect it with the dantien, slightly pull energy from the crown to the dantien. this will start to fill it. continue this process. we will call it drawint in yang. while drawing in yang focus on the dantien, hold the lower abs in to get a little pressure and breathe down to the diaprham. *NOTE* WHILE DOING THIS PRACTICE THE KEY IS TO KEEP THE DANTIEN ABOUT 75% FULL, TO KEEP THE PUMP GOING.THE OTHER 25% YOU WILL BE PUMPING OUT INTO YOUR BODY. YOU HAVE TO KEEP FILILNG THE DANTIEN WHILE YOU COMPRESS OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE COMPRESSING AN EMPTY DANTIEN. NOW, THAT EACH PERSONS SKILL IS DIFFERENT YOU WILL HAVE TO FIND YOUR OWN RITHYM. WHEN I STARTED THIS PRACTICE YEARS AGO I USED YOGA FIRE BREATHING AS MY BREATH. USE WHAT EVER BREATHING TECHNIQUE YOUR MOST COMFORTABLE WITH JUST KEEP IN MIND THE PERCENTAGES. FOR THE MORE ADVANCED PRACTISIONERS YOU MAY DO 50/50 AS YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SUSTAIN YOUR CONCENTRATION AND BREATHING FOR LONGER.

• Like 2

Mudras.. I use a couple, somewhat depending on how I'm sitting. These days I'm mostly using Stillness Meditations, relaxed, cupped hands against dan tien and gentle rocking. I think this causes a natural build up, the hands adding to dan tien focus.

Edited by thelerner

while doing the above mentioned practice you should also hold in the side abdominal muscles as well. the following will not be needed, skin breathing, bone breathing, turtle breathig (breathing through your skin)it is said that reptiles breath through their skin.

Might be worth noting that turtles don't appear to worry much about how they breathe; they seem to just do what comes naturally. As a great master once wrote:

"And the turtles, of course… all the turtles are free

As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be."

• Like 2

Might be worth noting that turtles don't appear to worry much about how they breathe; they seem to just do what comes naturally. As a great master once wrote:

"And the turtles, of course… all the turtles are free

As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be."

its funny (the human condition) we learn from everything except ourselves;)

A turtle breathes once above the water surface and can stay under water for eight minutes, then comes up for more air. If I remember this correctly...!!! <_<

A turtle breathes once above the water surface and can stay under water for eight minutes, then comes up for more air. If I remember this correctly...!!! <_<

FYI: I have previously shared JAJ's own words and think I even uploaded his pages on it... you can search for it.

BTW: You've posted 3 times without yet contributing to the OP. Feel free to answer his questions, with experience helps.

It's possible that one cannot ignore a mod... but now your up to 4 posts and going further off topic...

back to topic.

• Like 1

Condensing from what i see is not properly understood.

When you breath in and out your body and aura naturally expands and contracts.

So if your doing moving meditation you shouldnt worry about condensing the chi will natrually sink to the ldt and the auric field will compress and expand naturally as you breath.

Doing the moves slow will build more ging by letting more yi chi breath get into the movements. Now since your moving really really slow this will cause one movement to have many exhales and many inhales during the execution of that one move.

That is what makes it internal.

All of this happens naturally if the gong fu is practiced correctly.

If it is authentic internal kung fu one may slightly glow after practicing the form.

Then there are more advance forms that pump a stringer and stronger chi flow.

Thus building more ging energizing the shen and creating a more powerful energy field around the body.

So then when you do your form you are radiating a good chi field.

So I hear things like you need to compress before you explode and so on.

Thats true but this happens naturally anyways and that doesnt go over the proper way to strike.

When you strike you are most likely doing reverse breathing. So when you inhale your energy field compresses pulling in your enemy's energy field. When you exhale and strike your energy field naturally expands an you issue your strike and ging forward.

Lots of people talk but few actually understand....

• Like 2

When this was last discussed, I think more than one method was mentioned... but you can look here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/32583-types-of-breathing/?p=496462

Bruce Frantzis has something he calls turtle breathing as well. I was confused for a bit, until I realized that there are a few different things that people call turtle breathing :).

• Like 1

Condensing from what i see is not properly understood.

So if your doing moving meditation you shouldnt worry about condensing the chi will natrually sink to the ldt and the auric field will compress and expand naturally as you breath.

Lots of people talk but few actually understand....

You've said the magic words...!!! That is what is all about in any method of breathing in the martial arts industry.

Dorian, you must have found some better videos too? :)

OK I'm curious, how do the Chia methods in the vids above direct and compress energy in the ldt?