Ryan McCoole

A Blistering topic

Long story short, walking across Chicago all day has given my left foot (why not right?) a very bad blister, so much so that for the past week it has been almost interrupting my qi-gong practice. I'm just thinking of popping it and rubbing antibiotic cream on it aterwards. Any similar experiences from you bums? Any way of dealing with this blistering problem...haaa...that was so punny. get it...? Ahem, sorry, lack of coffee...

Be well,

Edited by Ryan McCoole

Long story short, walking across Chicago all day has given my left foot (why not right?) a very bad blister, so much so that for the past week it has been almost interrupting my qi-gong practice. I'm just thinking of popping it and rubbing antibiotic cream on it aterwards. Any similar experiences from you bums? Any way of dealing with this blistering problem...haaa...that was so punny. get it...? Ahem, sorry, lack of coffee...

Be well,

Poor you! :(

There's two great methods I've tried successfully (on blisters from burns though, not from walking... I never wear uncomfortable shoes! <_< but once upon a time, I gave myself an adventurous full-contact moxa treatment with raw garlic slices for insulation over the points -- I guess an empirical taoist will do dumb first-time experiments from time to time, it's unavoidable -- so, well, qi solicited in the process was so powerful that its painkiller effect was absolutely 100%, I felt strong and exquisite pulsations all along the treated meridian and zero pain -- and the only thing that caused me to stop was the smell of roasted garlic when some smell of roasted meat started to mix in. I gave myself third degree burns which started hurting only an hour later... but how... and the blister on my wrist literally swallowed it, it was the size of an egg!) ...so, without further digressions:

1. Crush some fresh basil leaves into a poultice, apply to the blister, cover with a gauze pad, secure with some adhesive tape or a wide Band-aid. Change the dressing at least daily; twice daily is better.

2. Even simpler: buy a strong propolis extract in alcohol (the 40 or 50% one, not the 10 or 15% variety -- both are often available at HFSs). Apply to the blister liberally. It may sting for a minute but act as a painkiller (among other things) from then on. Cover with a Band-aid, and don't disturb; reapply daily, or every couple of days.

Edited by Taomeow

Hi Ryan! I have three or four blisters on my left foot at the moment, each from a different pair of sandals, and NONE on my right foot.

I have noticed that my right side leads the way and my left pads along peacefully in time. I have to keep working on balancing my left and right. But my right side doesnt want to delegate!

I'm usng protective padding on them and hypercal cream, which is made by Nelsons - "It combines natural healing properties of Calendula and pain relieving properties of Hypericum. A topical herbal remedy, traditionally used in the symptomatic treatment of cuts and grazes."

and himalayan salt in my bath!

Let us know what works for you!

Taomeow and Cat,

Thank you both for your great suggestions! I'm on a mission, and I won't stop till I'm completly de-blistrified....

Yeah Meow...I have no idea why it started to hurt ony an hour later...strange and stranger.

Thanks again!

-Ryan

Ryan,

If you can get to a Chinese Herbal Shop, buy Yunnan BaiYao Fen. Pronounced ; You Nan Buy Yeaow Fen.

Then take a pin or so, and pop several holes i nyour blister to let the water or puss out. After take a q-tip and dip in a bit of water, dip the q-tip in th epower and emmerse your blister with the powder. Allow it to be in the air for a few minutes, then cover it up with anything you can.. Clean it 3 times a day and reapply the same amount of times, the same amount of powder each application.

Give it a day or twwo, it should be much better.

Peace,

Aiwei

Ryan,

If you can get to a Chinese Herbal Shop, buy Yunnan BaiYao Fen. Pronounced ; You Nan Buy Yeaow Fen.

Then take a pin or so, and pop several holes i nyour blister to let the water or puss out. After take a q-tip and dip in a bit of water, dip the q-tip in th epower and emmerse your blister with the powder. Allow it to be in the air for a few minutes, then cover it up with anything you can.. Clean it 3 times a day and reapply the same amount of times, the same amount of powder each application.

Give it a day or twwo, it should be much better.

Peace,

Aiwei

Aiwei, thank you, I will definitely check that out (I am in chicago, there must be a shop close by methinks ;)). Are there any other herbs/ mixes you'd recommend for general cleansing use? Just something you take on a regular basis?

More musings, be well,

Aiwei, thank you, I will definitely check that out (I am in chicago, there must be a shop close by methinks ;)). Are there any other herbs/ mixes you'd recommend for general cleansing use? Just something you take on a regular basis?

More musings, be well,

Exactly the Yunnan Bai Yao.

It cleanses and heals, disinfects. Have fun.. haha

Your musings are amusing :-)

Peace,

Aiwei

Edited by 林愛偉

Exactly the Yunnan Bai Yao.

It cleanses and heals, disinfects. Have fun.. haha

Your musings are amusing :-)

Peace,

Aiwei

*laughs* I am amused as well.

I am going tomorrow to pick up the Yunnan Bai Yao. Does it also come in a pill form, or is it just the powder?

Thanks Aiwei, and be well,

in the Dao,

Ryan

*laughs* I am amused as well.

I am going tomorrow to pick up the Yunnan Bai Yao. Does it also come in a pill form, or is it just the powder?

Thanks Aiwei, and be well,

in the Dao,

Ryan

I am sure they have pills for it.. but for blisters it is best in powder form and direct application. :D

Works faster.

Peace,

Aiwei

I am sure they have pills for it.. but for blisters it is best in powder form and direct application. :D

Works faster.

Peace,

Aiwei

*nods* awesome, thanks. One more pestering Q: I hear people taking general inner-body pills, that clean out the whole system and make it better/more receptive for qi? Anything like that you'd recommend? Any other pills/herbs while I'm there? Haha, it's my first time there and I just want to be sure there isn't the "oh duh :blink: , why didn't you get this" item...although I'm sure it's all subjective/whatever the situation calls for.

Be well, B)

*nods* awesome, thanks. One more pestering Q: I hear people taking general inner-body pills, that clean out the whole system and make it better/more receptive for qi? Anything like that you'd recommend? Any other pills/herbs while I'm there? Haha, it's my first time there and I just want to be sure there isn't the "oh duh :blink: , why didn't you get this" item...although I'm sure it's all subjective/whatever the situation calls for.

Be well, B)

There are many things that can clean you out, but it is good to check with a Chinese Medicine Dr. to make sure which herbs are proper for your body for the cleansing :D

Your body can only process as much Qi as it can handle. You can only handle more QI.. haha by cultivating longer each day. :D No pill can do it for you. That is why when Daoist Masters make the Pill and pass it to a worthy person, that worthy person has the capacity to process it...or it willjust go to waste :D

I like the smiley faces.

Peace,

Aiwei

A friend told me this was a good Asian Supermarket in Chicago.

Broadway Supermarket

Phone (773) 334-3838 

4879 N. Broadway, Chicago, IL 60640

I haven't been there, but usually somewhere near Asian Supermarkets, there will be a Chinese herb shop.

But I'm not from Chicago, someone local would be a better source of information.

It can only be 2 things...wrong shoes and/or improper alignment.

Most people pronate both feet but usually the right foot more.

Stand up straight then look down at your feet.Do your middle toes line up with your knee???If not then there is your answer.Do your shoes have an elevated heel and lots of padding??if yes then not good either.

You know I'm just going to say to stand on one leg to balance left and right. Repeat daily. Tred Softly and carry a big umbrella... that kinda thing. ;o)

Spectrum

You know I'm just going to say to stand on one leg to balance left and right. Repeat daily. Tred Softly and carry a big umbrella... that kinda thing. ;o)

Spectrum

I'll give it a shot Spectrum! Concider my Umbrella officially treading... :D