Sign in to follow this  
dee

I love you ( mantra's )?

I've recently read about a viewpoint that when you say you love yourself you are separating yourself into 2. That you cannot love yourself.!

Please, can you share the source of this viewpoint?

I think this really makes sense: I think that for the practice of self-love, one firstly separates himself into two... and then, the two parts start to seek unification by means of love.

I don't like this practice very much: there's a lot of clinging to emotions and sensations... <_<

• Like 1

I tried the focusing on the heart chakra and it caused me great pain after a short period of practice.

In the solar plexus I found the love feeling we're talking about, but it lasted for a very short time... then it turned to pain.

I gave up chakra focusing techniques :-P

• Like 1

I've recently read about a viewpoint that when you say you love yourself you are separating yourself into 2. That you cannot love yourself.

I want to hear your perspectives on loving yourself. I practice a simple I love you mantra before meditation and it's definitely made a difference.

I want to know if you feel you can love yourself, and would gladly listen to any mantras you have to share.

I think the goal is to cultivate love in general, and the feeling of it rather than to love yourself. It is a bit like a zooming out so you become less important and less the focus,and you see a wider picture, then it gets wider, and wider still until it's all in view. Love is whats left when you reduce your concentration and so the zooming out becomes easier.

I see, I'm trying to think of alternatives to "raise" love for myself. Is awareness simply the solution (seems to be the solution for everything).

I would agree, i think it is :)

I tried the focusing on the heart chakra and it caused me great pain after a short period of practice.

In the solar plexus I found the love feeling we're talking about, but it lasted for a very short time... then it turned to pain.

I gave up chakra focusing techniques :-P

The only reason there could be pain is because there is a blockage, or qi stagnation. If you are concentrating on a certain place the amount of chi trying to get into that place must be too much for the capabilities of the energy pathways to that place, either that or when you stop concentrating on that place the energy goes somewhere else and it can't rush away fast enough due to energy channels being too narrow. So what can you do? 1. Stop doing it, like u said u gave up these techniques or 2. widen the channels to that area so you can do the technique without pain. But then you are developing your energy body unevenly creating imbalance. So either widen the channels around your body evenly or just remain aware in every moment and the channels will widen in balance at at the right amounts all in good time.

I've recently read about a viewpoint that when you say you love yourself you are separating yourself into 2. That you cannot love yourself.

I want to hear your perspectives on loving yourself. I practice a simple I love you mantra before meditation and it's definitely made a difference.

I want to know if you feel you can love yourself, and would gladly listen to any mantras you have to share.

Thanks!

If there is one who loves, there is already duality.

When there is no other, love is already there.

• Like 3

Maybe try, instead of loving yourself or others, just

love

Without adding or taking anything away. feel that in your heart, it can be a very powerful energy :) .

First sentence I can understand, but the second one I don't quite comprehend. Care to expand? It seems to me as you're making that quite an absolute statement of what is.

Sure - "when there is no other" implies abiding in the non-dual state. Awareness and direct experience of our original nature. In that state love naturally and spontaneously arises and is, in fact, "already there." And there is a quality to that love that is totally different from what we usually discuss as love, meaning that between two lovers, family members, friends, etc... It is the love that the Buddhists refer to as Bodhicitta.

Thanks!

Separating yourself is not so good...think in circle-isms! When Love is an act of sharing energy in a continuous orbit, such as in the microcosmic orbit, beautiful things happen. Sending the loving energy down and around avoids the painful expériences that occur if you focus on one spot for too long. If you were to focus too much energy into an area, it might overheat! Don't fry your heart wheels peoples!

Edited by Songtsan

Sign in to follow this