Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

State of the Board - Feb 5th, 2014 (mod changes)

Mal has other things in his life that've come up, so he is shifting out of mod'ing. Thank you!, Mal, for all your help.

Dawei has come on as a new moderator. Welcome!, Dawei.

We've put in place a model of a "moderation rotation pool", where (ideally) each mod serves for a period of time (say, ~ 4 months) then rotates out of active duty and back into the pool. The idea is to help prevent burnout, amongst other things (balanced life, for instance, lol). Eventually I'd like to have about a dozen moderators in the pool to draw from, only 3-4 on active duty. If you're interested, pm me.

In considering whether you'd like to moderate please review:
1. TTBs 3 Foundations - states the vision of the board. In terms of moderation, if your vision of TTBs varies, moderating at TTBs might not be for you. We'd need to at least communicate about differences first.
2. Forum Terms & Rules - basis for most common mod issues.

- Trunk

• Like 6

Thanks Truck and others...

I look forward to getting past the basement hazing and initiation from BKA :D

Already several reported posts discussed and a notice posted in one.

Now I know how BKA finds time to post as she let's other do the dirty work :)

• Like 4

Well, I hope you continue to post as a regular member as I feel much would be lost if you spend all your time here moderating.

• Like 3

Thanks Truck and others...

I look forward to getting past the basement hazing and initiation from BKA :D

Already several reported posts discussed and a notice posted in one.

So you liked the lets see who's a faster typer competition in the backroom yesterday? ;).

Yes, I only have to make some software happy, you guys have to make over 3000 members happy :D.

• Like 1

Truck? lol

My work is such that I probably type "Truck" 10-100 times a day... I guess I am pre-programmed once I see 4 of 5 characters I know...

yes... the hazing continues on the newbie :D

• Like 4

So you liked the lets see who's a faster typer competition in the backroom yesterday? ;).

Yes, I only have to make some software happy, you guys have to make over 3000 members happy :D.

Yes, I did ask for someone to turn up the A/C yesterday... and where is the damn free lunches and drinks you claimed :P

Ah... making software happy... Now that's the TLC we were talking about...

• Like 1

It's OK C T I spelled Dawei's name wrong at least 10 times in the backroom.. ;).

And I am still trying to decide if that was the 'hazing by forbearance' ; to see how many times I would see it before I had to say something :)

• Like 1

Hey Dewai, can you do me a favor and find that report about Celestial from back in September for me?

KIDDING! :D

ok... See !! I am going to report you !! :P

• Like 1

Only if you ALSO open a report discussion thread about it... ;).

With cream on top (links to the report and link to original offending post... and link to that members profile... )

• Like 1

With cream on top (links to the report and link to original offending post... and link to that members profile... )

I prefer her left profile.

Sign in to follow this