dee

Absolute(s).

If we use the word "absolute" then there are no exceptions.

We have our five senses and a brain to process their input. Our brain sometimes lies to us.

How does awareness cause things to exist? I think things exist whether we are aware of them or not.

Yes, I likely just caused more problems. Oh well.

That some thing exists is absolutely true

That there are forces is absolutely true

That there is eternity is absolutely true

That change will continually occur is absolutely true

Edit: That there is space is absolutely true

Edited by Songtsan

But you cannot prove ANY of those to me, therefore they cannot be absolutes. If I do not know, I cannot be taught. Your relative will never be relative to me.

See for your self then! ;)

We have perception, we have the perceiver and we that which is perceived.

Without that which can be percieved, there is no perception

Without an 'I' (all seeing eye!) to percieve things there is no perception

These three things intertwine to form Being, Bliss and Consciousness AKA Satchitananda

Being is matter, bliss is energy, awareness is the 'I'

With time added in we have again, the four things....

4!

...I should also add that Four is the 'Emperor' A.K.A. GOD - i.e. Universe

Within the Four is the Three, which is Satchitananda (sans space) - so the Four contains the Three

Within the Three is the Two, which is duality - 'self' and 'other' with the energy between them as glue..The awareness has forgotten that it is not matter/energy.

Within the Two is the One - this is where all things merge into a unit, a whole. Oneness is confusing to me as I am still in dualistic mode.

The "perceiver" and the perceived are the same. They are not different. But once again. If I do not know, how can you try to teach me your perception of absolutes?

The problem is you and I think that we are separate...when you get rid of this concept, there is no 'you' or 'me,' simply this.

We are inter-related: Any action coming from 'me' will affect 'you' in small ways...

Every word I type is push/pulling you to different states...

If I were to suddenly die it would affect you too...you would know it I am sure

Imagine if we had never conversated, then your life, your very existence would be different in many small, yet significant ways. Every moment has such power to change reality. Think about action/reaction chains...

Now that we have met, your entire life is now slightly different.

It is like a tapestry - if I pull out one thread, it will affect the entire tapestry to some extent

we inter-exist

do you know of interdepenent co-origination?

...I just looked at your website. Better hope Deci Belle never sees your website! I can just see her shaking her head at you ;)

ask her why I said this...she'll get a kick out of it.

Very interesting information.

I agree with what you're saying, we affect each other. But let's stay on topic. You cannot say to me what is or isn't absolute. While I find the information you provided about the 4 truths very interesting; it is your perception. You cannot make something an absolute to me, because I do not understand it.

Are you following my train of thought?

So basically you are saying that if you don't believe something is true, then it must not be true?

If there is an absolute truth, it's certainly true whether or not you believe it or not...

it's kind of funny that you posted this thread, because I just posted one like it several days ago:http://thetaobums.com/topic/33452-there-are-absolutely-no-absolutes/

I am very happy that you posted this thread though because I just proved myself wrong in at least a few ways!

I am simply saying that I do not know. Follow this line: "I do NOT know." By this statement, you CANNOT teach me something you hold true or something that you know, because I have never experienced it or known of it. It is almost liberation to me that I do not know, because I do not have to worry. I will never know enlightenment or any of that scripture stuff because I have never experienced it. It's liberation because I've lifted such a heavy weight of trying to know.

...that's a good point - anything I say to you will be adulturated in the process, it will not come out the same...yet, if we share common definitions we should be pretty close. Ever hear of 'fuzzy logic'? It's like that...it is true though that there is no absolutely direct transmission of knowledge using words from person to person...

I'll read some of her/his content. "I've just started the website. "My websites" goal is about simplicity. Simple understandings/ways we can improve our daily habits, routines and live a life that is surrounded by us. I'm leaving "spiritual" and more in depth deconstructions to a book.

---

A

I almost started a website myself about half a year ago - it was www.ideamatrix.org - it was supposed to be a forum for inventors and people with ideas to share their ideas with the world...I just didn't have the energy to put into it...I got hooked on this site at the time and decided to put my energy into this...

you might like my efficiency habits thread in my personal practice forum: http://thetaobums.com/topic/30799-efficiency-habits/

Yes, we will get close, very close but like parallel lines we will never meet. (we will never meet to an absolute point)

that's a very fuzzy logical point :D , who knows?

yeah! go see the little graphic I made in my absolutes thread near the end...