dee

Pineal Gland my experience, and yours.

as one traverses the landscape, objects close whizz by, objects further away meander on. "dont pay attention to scenery" is a way to help not lose sight of the bigger picture.

"stuff happens"...more important are the fundamentals from which those stuffz spring forth.

• Like 1

I've done a fair amount of dark box meditation.

Eyes open in a completely dark environment yields quite the light show almost immediately.

The majority of the time, it starts with flashing colored light, blues and violets, then quickly I get sacred geometric patterns that kaleidoscope inward and outward.

On occasion I'll get full images and scenes that appear as flashes. Sometimes I can see where they are relevant to my life and other times, they just appear random to my waking mind.

These days, I'll get the geometric patterns upon closing my eyes any time of day.

I find it entertaining and comforting, but other than that, I don't put much into it, other than observe and enjoy it.

Hi bums,

I'd like to share what happened last night to me.. I meditated for about 40 minutes before going to bed and started to feel a pulsating puncture right in the center of my forehead (a little bit lower). I started focusing on my pineal gland quite a lot afterwards to the point that with my eyes closed during meditation I started seeing flashing lights.

I started meditating at 3AM-3:40AM. Between this time I closed off all the lights in the house, and closed my door.

It was guaranteed darkness everywhere.I started seeing a flashing light, the moment I would move my forehead and focus on the light it was as bright as if someone was shining a flashlight into my eyes. It felt as if I was watching the sun with my eyes closed. It was absolutely beautiful and made me laugh at times.

After my meditation I went to brush my teeth, and went to bed. I then started getting two visual images of the face of a tiger flashing, going up and down, alternating between the two. I couldn't make it out what it was but I just watched and eventually it went away.

Here's the interesting bit. I woke up this morning with very vivid dreams that I can now recall 3 hours after I've been up. In my dreams last night I was in my hometown in which I lived there 12+ years ago. Someone came and released lions, tigers into the center of the town. Everyone was scared initially but for some reason I started walking past them and then they started being scared of me. Until I realized that everyone was against me and that people were turning into tigers. The dream ended with tigers and lions finding me in a corner (as I ran to hide).

Overall; It was an amazing experience that I'm happy I had.

I'd like to hear about your 2+1=eye /pineal gland experiences.

Good for you!

You must be doing breath meditation.

The sun you are seeing is a sign that you are experiencing nimittas.

You might want to learn more about nimittas and the jhanas...

http://books.google.ca/books?id=naxLruJNNIwC&pg=PA143&lpg=PA143&dq=mindfulness+bliss+and+beyond+nimittas&source=bl&ots=Hsg5_oLTj7&sig=aSKWGe8BQl95x4Xe7raU8CTwWeo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=vZ7uUr7GDsy8oQSHq4CICg&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=mindfulness%20bliss%20and%20beyond%20nimittas&f=false

:)

TI

• Like 1

The pineal gland is very interesting, I once had a lot of energy going through there and what I experienced was something like nonduality. Identification with my body specifically my face dropped away such that there is a viewing, eating and smelling apparatus on the face but there's nobody personal there. I rarely had to blink.

There was another experience where the energy was so concentrated that I could look directly at the afternoon sun.. I didn't sleep that night haha

I also recently had an experience where upon focusing on the pineal gland my vision became glazed with a white light.

Stuff like that.

• Like 2

I find that really interesting that you knew what type of meditation I do. I simply just focus on my breath and essentially my thinking subsides and I become so relaxed. It's quite amazing.

That's a really long book.. Sigh. Honestly I'd rather meditate.

Did you read the page that google books opened to?

It describes the light you are seeing towards the bottom.

post-7745-0-31577000-1391400263_thumb.jpg

:)

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Alot of people are experiencing pineal types of activity, higher energy, the last few days. I believe its some kind of information transfer, or download.

If I can make a suggestion, just a suggestion: instead of focusing on a gland, focus on the intersection point of the Baihui (true crown point) and Yintang/Tianmu (third eye/root of nose).

• Like 1

well, basically, the center of your brain. But don't look for meat, look for energy. Just relax and enter gently into the middle of your brain. Basically the same thing you're doing (focusing on the pineal gland), maybe a little lower down and without the physical aspect. Same place, but more cosmos and less body.

I didn't really want to write too much, because it's better for you to experience things your way. But getting away from the western habit of narrowing everything down to some piece of meat that happens to be in the same place as an energy center actually limits the levels you can achieve with your practice.

BUT - your experience as described sounds beautiful, and it might be better not to change anything at all. So, like I said, just a suggestion, something to consider and discard if it doesn't sound right to you.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 3

focus on the the pineal gland. I don't see it as meat; I see it as a glowing field.

but you call it a gland, which is meat.

You should have mentioned the uncomfortable sensations previously.

My next suggestion - stop focusing on the head altogether. How're your feet these days? :)

• Like 1

I've done a fair amount of dark box meditation.

Eyes open in a completely dark environment yields quite the light show almost immediately.

The majority of the time, it starts with flashing colored light, blues and violets, then quickly I get sacred geometric patterns that kaleidoscope inward and outward.

On occasion I'll get full images and scenes that appear as flashes. Sometimes I can see where they are relevant to my life and other times, they just appear random to my waking mind.

These days, I'll get the geometric patterns upon closing my eyes any time of day.

I find it entertaining and comforting, but other than that, I don't put much into it, other than observe and enjoy it.

have you spent a few days in a dark environment? Thats something i have always meant to do but never got around to.

I havent 'seen' many things like u guys speak of from meditation but i have had a blending of senses, like seeing or feeling sounds and feeling or tasting things i can see. Something a bit trippy that can happen is i dance to music with my energy body while my physical body is still. There are no restrictions with my energy body and i reckon if anyone could see me they would agree i could put michael jackson to shame haha

have you spent a few days in a dark environment? Thats something i have always meant to do but never got around to.

I havent 'seen' many things like u guys speak of from meditation but i have had a blending of senses, like seeing or feeling sounds and feeling or tasting things i can see. Something a bit trippy that can happen is i dance to music with my energy body while my physical body is still. There are no restrictions with my energy body and i reckon if anyone could see me they would agree i could put michael jackson to shame haha

I haven't done anything more than a couple of hours in the box.

Though I've done a week and more at a time alone in the wilderness, I have yet to go full deprivation in a cave.

I look forward to when the timing is right on that... that makes me wake up inside just thinking of it.

I have a very strong pulse in my crown at random times. When focusing there it becomes more intense and if I close my eyes there appears a beautiful colorful tunnel with kaleidoscopic sides and I begin traveling at very high speeds. After a few moments this usually becomes too intense and I move around the orbit a few times to come back to reality. I have woken to light beings checking me out hundreds of times. Wide awake, they slowly fade and I am left with a strange sickly feeling in my third eye area.