RongzomFan

The Superiority of Tantra to Sutra

Yet, you can't overcome your own biased double standards when encountering the teachings of buddhadharma. What's up with that?

Incorrect as usual and resorting to abuse as usual, which is why I no longer take either of you seriously.

Incorrect as usual and resorting to abuse as usual, which is why I no longer take either of you seriously.

You follow "Direct Path Advaita" invented by Greg Goode, according to asunthatneversets.

I can't take you seriously.

What does it look like then when you post stuff like this?

Yes.

He absolutely does nail it and his demolition of the false counter arguments is a masterpiece.

Nice to see the false premises in todays institutionalised, pseudoacademic "Buddhism" being demolished.

Perhaps it will lead to a renaissance of the actual teachings.

• Like 1

Atleast read Eckhart Tolle's Power of Now for god's sake.

That's a decent read for a NeoAdvaita book.

Jim Carrey endorses Eckhart Tolle.

• Like 1

You think this is due to the influence of his "emptiness teachings"?

It could be partly due to that influence, but I know he mentioned that he came across a manuscript of Śri Atmananda's which stated something to the effect of 'In the end not even awareness remains'. So in the end there is a collapse of the awareness that the entire path is predicated upon, and Greg has stated that this matched his own experience.

The depth of his knowledge regarding that system is impressive, even the absolute natures that other teachers of Vedanta posit, he is able to put those in context. It seems the majority of Vedanta teachings are instances where the instructions really don't go as far as they could, but instead get stuck in certain subtle areas which are mistaken as the end of the path. Greg does a great job with that teaching.

It could be partly due to that influence, but I know he mentioned that he came across a manuscript of Śri Atmananda's which stated something to the effect of 'In the end not even awareness remains'. So in the end there is a collapse of the awareness that the entire path is predicated upon, and Greg has stated that this matched his own experience.

The depth of his knowledge regarding that system is impressive, even the absolute natures that other teachers of Vedanta posit, he is able to put those in context. It seems the majority of Vedanta teachings are instances where the instructions really don't go as far as they could, but instead get stuck in certain subtle areas which are mistaken as the end of the path. Greg does a great job with that teaching.

You are just talking typical NeoAdvaita shit.

One either recognizes unfabricated presence versus the conceptualizing mind.

Or one doesn't.

There is no middle ground.

It could be partly due to that influence, but I know he mentioned that he came across a manuscript of Śri Atmananda's which stated something to the effect of 'In the end not even awareness remains'.

You don't think this is similar to Sri Nisargadatta's "nothingess" experience do you?

Edited by Simple_Jack

You don't think this is similar to Sri Nisargadatta's "nothingess" experience do you?

Or one doesn't.

Or one doesn't.

Yes it's Advaita, I never attempted to say otherwise.

I don't practice it. I'm only involved with groups that Greg either runs himself or regularly frequents, so I read a lot of what Greg has to say, and deeply respect the man, he is an extremely kind and lovely guy.

• Like 1

I don't practice it. I'm only involved with groups that Greg either runs himself or regularly frequents, so I read a lot of what Greg has to say, and deeply respect the man, he is an extremely kind and lovely guy.

Spot on!!

Say "Hi" from me and "thanks" when you see him next time please

I can't respect a guy who comes to ME to learn about Madhyamaka.

I wouldn't be able to say, I'm not familiar with the teachings personally.

You know quite a lot in knowing that the Path does swallow itself up and disappears like the smile on the face of the Cheshire cat kitten :)

Edited by gatito

You know quite a lot in knowing that the Path does swallow itself up and disappears like the smile on the face of the Cheshire cat kitten :)

sophistry

What about his "emptiness teachings"? You seem to be more familiar with his work than me, so I'm wondering how his knowledge of Buddhist praxis stacks up in comparison to his knowledge on Advaita.

Sri Nisargadatta says similar things to what you quoted above. Personally it sounds like the jhana of nothingness to me.

His knowledge of Madhyamaka and so on is excellent. He's a fan on Tsongkhapa's Prasangika, which doesn't resonate with me as much but it is very interesting to learn about it. He has been able to give great teachings on Nāgārjuna and others as well.

• Like 1

Yes.

He absolutely does nail it and his demolition of the false counter arguments is a masterpiece.

Nice to see the false premises in todays institutionalised, pseudoacademic "Buddhism" being demolished.

>Yes.

Attention seeker :)

Ignored :)