dorfmeister

Yadi Alamin - The Qigong Therapist

Anyone have any knowledge as to skills or integrity of this particular teacher?

He advertises some intriguing looking courses on ebay.

Curious if anyond has had any experience eith him.

• Like 1

I don't have direct experience with him.

If you have seen a couple of classic qigong systems, you will not be overly surprised.

For those looking for some new miracle system, not good (we are on TTB so extra disclaimer: not for mopai fans either LOL). If you look for something with solid working promise, routine to follow with a purpose (healing or strength) this might be it. Mostly hard qigong, no slow graceful movements.

Worth checking couple of his Youtube videos to see where he is coming from. Here's a sampler:

His course routines are collected from numerous systems.

Edited by Leif
  • Like 1

Yes, I've watched his youtube videos and read his pages. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm no longer interested in what he has to offer. Better to go to the more experienced sources from which he studied like Gary Clyman and Richard Clear.

He studied with these two teachers as well, but they didn't seem to influence his courses by my estimate (though I didn't see thus can't comment about two of them - Neikung nor Three treasures) and by his words (about his short training with Clyman), currently he lists other teachers as his major influence.

Also I see you opened another thread about medical qigong. Yadi Alamin's health course doesn't have any seated meditations, and is fast moving. Which is in sharp contrast eg. with Flying Phoenix system approach (very slow movements).

Edited by Leif

I met Yadi several times when he was doing an internship here with one of my teachers, Dr. George Love. My impression was that he is very sincere and has wide knowledge of qigong and other aspects of TCM. Very interested in Bagua as well. He gave up his career in music to pursue this path and has studied with many interesting teachers in many places. The only form that I saw him teach was a six movement Yellow Dragon set, which as Leif mentions above, was more of a harder, martial type form. I enjoyed speaking with him while he was here, and was sorry to see him move out of state. I haven't purchased any of his DVD courses (I have enough to work on already), so can't comment on those from experience, but I suspect that they would be very good.

• Like 2

Just re-read my posts above, hope it didn't sound negatively...

The health qigong covers self-massage, Hashimoto breathing, some Sotai exercises, three orbits, golden elixir, standing Six Character Shen, six healing sounds, pulses qigong.
It's likely an older version, latest complete version has likely more material.

I'd say it's quite good, but then who am I to judge.

I have the Qigong for Serious Health Concerns. First of all, this $200 DVD is the worse visual quality of any qigong dvd I have viewed. It is stricly homemade, nothing about it looks professional. Even $14.95 qigong dvds look better than this one.

As far as the qigong methods presented, they are not the style I would want to do. They are more physical than the slow moving postures I enjoy doing. Therefore, I viewed the 4 hour dvd and did not resonate with the exericses at all so I did not even try to do any of them. This does not mean that they are not effective, it just means that there are many powerful and beneficial qigong dvds to choose from that are more enjoyable to perform and more enjoyable to watch. I was not surprised by unprofessional quality of the dvd since all the video ads for this dvd looked homemade, so I expected this dvd to be homemade, and it is! At the cost of $195 he sitll charges shipping at $15!

• Like 2

I met Yadi several times when he was doing an internship here with one of my teachers, Dr. George Love. My impression was that he is very sincere and has wide knowledge of qigong and other aspects of TCM.

Wait a second.  You had a teacher named Doctor Love?  Whoa, that takes balls to go into the teaching profession with a name like that.  Everyone must ask- 'What do they call you?' and wait hoping he'll say it.. so they can repeat it. 

• Like 2

Wait a second.  You had a teacher named Doctor Love?  Whoa, that takes balls to go into the teaching profession with a name like that.  Everyone must ask- 'What do they call you?' and wait hoping he'll say it.. so they can repeat it.

Apologies in advance:

This guy sells dvds like 'bagua fitness', or 'male enhancement' qigong dvds. There's even one called 'vagina mastery'.

I just feel sad when I see stuff like this.

• Like 2

It's nothing sad with it, it's just western consumptionism meets eastern practices. You have it everywhere like "aqua yoga" and stuff like this. Most of them is BS.

I have all Yadi programs (pricey), I speak with him couple times about things, life to see the view. If you want results of those programs you should study with him directly.

DVD are decent, I have better effects with cheap qigongs and neigongs then his programs.