Sign in to follow this  
Seph

Tide Pool

Our dreaming mind has access to certain imaginative abilities not fully realized by our waking minds.

It can 'take' us places as seemingly real and memorable as our actual experiences.

Recently, while in a deep state of meditation, I had tapped into this ability.

sandstone+tidepool2.jpg

To my back was a smooth sandstone cliff. It passed onto my left and angled away around a point. There was no rubble or scree, and at the base of the cliff the red stone turned into a shallowly submerged floor of wave-rippled sandstone. It was ocean water and salty. When I slipped into the shallow water it was as deep as my chest and warmed by the noon hour sun.

The only waves on the surface was caused by myself. The water was otherwise smooth and still. I could see, further out (200-300 feet?) some sort of nature stone breaker and could faintly hear the ocean lapping against it. I suppose it was where the sandstone floor abruptly rose and dropped off into the ocean. I'm not sure. I didn't give it much thought. I was more focused on the feel of the rippled sandstone floor on my bare feet and the colour of the clear water over the red stone. Slightly greenish it was - or maybe it wan an optical illusion.

stock-footage-close-up-of-movement-of-sh

It was comfortable and unbelievably refreshing. I was calm and at peace. I also know that, not only did I create this location, but that I was in complete control of it. I didn't 'happen upon it' and gain control - I chose it.

But real?! When I looked at the sun I would squint. I could feel the water, its temperature; I could smell its freshness and warmth; I could feel the air and breeze; the goosebumps across my bare shoulders and upper back when I came too far out of the water.

It was all real yet totally within my imagination.

I was not asleep. It was early morning, about 6:30 am, and still dark out. It was cold that morning. Somewhere around -30 degrees © with the windchill... and I was on the bus, going to work, meditating.

I chose when I left the large sandstone tide-pool. I was awake on the bus, deep in mediation, and acutely aware.

~

We are not our memories.

We can't be our experiences.

Because we remember and experience our dreams.

I was never at that tranquil tide-pool; but I have the experience and memory of it.

• Like 2

Very nice post.

I've begun working with the inner journey a bit.

The inner world is as real as the outer.

Both are manifestations of the same substrate.

Hello and welcome to TTB !

Some stuff that came after reading your post ..

In dreams like this it is usually how our subconciouesness " sees " calmness and peacefulness . This is individual perception of how this type of peace is felt .

Different type of language . Language of a soul .

Infact your dream gives you a very clear instruction for which I am not sure if you are listening attentivley enough . You have heard it faintly in the dream but decided to concentrate on details . This is the guide , we know so much , only if we listen (not that I do it always :) ), it uncovers .

Reality of dreams like this are not in any bodily sensations that seem real in the dream , but just in a dream as it is .

Dreamwork is my thing , and I am not claiming some superior/undisputable understunding , just disscusing what I see and comments are welcome .

Hello and welcome to TTB !

Some stuff that came after reading your post ..

In dreams like this it is usually how our subconciouesness " sees " calmness and peacefulness . This is individual perception of how this type of peace is felt .

Different type of language . Language of a soul .

Infact your dream gives you a very clear instruction for which I am not sure if you are listening attentivley enough . You have heard it faintly in the dream but decided to concentrate on details . This is the guide , we know so much , only if we listen (not that I do it always :) ), it uncovers .

Reality of dreams like this are not in any bodily sensations that seem real in the dream , but just in a dream as it is .

Dreamwork is my thing , and I am not claiming some superior/undisputable understunding , just disscusing what I see and comments are welcome .

Absolutely! This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for!

• Like 1

Absolutely! This is the kind of feedback I'm looking for!

Patrick Harpur ; 'The Philosopher's Secret Fire' - A History of the Imagination' might interest you.

'Imagination' might be the most valuable asset we have ? Tesla 'imagined' the AC electrical generator before he built it (as a complete working unit - not in stages. People imagine themselves sick and then die or cured and then recover.

I have 'Imagining the World into Existence' by Normandi Ellis on the bookshelf, its my next one after I finish the present one (What is Soul? by Jungian psychologist Giergerich)

I liked your post :) - I have a Neptunian astrological chart theme and when I was a little kid my father was a surf-life saver, every weekend would be spent at the beach, I would be given a snorkel and goggles and let loose in the tidal rock pools ... worlds of wonder, discovery and fascination I actually wanted to live in an octopus's garden ..." What do you want to be when you grow up? " - An octopus :D ...

Also I am Cancerian ... crab likes those places too .

tide-pools.jpg

Sign in to follow this