Sign in to follow this  
Yascra

"Real" Transmission

Hi there,

would like to open a new topic, so Jax' thread doesn't get messed up by a possible debate about this.

my experience is there is a BIG difference in direct introduction from getting real transmission and what some call transmission through words.

Words get you into reflecting and then seeking out the experience which is likely not to work or get you confused.

Real transmission takes you into the higher mind so to speak and you KNOW this is it.

This is why it matters.

Ok, so real transmission takes you higher than own experience?

Might I add the question then: For how long?

I mean, even Shakyamuni Buddha did meditate more than once a day, didn't he?

Open for discussion ...

Edited by Yascra

There is a sort of transmission which goes on in many situations, for example if you go in a room where someone is really depressed and you are a little bit sensitive you will feel the energy and mind state of the person and it can bring you to a similar place within yourself, which is a transmission of the depressed state.

So there is a sort of mixing and meeting of consciousness whenever you meet anyone else which is why there can be a sort of transmission just being in the presence of a master without them doing anything formally, just being in the presence of their being can transmit that state to you, which is why there are records of strange things and people waking up and having spiritual experiences around masters without them even doing anything. For example people said the transmission of Ramana Maharshi was just sitting in his silence, people still got it even though he didn't do any formal rituals like the Tibetans do.

But that sort of transmission is difficult by video or YouTube because there isn't the person there to align your consciousness with as easily, if you have already had any sort of pointing out instructions then videos can be a good reminder of where to put your attention. Theoretically it is possible to get transmission of the nature of your being through a video because it is something which is already present within you right now so it is just a matter of becoming aware of what already is, but I don't actually know of anyone who has got it through a video, there is a likely to be a lack of confidence in what is going on without alignment with the master in person.

• Like 1

Jetsun, you mention being receptive to energetics when people have left the room. Yet you don't think one can be as receptive while watching a video of a spiritual adept/master? What about transmission via a painting? Or reading text? Or the natural landscape of a mountainside? :)

Certainly there are all sorts of things you can receive through videos and pictures and even picking up objects, but when it comes to the transmission of what people call the natural state it is hard to be confident that you have actually got it without personal interaction (basically because it is too simple and too obvious that you think it must be more than that), many masters are transmitting that state constantly in their videos because they have embodied it within their being, usually in the silence in between their words, but without personal instruction it is hard to recognise that they are actually doing so. Once you have had such instruction you see it all the time.

Isn't transmission a teacher transferring a bit of power and of the particular path/method, from generations back, to the student?

Via video, I guess you could transfer some energy over to make the things being discussed easier on the student, and if the path ancestors had nothing better to do than help every single video watcher....

I have had talks with teachers via skype and also in person, and I find more is passed along in person. On more levels or something.

I have also noticed (from my own experience and watching that of others) that it does fade after a few days, weeks or months if the student doesn't go practice lots and make it their own. Though I think some things are for life (and hence why I'm really cautious about who I receive teachings from).

A master can share presence in "oneness" and transfer all that they are (really more all that they are not). If the receiver truly surrenders and accept it, they can go all the way to the level of the master. But, that ability of surrender is infinitely rare. More often, the receiver returns to the their normal patterns and the mental energy structure re-establishs in a couple days.

This is why many want to stay in the presence of a true master, as the ongoing "barrage" helps to continually break down the energy structures over time. Working issue by issue.

• Like 2

Transmission is the process by which the master helps the student to have direct, personal realization - direct knowing.

The exact method by which that occurs can take on a wide variety of shapes and forms and I don't know that it's terribly beneficial to try and limit the beauty of that process with words, concepts, and restrictions.

The master can be flesh and bones but not necessarily so…

It is a direct continuation of the wisdom of the master's lineage and can only be maintained by and built on devotion, trust, and gratitude. One of the most challenging aspects of the process for me is the trust. That can really take me out of my comfort zone but that is the foundation upon which transmission is built and that is one of the reasons why lineage is so important. Without the credibility of the master imparted in part by lineage, trust and devotion are more difficult to manifest and if the authenticity of the lineage or master is lacking, the trust will have negative rather than positive consequences on the student's growth.

• Like 2

Isn't transmission a teacher transferring a bit of power and of the particular path/method, from generations back, to the student?

Via video, I guess you could transfer some energy over to make the things being discussed easier on the student, and if the path ancestors had nothing better to do than help every single video watcher....

For me, the easiest way to think about it is that each true "lineage" is a particular light/energy stream. When you join or attach to that particular stream (or club), the light/energy flows through. That light carries with it the power (or abilities) relative to the realization level of the lineage. As one clears away the obstructions, they have increasing access to that light stream.

A high level master can transmit through any medium (including none). The issue is really more in the perception of the receiver. The receiver subconsciously believes that energy or transmission is more powerful in person and that mental "belief" makes it true form them.

Ultimately, things like distance are just a perception of mind. :)

• Like 1

Sorry, original post possibly irrelevant - will repost depending on the twists and turns of the thread.

Edited by rex

OOps, I didn't realize this was posted in the Buddhist section! Uhm, just ignore all my posts ;).

Hm, maybe moderation might move it to general discussions if it's of general relevance?

I just left it here as the original thread was in the Buddhist section as well, but maybe there might be other perspectives to transmission?

Actually I've experienced that even empowerments might work via video, and independent of the time. Why not, time is an illusion to some degree anyway, so if you're meant to receive that empowerment or transmission, why not?

:)

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 1

Just thought of this: what about transmission from your younger self to your present self?

Or... A Master sending transmission to all past and future incarnations of themself...

Sign in to follow this