pickup

taoism enlightenment?

I would kindly appreciate your participance in this topic. It is important to know how people where brought to taoism. So how was it brought in to your being?

• Like 1

Long story short: I had the experience, I heard the word, I read the books, applied my logic to what I read, accepted what was logical and true.

• Like 3

I would change the title to: Taoism/Daoism awakening. The adjective you are using is a major word few will ever understand. Leave that to hermits and wandering ones, please. :)

I came to it for healing purposes, badly damaged earthly soul, like most I suppose.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

I was just blown away by Lao Tzu's (or whoever's...) down to earth writing. For example, chapter eleven. Everyone I read that to goes, "Wow..." It's just so obvious but who ever gives it a thought? And the simple truth of if you treat every task as potentially difficult, then you can prevent a seemingly simple task becoming difficult in the future. You just have to be aware that every difficult task was once simple in its beginning.

There is just so much in so little.

• Like 1

I would kindly appreciate your participance in this topic. It is important to know how people where brought to taoism. So how was it brought in to your being?
I was under the impression that it was the original essence of our being..noticed. So one could also ask what were you doing when you werent paying attention.

'How is it Master , that you can hear the grasshopper at our feet? ....response ..How is it that you do not?'

• Like 1

i don't see what this subject has to do with the enlightenment you have in the title, but I became embroiled in the internal arts due to becoming curious about chi =) ... aaannd lets see if he can swallow this: Later I discovered I was a Taoist Wizard in a past life, and a dragon.

• Like 2

I kept hearing the word "Tao" and it just resonated with me. Then I read TTC and realised it was me and that I had been lost for so long!

• Like 1

If in a previous life I was a wizard or a dragon Id consider my progress retrograde.

Waow, aren't you an astute observer?

Can't imagine I'm one now, why is that? Is it because I'm here on this forum talking to you?

Edited by Starjumper

Waow, aren't you an astute observer? Can't imagine I'm one now, why is that? Is it because I'm here on this forum talking to you?
Yep

I was a warrior monk at a temple in China in the 1500's and when in the 1970's I saw my first episode of Kung Fu tv series I had dejavu experience. I sought enlightenment via Transcendental Meditation daily for 40 yrs and realized that was not going to get me to the goal of enlilghtenment. I started a new job 7 yrs ago where the mental health facility taught a chi kung group. I did it once and it grabbed me. Because of my love at first sight with chi kung I eventually began reading books about Taoism while dropping at least 12 different styles of chi kung until I stumbled upon the higher level forms of chi kung.

• Like 1

i don't see what this subject has to do with the enlightenment you have in the title, but I became embroiled in the internal arts due to becoming curious about chi =) ... aaannd lets see if he can swallow this: Later I discovered I was a Taoist Wizard in a past life, and a dragon.

Hehehe. Thanks for the chuckle.

It had taught me about the concept of Wu Wei for being letting Nature take its course without interruption or interference.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

It had taught me about the concept of Wu Wei for being letting Nature take its course without interruption or interference.

So Cd what do you think of enlightenment.? Is it a real thing ..a real situation ..described by ancient scholars..outside the realm of everyday experience?

yes I want to put you on the spot here a little, because I respect your opinion and Im a bit curious .

Edited by Stosh

I was under the impression that it was the original essence of our being..noticed. So one could also ask what were you doing when you werent paying attention.

Nicely put and how I view it.

• Like 1

If in a previous life I was a wizard or a dragon Id consider my progress retrograde.

Are dragons more enlightened than humans?

PS, perhaps he was a nasty dragon who reaped much bad karma...

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1

Stosh....
Thank you very much for your kind words.....!!!

Enlightenment is not a real thing, a real situation nor anything described by ancient scholars but outside the realm of everyday experience. It is an experience which not an ordinary person can be experienced or comprehended.

Enlightenment is to comprehend something that is one of a kind which others are difficult to grasp. It is not something that can be described with words. However, if it was described by words, then it requires a certain mentality by grokking its quale to extract the philosophical concepts not by guessing nor assumption. It must be followed certain guide lines, collectively, from the knowledgeable scholars of the past and present to reach an intuitive conclusion with logical reasoning. The enlightened conclusion has to be stand alone which cannot be superseded by other philosophical thoughts.

• Like 1

Seems to me very soft, flowing, not craving that much, thereby leaves a smooth impression at the moment, which is a great help for someone like me :) Offers possibilities to really find a balance between development of mind and body, but staying in touch with the rest of the world.

Might be because I'm not deep into the religious side of it, but as a first impression that's really fine.

And got there as I get to most things, by searching for truth and ways to realize truth :)

• Like 1

Stosh....Thank you very much for your kind words.....!!!Enlightenment is not a real thing, a real situation nor anything described by ancient scholars but outside the realm of everyday experience. It is an experience which not an ordinary person can be experienced or comprehended.Enlightenment is to comprehend something that is one of a kind which others are difficult to grasp. It is not something that can be described with words. However, if it was described by words, then it requires a certain mentality by grokking its quale to extract the philosophical concepts not by guessing nor assumption. It must be followed certain guide lines, collectively, from the knowledgeable scholars of the past and present to reach an intuitive conclusion with logical reasoning. The enlightened conclusion has to be stand alone which cannot be superseded by other philosophical thoughts.
So its a billshot imaginary situation of enigma ? Got it .
  • Like 1

I would love to be a true daoist, but it's hard to find a legitimate lineage here in the west.

A true Taoist is to find the true self by oneself rather than by others. The principles are written everywhere but you just need to find and sort them out and follow them. ;)

• Like 5

Are dragons more enlightened than humans?

Well some humans are more enlightened than other humans aren't they, and as far as I know, which isn't far, the dragons I've been exposed to are ascended masters, or as we say in Taoism, Immortals. So yes, I think the answer to your question is a resounding yes.

PS, perhaps he was a nasty dragon who reaped much bad karma...

There is much to learn about karma, isn't there? Are some immortals nasty? another yes resounds through the auditorium.

... or ... is it possible for a person to become immortal if they are nasty? maybe not.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1