RongzomFan

How to find a Vajrayana teacher

'Crazy' yogis with no specific lineages get acknowledged by high lamas as 'secret' adepts. Haven't you heard of this before? They often go to these individuals for teachings, blessings and empowerments.

What you said is right, but there are exceptions.

• Like 3

To truly teach one has to have genuinely achieved the practice.

A true master knows if the student is ready to teach. If not permitted, then it is a disservice to the lineage and all involved.

If you think your teacher is is wrong about your achievement, or is holding you back, then why are they your teacher in the first place? You must not trust them.

BTW im not speaking of Jax etc here, just what i think generally, i know nothing about him.

Edited by Ish
  • Like 2

To truly teach one has to have genuinely achieved the practice.

A true master knows if the student is ready to teach. If not permitted, then it is a disservice to the lineage and all involved.

If you think your teacher is is wrong about your achievement, or is holding you back, then why are they your teacher in the first place? You must not trust them.

BTW im not speaking of Jax etc here, just what i think generally, i know nothing about him.

This is a good answer to my question thank you.

'Crazy' yogis with no specific lineages get acknowledged by high lamas as 'secret' adepts. Haven't you heard of this before? They often go to these individuals for teachings, blessings and empowerments.

What you said is right, but there are exceptions.

I have never heard of this ever.

I have never heard of this ever.

Get the accounts off a Tibetan guru next time you meet one.

This is B.S.

I think you are misunderstanding.

there is no misunderstanding.

you have to hear it straight from the lamas' themselves.

there is no misunderstanding.

you have to hear it straight from the lamas' themselves.

You should be able to give one specific example.

no need to get hung up on transmissions.

some receive transmissions and dont even know the source nor the real intent.

the crazy yogins dont tell you they have done something for you after the fact. Slaps, spitting in people's faces, and other practices deemed preposterous are all common tales which tell how ill omens and bad luck have been deflected from the ones at the receiving end. Such are the nature of their blessings, in accordance with their wisdom. Only lamas of a certain level of achievement can see this, and so they recognize these individuals as powerful yogins to receive teachings and empowerments from.

So, can i say to these tibetan gurus they are telling tall tales? No way.

• Like 3

So, can i say to these tibetan gurus they are telling tall tales? No way.

There are crazy yogis, but they all had transmissions and authorizations to teach.

Edited by RongzomFan
  • Like 1

There are crazy yogis, but they all had transmissions and authorizations to teach.

So how come someone would give a person who is extremely unbalanced a transmission and permission to teach? Wouldn't that be passing along an extremely unbalanced version of things to any people the crazy person gives transmissions to?

Unless maybe it was the transmissions that caused the psychological disturbance (them not being ready, or already halfway there?)

What is the reason for these rules, regulations and dogmas?

So it doesn't become like New Age, where anyone can be a teacher.

Also the rules are primordial, from the primordial termas.

Edited by RongzomFan
  • Like 1

So how come someone would give a person who is extremely unbalanced a transmission and permission to teach?...

'Crazy' as in 'crazy wisdom' - completely sane, but with high realisation that means they can use skilful means to help people according to their needs, with behaviour that seems crazy, nonsensical or outrageous to the majority of people, who can't understand their rationale.

• Like 4

A Vajrayana teacher must be authorized to teach.

If it's anything like chinese martial arts and qigong, you can buy those certificates without even being qualified :D.

Consequence: Drop Vajrayana, find a system that doesn't make you dependent on human relationships for spiritual progress ;)

Edited by Yascra
  • Like 1

Consequence: Drop Vajrayana, find a system that doesn't make you dependent on human relationships for spiritual progress ;)

I have seen quite a few bad things happen with folks who are completely on their own in practice. Not all of course, but far too many. Well that and the progress doesn't work as well from what I have also seen. (I mean all practices not just Vajrayana).

• Like 2

That's fine if you feel like that.

I would rather achieve rainbow body though.

That's fine if you feel like that.

I would rather achieve rainbow body though.

Well, I'd prefer enlightenment instead of some form achievements, but everybody as he or she likes.

But just to mention that, Vajrayana is not the only system that offers cultivation leading to rainbow body. It's just that other system might name this outcome differently. So everything fine in the end :)

Edited by Yascra