tsiwt

On what road to take. Mantak,Springforest,lomax?

Hi everyone, I love this forum but upon spending hours reading posts I am still confused. There are so many opinions that is hard to get precise knowledge. So I am throwing the dices here hoping to get some feedback.

I started with mantak chia - Microcosmic orbit, iron shirt it felt good but For some reason I just stop doing it after I while.

Now I want to come back to it and have been researching teachers.

I Started practicing spring forest qigong from the free content in youtube. - It feels good, it reminds me of mantak chia orbit but a little different. What do you think is the difference between the two systems?

I am also very interesting in Michael Lomax work - but I iam interested in it from what I have read here - since he doesn't have any free content.

So I am torn between Buying more of Mantak Chias work, Spring Forest Qigong, or Michael lomax work.

I like to feel vibrations in my body and energy associated with qigong.

What do you think, what are the differences?

Please help. I want to invest my money wisely

Edited by tsiwt

Honestly, you'll benefit more from learning Xingyi or Bagua from a teacher trained in the traditional way (verified lineage + oral transmission). Still it could mean nothing if the teacher has become busy with life matters (hence he is not as dedicated), lazy or a marketer.

Good luck finding one, I wish you the best. There are around but as always luck is what you need the most (basically when the student is ready the teacher will be there waiting).

Ask in "rum soaked fist forum" for Xingyi/Bagua teachers as well.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

If you can't get personal instruction I would do Spring Forest, there are fewer issues and it is potentially better for your health than Chia, it is one of the best easily available systems out there in my opinion. If you can get personal instruction get that, Stillness Movement isn't complete without going to a seminar and receiving a transmission in person.

Edit: so much depends on your intentions and what you want to get out of it so if you could speak a bit more about that it would help

tsiwt (thats a name with a twist?)

do what resonates with you. listen to your own inner voice as to what path to embark upon.

just enter the path with sincerity and have some patience.

with any practice after it becomes 'routine' you may have a tendency to "just stop doing it"

it may seem like you are not feeling the obvious results that you were feeling,

but it may be working on more subtle levels that you are not as sensitive to yet.

• Like 1

Hi tsiwt. I would suggest that when asking about a particular practice, that you ask people how long they have been doing that particular practice, how much they have been practicing, and what kind of actual benefits they personally achieved from the practice. ;) Why do I say this? Because from what I have seen, some people will recommend a practice which they themself have little to no actual experience with, but they just like the 'idea' of something, so they recommend it. I would agree with others that you should not limit yourself at the beginning when searching for a practice, as you may need to try some different things to get a better feel for what they involve, and it is also helpful if you mention what you want to achieve with your practice. :)

Edited by NotVoid

an in person teacher would help miles above and beyond something from books/videos :).

precisely!

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I love this forum but upon spending hours reading posts I am still confused. There are so many opinions that is hard to get precise knowledge. So I am throwing the dices here hoping to get some feedback.

I started with mantak chia - Microcosmic orbit, iron shirt it felt good but For some reason I just stop doing it after I while.

I Started practicing spring forest qigong from the free content in youtube. - It feels good, it reminds me of mantak chia orbit but a little different. What do you think is the difference between the two systems?

I am also very interesting in Michael Lomax work - but I iam interested in it from what I have read here - since he doesn't have any free content.

So I am torn between Buying more of Mantak Chias work, Spring Forest Qigong, or Michael lomax work.

So far you have received two very good pieces of advise:

"do what resonates with you. listen to your own inner voice as to what path to embark upon.

just enter the path with sincerity and have some patience."

and

"an in person teacher would help miles above and beyond something from books/videos"

I think to to get an idea of how the systems compare you would have to find not just one or two but several people who have practiced all 3 for a goodly period of time. I don't think there are many here who have done that.

One of the keys in what you are asking is this:

" I like to feel vibrations in my body and energy associated with qigong."

Most people feel this in their very first session of Gift of the Tao as it is a direct energetics system. But as with any system the only way for any particular person to know is to try it for a period of time.

If you would like to try our system I will make it really easy. Email me your address and I will send you the Gift of the Tao I DVD. Practice it daily for 30 days. If at the end of 30 days you like it and wish to continue the practice, then please pay me for the DVD. If you don't like it enough to continue the practice, don't be concerned with payment and either give the DVD to someone who will use it, throw in trash, or my 2nd favorite, use it as a beer coaster - but good beer only!

• Like 12

Everyone thank you for the great advice. This is a great community!

Taking all the advice into consideration.

I have decided to give the Gift of Tao a Try. For 3 reasons

1- Because Mr. Lomax reached out to me with his generosity and great offer, and his belief in his product is seductive.

2- His system seems to be what I am looking for : energy + vibration work.

3- Because I live in the U.S and being able to train with a master teacher without traveling to China is a great advantage.

Thank you again.

I will report here my progress after a month.

Edited by tsiwt
  • Like 4

I have both SFQ and GoT.

SFQ is too boring and static for me personally, but GoT is perfect. SFQ, like many other Qigong forms, is very elementary and it feels a bit one-sided.

GoTI is dynamic and interesting, with lots of different ways to feel the energetics. It is all-round development of energy sensitivity and cultivation, and even after so many routines completed it remains a challenge to go deeper and feel more with every move.

I look forward to hearing your month progress report. Best of luck with your practice.....and Michael made an excellent point.....good beer only! :D

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

imho you cant learn qigong properly without a teacher - you can do some preparations but to really learn the forms and methods you need actual, first-hand instruction that applies to your body type and situation, etc.

and its not always necessary to go to china to find a well-trained teacher (or even a master) .. if you can keep an open mind as well as a healthy amount of critical thinking, you can benefit from any legitimate teacher with sufficient skill level .. "lineage holder" or not

• Like 2

I look forward to hearing your month progress report. Best of luck with your practice.....and Michael made an excellent point.....good beer only! :D

My 2 cents, Peace

This detail is SOOO important that I include it over here:

<-----

:)

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

Everyone thank you for the great advice. This is a great community!

Taking all the advice into consideration.

I have decided to give the Gift of Tao a Try. For 3 reasons

1- Because Mr. Lomax reached out to me with his generosity and great offer, and his belief in his product is seductive.

2- His system seems to be what I am looking for : energy + vibration work.

3- Because I live in the U.S and being able to train with a master teacher without traveling to China is a great advantage.

Thank you again.

I will report here my progress after a month.

Will ship this week! I believe you will enjoy this highly-energetic system.

I would say that mantak chia or lomax would serve you equally well.

For those of you who missed the sarcasm:

This question is like asking, which car should I buy? A 1971 Ford Pinto with 500,000 miles on it or a 1971 Chevrolet Vega with 600,000 miles on it.

Doesn't matter they will both serve you equally as well.

Equally as well doesn't mean they are both good choices.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch
  • Like 1