Yeah, and while I did finally learn that I must confess that I learned it much later than in life than I had wished.

From that Rod Stewart song, "If I only knew then what I know now."

• Like 3

Yeah, and while I did finally learn that I must confess that I learned it much later than in life than I had wished.

From that Rod Stewart song, "If I only knew then what I know now."

I think every guy feels the same. By the time you figure out the women in one age bracket, you've grown into the next and the whole process starts over...

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 3

Lol, it's already been tried. Norah Vincent went undercover in drag for a year & a half. And she basically got denied by so many chicks, lol...

Norah was surprised that

There are a lot of women out there who really want a manly man.

• Like 5

Lol, it's already been tried. Norah Vincent went undercover in drag for a year & a half. And she basically got denied by so many chicks, lol...

That was definitely interesting! Also gives some more insight perhaps into folks with gender dysphoria and how they must feel.

While during martial arts classes, and hanging out with my heavy metal (guy) buddies, I'm treated at "one of the guys", they also do definitely still tone things down!

I also think that guys enjoy talking with their female friends because they can actually express some emotions and talk about things they can't really with their guy friends. Or so I have found.

• Like 5

I also think that guys enjoy talking with their female friends because they can actually express some emotions and talk about things they can't really with their guy friends. Or so I have found.

Definitely. Also for the different perspective in general. And as a nice fringe benefit, having a few genuinely platonic female friendships helps a lot in meeting women for the not so platonic stuff ;)

• Like 5

Yeah, though I believe she speaks for herself and many other women, I always get a little annoyed at sweeping statements like these.

I certainly can't speak for the majority of men.

"The Voice of Generation-Y"

I pretty much new what to expect as soon as I saw the subtitle of the zine.

Technically, I think I'm part of G-Y (born in '82), but I definitely don't connect with most of the stuff that gets marketed toward G-Y.

This article definitely sounds like it was written on a Monday morning after a weekend of striking out at the clubs.

If miss Lauren Martin wanted my advice, I would quote Superbad:

"My friends taught me never to meet a chick in a bar. You need to go somewhere social, non-threatening - like spin class or a farmer's market or the pumpkin patch, given the time of year."

• Like 3

My own take on this debate is that it's easy for male or female a-holes, but difficult for nice people of both genders. Each confronts it's own problems. One of my friends is a young lady, who I have known since she was born. She's pretty, intelligent, with a wide circle of friends and a nice boyfriend - so all good. Just that she's on meds for depression and self-harms.

I don't think any young person with feelings has it easy now. The peer pressure is beyond anything normal. I'm genuinely glad that I'm not a young person in these times. And I'm genuinely glad that I'm not in the "market" anymore.

Edited by yabyum24
  • Like 2

Yeah, though I believe she speaks for herself and many other women, I always get a little annoyed at sweeping statements like these.

I certainly can't speak for the majority of men.

I barely even read the ones my friends send me unless it's from google scholar or jstor ;). I really should have stuck with that rule and skipped this one...

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

Well, it's an interesting point of view and one that considerate single men need to be reminded of.

There's a difference between gawking and having pickup lines and all that, and approaching a woman you genuinely find interesting and not being afraid to put it out there that you're interested.

But that doesn't mean that even half the women you see out without a boyfriend or husband right at their sides wants anything to do with you or any other guy in the bar.

• Like 1

Oh, oh, oh dancing with myself
Oh, oh, oh dancing with myself
Well there's nothing to lose
And there's nothing to prove
And I'm dancing with myself
Oh, oh, oh, oh...

So let's sink another drink
'Cause it'll give me time to think
If I had a chance, I'd ask you to dance
And I'd be dancing with myself

Edited by Mark Foote