Vitalii

Photos from my pilgrimage to the mountains of China in 2010 [part 2]

Seems to me you can't visit places like that without a few adventures along the way.

Care to tell us one?

• Like 3

Wow, those grottoes are impressive. I wonder if their purpose was for people to live in there and meditate or just for Buddha statues?

• Like 1

Seems to me you can't visit places like that without a few adventures along the way.

Care to tell us one?

yes, you are right :)
I visited many interesting places and have met some interesting people, taoist and buddhist masters and masters of martial arts.
For example, after I held a retreat for my students in a monastery in Nepal a few years ago, I continued living in there. I talked with one Lama of the Karma Kagyu school every day and one day he said that he meditates a lot and his body weakened and he asked me to teach him dao yin. he had spent three-year in retreat, and his body was really weak, but he had a higher spiritual level.
At first, he was not able to do all the basic dao yin exercises correctly, but he tried very hard every day and his body got stronger. He recorded exercises on own phone, to continue practicing when I leave his monastery.
I taught him every day and he taught me some internal practices of his school.
  • Like 1

It is unfortunate that the Chinese have to ruin sacred rocks with paintings and carvings on them. Wouldn't it better to leave them in their raw and untouched state. Not very Taoist and Buddhist...and respectful to the spirit of the rock.

Here are some pics of a less spoilt Taoist sanctuary:

1zgrp1k.jpg

2gvsi2d.jpg

309oqvb.jpg

35b58cg.jpg

:)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

If a bird poops on the rocks or builds nests, or a beaver dams a steam, is that different from humans building temples or making paintings? How are rocks carved by ice different from rocks carved by humans? We are all forces of nature, end of the day.

• Like 3