mwight

A 6 Dimensional Theory of Reality

Everyone is familiar with the first three spatial dimensions, length width and height. The next three are temporal, and can be described as: duration(lifespan), possibility(possible life paths), and infinity.

Each higher dimension is an infinite expansion of the previous dimension.

Dimension 0 is a point, a point is coordinate which lacks any definite size or shape.

Dimension 1: if you use one point to denote a beginning, and another an end, then connect these two you have created a line. A line is a one dimensional object, and it is also contains an infinite number of points, as it can be seen as an infinite expansion of a point.

Dimension 2: if you take parallel lines and connect them you have a plane or square. It could be said that this square contains an infinite number of lines, as it can be seen as an infinite expansion of a line.

Dimension 3: if you take parallel planes and connect them you have made a cube. This cube contains an infinite number of planes, as it can be seen as an infinite expansion of a square or plane.

Dimension 4: it helps if you visualize this like a solid 3D object forming a line.

The forth dimension is the duration (or lifespan) of a third dimensional object. From birth to death, creation to destruction, it is like a line as in dimension 1.

If you could view yourself as a 4D object, your birth on end, and death on another you would look like a long worm.

Imagine you ten minutes ago, you now, and you ten minutes in the future. When viewed from a 4D perspective it would completely and totally SOLID. The only thing which moves through this solid object is your consciousness.

From this perspective it is almost like it is pre-recorded, much like a record or a dvd. It is the needle or laser which moves along the disc, which creates the music and movies we perceive. It is your consciousness which acts precisely like a needle or laser, creating the reality you see around you.

If you remember how a line contains an infinite number of points, you will realize how the 4th dimension contains an infinite number of 3D slices we call "the present"

Dimension 5: The fifth dimension is possibility, or possible life paths one can take. (imagine an infinite number of 4D lines forming a 5D square)

The most popular (and accepted) interpretation of quantum mechanics is the MWI (Many Worlds Interpretation). For each possibility there is a world in which it is an actuality. This has also been called the "multi-verse".

Lets say this morning you decide to have juice instead of tea, there is also a world with a "you" just as real and living having tea instead of juice.

There are an infinite number of possible choices and outcomes in ones life, based upon your choices, thoughts, actions etc. Each of these infinite possible paths represent one singular 4D line. The plane or square in this case represents all the possible timelines and possibilities for one 3D object.

The 5th Dimension contains all possibilities which exist from the creation of a said object, until its destruction or death.

Dimension 6: The sixth dimension is infinity. Everything that is, was or ever could be. The 5th dimension dealt with the possibilities of one observer, it could then be said that the 6th dimension deals with the possibilities for all possible observers, in all possible universes, at all possible moments in time, all at once, as one singular coherent solid object.

We started out with a point, a coordinate which lacked any definite size or shape, and yet we have returned to that. Infinity, a solid, and still object, which contains every possible past, present, and future, for every possible observer, in all possible universes. There is nothing else to measure it by or compare it to, so it becomes a point, of indeterminate size or shape.

What then could be said of us? What exactly are we? The best answer I have found is that we are waves of consciousness which exist as a point flowing through this infinity, for what purpose I am unsure. I do know that the belief you have a body, a life, and ego, identity etc. are false. We are something more than that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. -Bill Hicks

"My uncreated and unending profound Enlightenment ensures my perfect insight into the realm of Ultimate Truth, where the one is infinite and the infinite is one." -Buddha

"He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye."

-Buddha

Edited by mwight

I heard this talk from Adyashanti a couple months ago that goes into awakening and science.

Go to this link and it's the third one down called "science and spirit" you can download.

link

I listened but they didn't seem to say too much.

Edited by mwight

Really? Oh well. I like what they say towards the end how the highest level science could get to in terms of truth is if the scientist realizes he is what he is looking for.

My feeling is if you live in truth/oneness it's probably not too important to dissect the universe into different dimensions for intellectual study. But it could be interesting stuff. Probably others here can say something about it. I don't know.

it was interesting, I just thought you meant they were discussing higher dimensions.. :) my bad

..........."there is but a hairs' breath between you and i"............

heart goes thump thump

nostalgica.

Edited by rain

why limit it to 6 dimensions?

infinity has no levels

eternity has no time.

there is but a hairs breath

between you and i

a hairs' breath? where's the d ?-is it another lost dimension?

in fact I very much like the idea of a hair's breath- mine have mostly fallen from my pate and what life they have I hope has breath indeed- Just a lark's flight between us -

wanted to post an update to this, simplified:

Understanding the higher dimensions is easy if you have experienced them first hand. During meditation and resulting OBE's I've had the opportunity to do just that.

Perhaps I'm just another nutcase but I believe my experiences to be valid.

you already understand the first three, but lets review them a little.

1. if you were to start with a point, and expand it infinitely in series you could make a line.

2. if you take a line and expand it infinitely in a series you would form a square or plane

3. if you expand a square or plane in an infinite series you would have a cube.

lets think about that and apply that to time, and perhaps shift some paradigms here.

most people I meet think that the past ceases to be as soon as we move forward in time, and the future is yet to be created. I can assure you this is not the case and that paradigm is completely wrong.

Time is really the speed at which your awareness moves through this reality, viewed 3 dimensional cross sections (called the present) of a large 4D solid object.

both past and future already existed before "you" ever came into the picture and started observing this "reality"

so the forth dimension really is the realization that both past and future are apart of a solid object.

That is kind of hard to visualize but imagine for one second that the past you, present you and future you are all connected and comprise a larger 4D object, just as a we expanded a square or plane infinitely to create a cube, so also if we expand our infinite number of "present" moments we experience in a lifetime we would look like a large snake or worm our birth at the beginning and our death at the other.

4. time is the perception we have of our movement through a 4D object. Remember how a point was expanded infinitely to create a line, well its the same here, except the point in this case is a 3D object.

Lets talk about the fifth dimension a little. The fourth dimension implied pre-destiny and fate by showing that the future has already occurred, while this is true it is not the complete truth. Moment to moment we are presented with infinite branching 4D paths to choose from, e.g. drinking tea instead of orange juice this morning. every choice action, thought etc that you have is navigating you through a maze of infinite possibilities. You can choose any you like, most people do not pay attention at all and wind up navigating to less than ideal outcomes, this is what karma really means. You do not create reality but you choose it down to the most minute detail. This concept is supported by the MWI of quantum mechanics, Stephen Hawking and the majority of physicists subscribe to the notion that indeed we do live in a multiverse and not a universe.

There are infinite parallel realities to our own, and contrary to popular belief you don't need a fancy machine to travel to them, because automatically you do it every second your alive. The choices you make, the thoughts you think, the way you act, your attitude, everything you do period, navigates you in and out of these worlds.

5. The 5th Dimension is an infinite expansion of 4D representing the choices we make and how we navigate the multiverse via our actions and thoughts. Remember how we created a square or plane by infinitely expanding a line, well the same applies here were expanding a 4D object, and showing all its possible life paths to create a plane or square.

I have gone as far as the 6th dimension, but could go no further. I do not know if there really are dimensions higher than 6 but based on my first hand experience I haven't seen them.

The sixth dimension is totality, every possible 5D object and path possible, in all possible worlds. Everything that is was or could be as one singular and coherent singularity. Nothing moves, everything is still. Infinity, in a grain of sand.

6. The 6th dimension encompasses everything that is was or ever could be in all possible worlds and universes as one singular coherent object.

The implications of this theory are very profound, it means you aren't who or what you think you are. wink.gif stew on that for a while.

I think that sounds like pseudo-science. In my opinion, it is a terrible theory, with nothing to back it up besides imagination-based conjection.

the 5th dimension sounds like a theoretical subtangent aspect of the 4th-- that is loaded with unfounded implications.

The '6th' could be also explained as the combination of the totality of all prior dimensions, (1+2+3+4+5) but then is given a qualifier as its own 'dimension', which doesnt really make any sense.

I think that sounds like pseudo-science. In my opinion, it is a terrible theory, with nothing to back it up besides imagination-based conjection.

the 5th dimension sounds like a theoretical subtangent aspect of the 4th-- that is loaded with unfounded implications.

The '6th' could be also explained as the combination of the totality of all prior dimensions, (1+2+3+4+5) but then is given a qualifier as its own 'dimension', which doesnt really make any sense.

Dear Findley,

Yes perhaps your right. I came up with these idea's in 2004-2005 when I was having recurrent OBE's during my meditation. I still have them but not as often. I wrote my theory based upon my first hand experiences of moving into and out of realities above and below our own, and the solidity of time, and the nature of my experience.

I have since been reading up on current string theory, and quantum mechanics. The math does check out for what I describe as the 5th dimension.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/main.jhtm...1/sciuni121.xml

http://space.newscientist.com/article/mg19...ntum-sense.html

So this isn't simply based on conjecture. Also the majority of physicists including Steven Hawking believe in what is called the many worlds interpretation of Quantum Mechanics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Also it is theorized that the Large Hadron Collider later this year when it is turned on may provide hard evidence of microsingularities (black holes) and perhaps higher dimensions, and other interesting things. It may confirm some predictions of string theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

nDx--vUBQYU

Science Channel Special On Parallel Universe

JkxieS-6WuA

Imagining The Tenth Dimension 1 (about string theory)

ySBaYMESb8o

Imagining The Tenth Dimension 2 (about string theory)

LDajcGcKiAM

The solidity of time.

Edited by mwight

The forth dimension as I experienced it was that both past and future are apart of a solid continuum. This is also described in the book the tao of meditation way to enlightenment by Jou, Tsung Hwa. Also other Buddhist and Taoist practitioners and scholars I have talked to have talked about experiences of "all at once" in which the meditators realize that past and future (and possible futures) are apart of a solid coherent whole.

The fifth dimension as I experienced it was that at any moment on this continuum there were infinite other continuum which existed to accommodate each and every possibility and possible choice an observer can possibly make. This deals with the observations of just one observer.

The six dimension dealt with all possibilities not just for one single observer, but all possible observers, in all possible universes. This deals with everything, every observer, every perspective, every universe everything, all at once as one coherent object.

I know string theory goes on to postulate higher dimensions based on universes with different initial conditions to our big bang, but what I experienced when I was out of body was that all these different universes with different initial conditions were expressed in the totality of the sixth. Perhaps there are more, I don't really know. Perhaps there are no more than what we experience. I simply recorded a life changing revelation I had during an OBE and tried my best to get it out on paper. Perhaps its silly, but it seems to me to be supported by valid science and scientists like steven hawking.

Edited by mwight

Physicists have mathmatically figured out there are at least 11 dimensions that we know of.

If you meditate a lot you will have astral traveling or OBE, it's best to have a teacher to guide you through the rough and crazy spots. Your 6 dimension universe is based on subjective experience and is incomplete.

From a physics point of view, read Parallel Universes by Michio Kaku. Stuart Wilde may help you make sense out of your OBE experiences, but a really good meditation teacher is better.

ooooh my head hurts. Really id just like to accept the idea of the 4th dimension being a purely spatial idea. Like we have XY, YX ZY ZX planes in the third dimension id like to think we have that equivalent in the 4th dimension.

For my brains sake i just assume that if i were living in a 2 dimensional world i would not be able to percieve the 3rd dimension. And if i were to experience something from the 3rd dimension passing through my little 2d world like...lets say an orange, it would start off as a tiny circle as the orange passed through my 2d (sheet of paper world) the circle would become larger untill it hit the middle of the orange and become smaller as the orange left my 2d plane of existence.

I imagine the same would imply to a 4d object in a 3d world...but i would have no idea what that looks like as my brain is already hurting from reading the previous posts.

Now the collider is very interesting...neutrinos and gravitrons rock my socks. I think one thing they are trying to do whilst smashing tiny little bits of matter together at nearly the speed of light is trying to detect Gravitrons which are created then dissappear "supposedly" into another plane of existence ...Dum Dum Dum The 4th Dimension !!!

I have read about the theory of gravitrons and their relation to the 4th dimensional plane but thanks to all this talk about 6 dimensions im beginning to doubt my own existence, Need to make my self 4d for a while...ill get back to you on that one.

:unsure::mellow::blink::huh::o

From what I understand of quantum theory, electrons do not move in smooth paths but instead "teleport" around between electron layers (amongst other things). So when these electrons are about to jump, they actually begin to manifest in all possible destinations at once, finally collapsing the waveform and solidifying in a new position.

What is interesting is that the electron while in intermediary positions or virtual positions will actually have some effect on the surrounding particles. Thus the "many worlds" intermesh with our own.

Also of interest is that our brain has a significant number of neurons (more than half if I remember right) that are sensitive to these quantum virtual electron states, to the extend that their firing patterns can be effected.

To me this suggests the potential for our brain to be a form of "quantum computer" (although I hate the idea of comparing us to computers, I think it's misleading). Also (although it's a little far fetched) this may give our mind the ability to "see into" alternate realities before collapsing things into the real world. These other realities may be so different that they are mistaken for experience with another spacial or temporal dimension.

I'm no meditation master but I think most would tell you that these experiences are common but not that important, not to be distracted by them. I'm also no quantum scientist and haven't read about this stuff for a while, for all I know scientists look at things totally different now. But it is an interesting subject isn't it? :-)

peace + love

Chris

Actually this theory of 6 dimensions first was taught by Gurdjieff and the first time written in "A new model of the Universe" by Ouspensky in 1931.

Based on this theory Gurdjieff says that actually the reincarnation is not the usual belief but some kind of cyclic life that we live over and over again like portrait in the movie Groundhog day with Bill Murray

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day_(film)

Groundhog Day is a tale of self-improvement, to look inside oneself and realize that the only satisfaction in life comes from turning outward and concerning oneself with others rather than concentrating solely on one's own wants and desires. As such, the film has become a favorite of Buddhist, Christian and Jewish leaders alike because they see its themes of selflessness and rebirth as a reflection of their own spiritual messages. It has even been dubbed by some religious leaders as the "most spiritual film of our time."

Here is shown a guy who accidentally went into his future and saw and touched and discussed with himself at age 70 and made a picture of him in double exemplars of different ages with his cellphone :lol::lol::lol:

E2sp-clMk8s

:blink: weird, how can this be explained?