soaring crane

Huii Chun Gong - who knows it?

hi!

I'd appreciate some reliable info on Hui Chun Gong, if anyone here is familiar with the form. Good online resources? Personal experience?

One specific question - I read recently that Swimming Dragon form part of this system is, but I don't know if this is true or not. Is it? I've been practicing SD for a long time as one of my core exercises but the teacher I initially got it from said it came from Buddhist temples ... I never really questioned the roots. Now I'm curious.

PS - I have very specific reasons for this query, it's kind of important to me, so I'd be really thankful for any good info :D

Oh nooooo ... has anybody even heard of Hui Chun Gong?

Yes and yes there is a swimming dragon form which is called three circles.

It is use to train the lower back so that it becomes flexible.

The form comes from Huashan. One has to be careful. Modern teachers

have mixed things in and I do not like how it become.

Yes and yes there is a swimming dragon form which is called three circles.

It is use to train the lower back so that it becomes flexible.

The form comes from Huashan. One has to be careful. Modern teachers

have mixed things in and I do not like how it become.

Hi Friend and thank you very much for replying.

Do you know specifically if the Swimming Dragon/Three Circles originated with this form?

If it isn't too much to ask, could you specify what modern additions to the form you don't like? What is there to look out for?

There's someone in the area offering the form and he's making some wild claims in his ads. I know that he only recently finished a short teacher certification program and has virtually no experience with this form, or any other. I wouldn't ordinarily worry about it, or even notice it, but the administrators of my club are considering asking him to take over a class and I don't feel comfortable with the idea.

Gerald Sharp (http://www.chiflow.com) has a Swimming Dragon DVD set that has been on my wish list for a long time (but I still haven't bought). On the web site he states that the piece that we usually refer to here as Swimming Dragon is just the metal phase of a five element set, and that it is one of the earliest sets, going back to the time of the Golden Emperor. The DVD includes the full five phases.

I've never heard of Hui Chun Gong, but then again there are many interesting forms of qigong being taught in Germany that we don't hear about much in the US. The bits that I watched on Youtube looked like basic silk reeling exercises.

Stuart A. Olson also teaches Swimming Dragon, but calls it Tiger's Waist.

• Like 3

Hi Dainin - Thanks for the link, I've been doing the basic form for so long but never really explored it further. It's one of my daily practices, regardless of what else might be going on.

I do this form often with my groups, because it's one of those things that just has it all, in a pretty simple movement that can be learned and practiced solo relatively quickly. It can be used as a simple, effective limbering gymnastic, or get downright deeply meditative. I include pre- and post-exercises and meditations, too, but I created them myself. The teacher I learned it from insisted that it was for strengthening and "cleansing" the triple burner, but I've migrated it to a 3-dantian movement, it just fits better for me.

It's good winter Qigong because it really boosts the body's temperature in no time :D

hmmm ... the description at the website is pretty long, lot's of stuff on those dvd's, but I wonder if you would really benefit from it all? The basic form is one that I would actually say a person can learn from the youtube videos that are out there, lol. And then just go with the flow.

Have you tried it?

Hi Soaring Crane,

I've done the basic movement and have practiced it on a regular basis in the past. I think that it provides a very good spinal stretch, especially laterally, and I would imagine it gives the internal organs a nice massage. I agree about it raising the body temperature. I am usually sweating by the time I've completed 21 rounds, which I think was the number suggested in T.K. Shih's book on it. I've heard it said that it is good for weight loss as well, which makes sense. Although the movements encircle the three dantiens, I personally didn't find that it really increased qi sensations within the dantiens much.

Hi Friend and thank you very much for replying.

Do you know specifically if the Swimming Dragon/Three Circles originated with this form?

If it isn't too much to ask, could you specify what modern additions to the form you don't like? What is there to look out for?

There's someone in the area offering the form and he's making some wild claims in his ads. I know that he only recently finished a short teacher certification program and has virtually no experience with this form, or any other. I wouldn't ordinarily worry about it, or even notice it, but the administrators of my club are considering asking him to take over a class and I don't feel comfortable with the idea.

You may need to read Bian Zhizhong "Daoistische Übungen für die Gesundheit".

It is a collection of exercises. One has to be careful when people start to add Qi into it and do not mention Bian Zhizhong

and not mention that the exercise aim on the endocrine system and let important facts in exercise description when it

concern the gonads and the stimulation of named acupuncture points, this is a big alarm raise in my head if such things are missing.

If he can answer this questions, the next thing is the claim of Hui Chung Gong is to make one gentle beautiful and youthful in appearance and very free hip because of the nature of this exercises with very smooth motion when doing small motions.

No shiny face and eyes are careful to take then one watch if the breathing is soft and long.

The most important exercise is the first exercise which gave the name the system is called now (I dont know how it is called as each exercise is a stand alone exercise) "Hui Chun" "back springtime" which is to stimulate the gonads and introduce automatic breathing by movement - if one rest the breath. The correct practise one hear as if one hear the air comes in and out but actually no

big breathing motion, with nose is pretty difficult but actually the jaw is dropped so mouth is slightly open so the air can come in from the mouth so a sound more like a pump for the bycicle is created.

The breathing is cause by the movement in general. (I try and find it difficult and I myself can create this autobreathing but have to rest

after some movements, so I fastly loose interest to exercise this as I find it... bothersome. So I expect a teacher can maintain it all the time since a beginner as I stay have to rest after some movement to take normal breath)

I find it most interesting that this concept is used in Hsin Tao and I think both are more near the hanging weight exercsie to the Iron Penis Qigong than other categories of Qigong and that it is important to have loose underwear and trousers to exercise the gonads

with own weight.

I can only said that the Swimming Dragon is especially one of the movements which sure not comes in other schools as the movements are unusual so that even hints are not even found in the Wuxia Industry which takes such forms as inspiration

as actuallly Paul Dong acknowledge Gu Long for being one who know the one or other piece of real form which flood into

the Demi God Semi Evils.

So the chance that Swimming Dragon comes from daoist Huashan Practise is very high

but Hua Shan is very plastered with monastry and if there where interaction and practise trade between them since

if one is on good terms one share the things one hold dear so they can enjoy the good things also.

It might appear that the prayer posture may makes one think that it is buddhist but it is also to mention that Bao Lin Wu

who is one of the Longmepai Lineageholders teach the 9 Solar Qigong which use in the last part 1/9 also a prayer posture

to create circles. It is mention that Hao Datong http://www.hui-chungong.de/3.html is contributed as founder of this exercise and since he is also a student of Quanzhen Wang Chongyang. Having it coming form Buddhist Temple... who knows, there are some thousand sects.

• Like 2

yes, the swimming dragona is a set of 4 exercises from the 13 of the Bian Zhizhong's,

Hui Chun Gong

aka  The return of spring

i appreeciate some video links

i've been practising it for 20 years

a very good longevity technique, focusing mainly in the kydney meridian system

the problem is to find a teacher who nows what he is doing. since his introduction in the 1980's

in china, and the succession of the lineages bosses it was profoundly changed.

in my opinion they are missing the essential doing it like the majority of people i know do Taiji

a simple ritual copy of the form that loses what is funda mental in this "INTERNAL" qigong exercise

namely, understanding what Internal means

if you want more information, you're welcome to ask

• Like 1

Okay, Tamba, I'm asking... :) 

What do we need to understand about "internal" to use Swimming Dragon effectively?

Thank you for offering to explain...

• Like 3

Hi, Hui-chun gong is Daoist in origin and was introduced as a system from Huashan-P'ai. Hui-chun gong was introduced into my country, Singapore about 20 years ago. There are books on this qigong but they are in Chinese. From my very limited knowledge on this system, the movements are gentle and soft to the point of being effeminate which turns me off.