BaguaKicksAss

Telekenesis documentary

INCREDIBLE TELEKINESIS PERFORMED BY URI GELLER!!! :o :o :o

His telekinetic powers are incredible!!!

INCREDIBLE TELEKINESIS PERFORMED BY URI GELLER!!! :o :o :o

His telekinetic powers are incredible!!!

Its rather curious at the end of the vid clip how the ball, after it moves rolls around and then comes to a stop ... just like it is weighted ? Some type of 'pendulum effect' from telekenesis ... ???

Why doesnt it keep rolling ? Is it being controlled in ever smaller little to and from movements before it comes to rest by telekenesis ?

That one is actually worse than the golf club clip . I can do exactly that with a golf club (if you only watch me from the point that clip started ;)

Edited by Nungali

Its rather curious at the end of the vid clip how the ball, after it moves rolls around and then comes to a stop ... just like it is weighted ? Some type of 'pendulum effect' from telekenesis ... ???

Why doesnt it keep rolling ? Is it being controlled in ever smaller little to and from movements before it comes to rest by telekenesis ?

That one is actually worse than the golf club clip . I can do exactly that with a golf club (if you only watch me from the point that clip started ;)

a4uo7WF.gif

tumblr_mutbjnOGJC1qz6z2wo1_500.gif

Edited by Dorian Black

Ah .... thats the point Dorian ... I looked at it more closely than normal (and I am only talking about those two clips, as they appeared in the link).

Can you not see what I mean ?

You must have read some of my other posts ... I do not deny this sort of thing generally, I am just commenting on what I saw and observed; weighted roly-poly and a hand concealing where all the action was supposedly taking place (where he gripped the club).

So; why are sometimes things unexplainable and at other times can be explained? I am taking a guess ... to increase our powers of observation ? I think there should be a middle path between gullibility and across-the-board scepticism.

• Like 1

Didn't James Randi totally debunk everything Uri Geller did years ago? I'm probably telling my age, but I remember an especially embarrassing moment for Uri on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

Edited by paulno

The less than amazing Randi couldn't debunk his way out of a paper bag.

But he could claim that the paper bag isn't in fact the paper bag, but that if you can prove him wrong by finding a paper bag the size of a skyscraper he'll give you $1 million ;)

We should'nt speak ill of the deceased.

A water douser once repeatedly demonstrated the ability to succesfully locate underground streams of water, on Randi's show broadcast in the UK in the '90's I think.

They had the good grace to show him doing it, and describe his success.

He never received a million anything.

And Randi's summation of his display was dismissive whilst still admitting that the man did exactly what he claimed he could do, under the watchful eye of Randi's camera crew.

At least that is my recollection, you might find the clip on youtube or something.

Strangely I don't recall anyone listing "water dowsing" in that special powers thread...

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Cant anyone see the obvious trick in the golf club clip .... or is it just so obvious it isnt worth commenting on ?

• Like 1

http://www.bolenreport.com/feature_articles/Doctor%27s-Data-v-Barrett/milliondollarsuit1.htm

http://newsvoice.se/2010/05/02/james-randi-and-his-one-million-dollar-challenge-fraud/

There are many links on this, to show how he gets out of it each time (and doesn't actually have the money, and uses the scam to earn himself money).

I'm sort of amazed people keep falling for this.

• Like 1

Its not to hard for a magician to fool a scientist. Matter of fact, they're easy because they focus so intently on one object. Much harder to fool another magician because they understand that nothing should be taken for granted, especially what is solid and empty and they understand fully the art of distraction. I was just looking at a metal that dissolves at 88 degrees. Apparently it used by many illusionists who make metal objects disappear without a trace.

Because of many obviously shown fakes, I don't think Geller is a good example of a person with powers.

Didn't James Randi totally debunk everything Uri Geller did years ago? I'm probably telling my age, but I remember an especially embarrassing moment for Uri on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.

#6. Uri Geller Is Exposed on the Johnny Carson ShowRichard Nelson/Photos.com

Contrary to what you might assume, the people most hostile to claims of supernatural powers are magicians. That's why nowadays they usually prefer the term "illusionist" -- they want to be clear from the outset that what they're doing is a trick. But then, every so often, one of them will hit the big time by claiming that they have genuine magic powers. Such is the case with Uri Geller, who in the '70s was basically the Sith Lord of illusionists. And millions of people believed him.
"Let the naivete flow through you."

If you're too young to remember, Geller found fame with mind-reading tricks and, more famously, mind-powered spoon bending. Swearing that he had actual psychic powers, he used a bunch of sleight-of-hand tricks already well-known to magicians to apparently bend spoons with his thoughts. Of course, any magicians with a moral compass knew exactly what he was doing and made it their mission to take the weasel down. The result was one of the most tense and cringe-worthy appearances in talk show history (in a medium loaded with them):

When Uri Geller was booked to appear on The Tonight Show, host Johnny Carson (a former magician himself) was understandably skeptical about Geller's claims and had called up professional illusionist and psychic head-stomper James Randi to ask how the tricks might really be done. As Randi explained, the easiest way to bend a spoon with your mind would be to spend a few minutes before the show bending the spoon back and forth with your hand until the metal is so weak that it just falls limp when you hold it up to the camera.

With this in mind, Carson surprised Geller on the show by presenting a table full of assorted spoons and knickknacks, rather than letting him bring his own props, and gave Geller free reign to pick whatever trick he wanted to perform. You can watch Geller slowly descend into panic mode, knowing that his trick won't work and millions are watching.'
He thought it would be a canned, no-sweat interview, like he was on [network you hate].

'It just gets harder to watch as it goes. Carson looks on, annoyed, as Geller tries to stall by ineffectually waving his hands over the table while he works out how the hell he's going to get out of this one.

For the first time, he found himself genuinely trying to call on a higher power.

After a series of the most incredibly awkward silences you will ever witness on a television broadcast, Geller eventually squirms out of the segment by claiming that he's just not feeling strong enough tonight.

Geller spent the rest of his career trying to sue James Randi over the humiliation, and after consistently losing his legal battles, he eventually quietly admitted that he was nothing more than an entertainer and not a wizard who could wield the powers of black magic. No shit?

• Like 2

Someone I know beleived that Criss Angel was an actual occultist and had actual powers. Right up until he flew down to Vegas to see a show..... apparently in person he wasn't even as good as half the others. Pretty impressive on TV though ;).

I have an interesting story pertaining to beleif vs reality...

A friend of mine is a famous author. He did a lecture/workshop at a large convention (the convention had 2000 magicians all together). I mean occultists. A few hundred people showed up for his workshop. It was a seance. There was a huge lineup of course, and everyone was pretty excited to see what was going to come about, from this powerful magician, who had been practicing for over 40 years and so on and so forth. The whole famous author thing also had everyone expecting something pretty fantastic ;).

I offered to help him setup, but he said no, him and his wife would do it fine. He also didn't allow me in the room beforehand to hang out and chat while he setup (as he usually does). So I figured some pretty heavy duty ritual work....

Everyone piled in and sat down. First he demonstrated some stage magic tricks, calling out a number one person had written down, and some other tricks. He talked about how many seances were nothing more than stage magic, the paranormal affects of them at least.

So after all that, then he starts allowing the spirits to come in, or calling them in, I forget which now. Several people had visions of spirits, felt something touch them, some water on them, and so forth during the entire thing. The table used for it all also rocked back and forth quite a bit. One person broke out into tears as one of her relatives showed up....

Then the seance ended.

Several extremely loud arguments broke out in th hallway afterwards about whether it was just stage magic or a real seance ;). This went on for about an hour after it was over. A couple of folks went to yell at the person who did the seance. Other folks swore they saw ghosts and thanked him profusely. I went to checkout all the gear he had used during the seance, looking underneath the tables, tablecloths and etc., but he shooed me away from it rather quickly lolol. He had allowed each of the volunteers to check out his gear during the seance, but that was in the dark ;).

I asked my friend if it was real or fake, and he asked what I thought. I told him I didn't feel a single spirit in the room, and that it felt so well protected that one couldn't have even snuck in who wasn't called. He never did answer my question...

I would say half of the room thought it was fake/stage magic, and the other half of the room thought it was real.

• Like 1

Your friend the author: evil bastard.

We still in the TK/Uri thread?

There is more to the Uri story than fake spoon bending.

I can't do TK, although I did try, on balanced cigarettes.

I would whirl and swirl nearby and flap my hand at it.

And it would fall over.

Towards me.

No doubt it was simply the wind.

I got bored of these exercises.

Do not put the lord thy god to the test, I was told.

Don't show off, ever.

And Dion Fortune told me I had to forget about making money out of "gifts."

It was only what I knew already.

I'd like to chat with Uri about his experiences with Puharich, for instance.

And about his personal experiences.

Although I'm so lazy I never even read his bio...

The people in the documentary are obviously fake. Abilities aren't just "discovered". They are the side effect of training hard with a real system. When I hear people say that they discovered an ability I automatically know that they are either lying or fooling themselves.

The people in the documentary are obviously fake. Abilities aren't just "discovered". They are the side effect of training hard with a real system. When I hear people say that they discovered an ability I automatically know that they are either lying or fooling themselves.

And you're basing this on what exactly? Unless you can provide an indepth explanation for exactly how such abilities work on a mechanical level which rules out their existence except as a product of training, then you're making some pretty huge assumptions.

That said, I do tend to be suspicious of people claiming they were 'born with' certain abilities, as it often comes off as an excuse to feel special without having to do any hard work, but I've also seen some pretty good evidence that some people do have an innate capacity for certain things - although it's generally much, much weaker than when it's achieved as a result of training.

Some people are born with them, but it is extremely rare. Also those born with them generally tend to hide from society not advertise.

• Like 1

And you're basing this on what exactly? Unless you can provide an indepth explanation for exactly how such abilities work on a mechanical level which rules out their existence except as a product of training, then you're making some pretty huge assumptions.

That said, I do tend to be suspicious of people claiming they were 'born with' certain abilities, as it often comes off as an excuse to feel special without having to do any hard work, but I've also seen some pretty good evidence that some people do have an innate capacity for certain things - although it's generally much, much weaker than when it's achieved as a result of training.

I've seen people born with some pretty strong abilities. I haven't seen it be much weaker than those gained with training, since it requires one have a natural born with starting point for the training to even work (doesn't work for everyone). This is from what I've seen having been around and trained with a LOT of people working energetics over the years. Now you get someone who is born with natural ability *and* trains, wow. However most born with odd talents or abilities do NOT want anything to do with them, and tend to view them more as a curse and something confusing they don't understand, than something good or something to brag about. Actually I have yet to see anyone who was born with some natural really strong talents brag about it, now that I come to think about it. They tend to be more confused and wondering.

• Like 1

However most born with odd talents or abilities do NOT want anything to do with them, and tend to view them more as a curse and something confusing they don't understand, than something good or something to brag about.

I'm so screwed, for instance, it ain't even funny.

Xcept it is.

You don't want what I got.

Although, just a warning.

I sometimes get the impression its contagious.