Jeff

Four Realizations...

Many teachers say the same sort of things, but I thought I would share some observations. I hope you will find it useful (or at least interesting...).

1. The observer and the process of observing are not two different things. As you look, you will find that ultimately no observer can be found, and so the whole concept will collapse in on itself. But as this realization grows, one must be careful of not getting caught up in concepts of nihilism. After a while, one finds that understanding and not understanding are not really two different things, with both being just concepts of the mind.

2. The meditator and the process of meditation are not two different things. Like with the observer, no meditator can be found and ultimately the concept of the "mental state" of meditation is dropped. As this realization grows, one must watch for both chasing visions & delusions, but also it is possible to slip into laziness/stupor of the mind. The mind should become increasingly aware and full of "light".

3. Behavior (and emotional responses) and the one who behaves are not two different things. Again, one cannot find the one who acts, so concepts of disavowing anger and actions as somehow being separate will be let go. As one's clarity grows, one realizes that concepts of good & evil are not really two different things, and judgements are mostly just automated ego responses.

4. Later one realizes that what is realized and the one who realizes it are not two different things. Since you cannot find the one who realizes "enlightenment" or the boundaries of such a being, one goes from noticing "it" to being all of "it". The key is to not get caught up in either attachment or fears, which are the obstructions that blind one from all of "it". As one learns to just "reside", your immediate awareness naturally unfolds to become spontaneously perfected inherent clarity, and one knows that a normal person and a Buddha are really not two different things.

Best wishes,
Jeff

• Like 5

:) reading the above immediately reminded me of Padmasambhava's 'Book of Great Liberation' video....

Edited by C T
  • Like 1