eye_of_the_storm

Sword Art Online

I have sword art too in my house. Actually, there are five matched pair of swords on display. One pair is Tai Chi practice sword and the other four pair are replica ancient Chinese battle double-edged swords.

It sure would be nice if I had the land in the above picture where I could display them. Hehehe.

• Like 1

my favorite sword:

All my swords are the Jiam style (double-edge, straight, one hand).

I looked at many sites when I decided to start my collection. I really wanted the antiques but they were far too expensive for me so I ended up getting authentic replicas of the antiques.

Nice thing about my four sets is that each set of of a different blade forging process whick makes the each very unique.

All my swords are the Jiam style (double-edge, straight, one hand).

I looked at many sites when I decided to start my collection. I really wanted the antiques but they were far too expensive for me so I ended up getting authentic replicas of the antiques.

Nice thing about my four sets is that each set of of a different blade forging process whick makes the each very unique.

I like Jians a lot too. I assume that was a typo?

I will see if I can find the site for this swordsmith in China who makes what I consider the most artistic swords

Yeah, I make lots of tipos.

Two of my sets came from Mainland China. Made to order.

yeah - best Chinese swords most likely come from China - wait till you see this guys stuff - its all in museums...

Yeah, those are the real things. They are the ones I said were way too expensive for me.

I would love to see them in real though.

One of mine is bladed like Rich Chen's but the handle and scabbard are different design.

Oh, that is a great collection at that site. I am sure most, if not all, were created as display swords and not actual battle swords. I have to leave them for Bill Gates and Warren Buffet to collect.

PS Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Marblehead

BTW Yesterday I finished restoring (initial restoration to remove the rust and other damage) two Indian Assassin Daggers I bought at the Gun Show in Tallahassee Saturday. They are hand made (two different sources) with flaws so they are unique.

They weren't well cared for by previous owners but now will be.

(I paid only $35 for each.)

• Like 1