Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

4th of July

I don't know if this has been said before.

But it occured to me a few weeks ago that an actual bush would be a better president than dubya.

A tree would probably be a great president.

:lol:

Hee hee. That's patriotic? I don't think so. It sounded like using the Libby case as an excuse to rail against someone you don't like. I'd say politics, not patriotism.

I've only followed the case briefly, but I don't see any major problems for President Bush. If you hate Bush, you'll still hate him. Everyone else won't care.

For clarification... Libby didn't leak Valerie Plame's name and Bush didn't pardon Libby. When the investigator questioned Libby, he already knew who leaked Valerie Plame's name.

Libby was accused of lying. I'm trying to find the actual lie that Libby told, and the only detail I can find is that he disagrees with Tim Russert about a conversation. Libby said they discussed Valerie Plame. Russert says they didn't. The actual conversation was about Joe Wilson, Valerie's husband.

Libby's motive for discussing Valerie Plame was to help discredit her husband, Joe Wilson. There are many curious facts about Joe Wilson's trip: Valerie Plame is only one small detail.

Now if Libby knew about Valerie Plame before he spoke with Tim Russert, Valerie Plame would have been brought up in the conversation. If Libby found out about Valerie Plame after their conversation, it's possible he might have thought that Russert told him about Valerie Plame. Like I said, Valerie Plame is only one small detail about Joe Wilson's trip and it's really an afterthought. His unprecedented oral report and his conflicting newspaper account are much more interesting.

Of course if you hate Bush and automatically distrust anything that comes out of this administration, then you'll assume the worst.

Libby's conviction and commutation is only a small detail. If the conviction is overturned on appeal, the commutation will actually be seen as a positive.

But don't worry, the phrase Halliburton will resonate much better. And don't forget "no bid contracts" and then their's always "big oil" and a hundred other phrases that stir up the hatred pot for Bush the second without requiring any actual thought.

I don't hate Dubya but I still mantain an actual bush would do a better job as president.

I don't hate Dubya but I still mantain an actual bush would do a better job as president.

I have to agree with you on that one. I think an actual bush would do a better job in congress as well.

I have to agree with you on that one. I think an actual bush would do a better job in congress as well.

We should just make our government a garden. Trees, plants and real bushes clearly have more wisdom than Washington.

I think having plants and real bushes run other countries governments is a good idea too.

ps. Actually if any future presidents are unsure about how to lead they should go see Transfomers The Movie-in theatres now and look at Optimus Prime.

Optimus is basically the perfect leader. Strong, courageous, wise, intelligent, funny. He resorts to violence(killing Decipticons) only to defend his robots or earthlings. He doesn't go out of his way to kill other people like certain current Presidents enjoy doing.

What is the 4th of July to Native Americans? It's ironic that people go to reservations to buy fireworks to celebrate the 4th of July. Where does patriotism fit into all of this? I can't help feeling that "patriotism" is an empty word that promotes mindlessness. It seems like every time I see that word, bad things are connected to it. Then again, I was never into school spirit back when I was a student. It made no sense to me.

It's disgusting to see all of these empty blowhards on TV and elsewhere preaching about patriotism. Feh.

Reminder to me: breathe and flow. It's all part of the flow.

Reminder to me: breathe and flow. It's all part of the flow.

Breath in, breath out. Everything is going to be OK. No people are where they started. People flow and intermingle. Native Americans are not native. They just have a longer history.

I've been reading an amazing book by Isaac Asimov, "The Greeks, a great adventure". It's the story of the beginnings of western civilization. It's crazy to read how humans acted and treated each other. The idea that we have today about what is civilized behavior makes me laugh. Collateral damage wasn't something to be avoided, it was the norm. Sack a city, take it's gold, kill everything that moved, and burn the rest to the ground. War was natural. The Goddess of War (Athena) was also the Goddess of Wisdom.

Patriotism is a love of and loyalty to one's country. I love the USA. The freedom and liberty I'm afforded because I live here and now is beyond amazing. The so called stains on America are nothing better nor worse than anyone else's history. We started this country to be a "more perfect" union. Not perfect, but more perfect. I think we're doing great.

We started this country to be a "more perfect" union. Not perfect, but more perfect. I think we're doing great.

Here, here!!

We started this country...

Oh boy, you must be really old then. Are you one of those immortals I keep hearing about? :P:lol:

Sign in to follow this