Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

Deceived...

I have mentioned this before but I will mention it here again: I love my ego. It takes care of me and keeps me out of a lot of trouble I would otherwise get into.

Thing is, our ego (strength of) must be equal to our reality. Being not equal will cause many problems.

• Like 4

I have mentioned this before but I will mention it here again: I love my ego. It takes care of me and keeps me out of a lot of trouble I would otherwise get into.

Thing is, our ego (strength of) must be equal to our reality. Being not equal will cause many problems.

I hope you are happy together.

Seriously, although I don't agree with you I know what you mean. But still don't buy ego = reality.

I hope you are happy together.

Seriously, although I don't agree with you I know what you mean. But still don't buy ego = reality.

Hehehe. That's okay. It's not the first time we have disagreed. I'm sure it won't be the last.

Love your ego….don'f fight it. Treat it like a child, tell it everything is alright and thank it for all of its service. Fighting it only fuels conflict.

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 3

Not sure if the ego is something which can be coaxed into subservience. Establishing such a pattern could lead to a lot of energy wastage without any real, useful result. It can also reinforce the imaginary functions of said empty ego, thereby giving it more credence than it deserves.

Instead of dwelling directly on the workings of ego, just try to practice mindful attention to intentions and reactive habits which follow thought patterns.

Once a person has mastered the habit of intentionally opting for transcendent, viable, and truth-based alternatives to unconscious reactive tendencies and actions, which is likely to be achieved by becoming aware each time such triggers are about to fire, then the ego will fade its control in the process.

No need to fight the ego ~ definitely no need also to cajole it. Just pay attention to the strings of habitual reactions which arise from intentions and thoughts. The peaceful usurpation of ego occur naturally when a habit of attentive awareness is set in place.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

The ego is like your physical body in that it serves a vital function but is not really "you". Both have their limits, and both have their strengths.

• Like 2

When you fight one thing, you increase the experience of duality.

When you support something you increase the experience of duality.

When you release, you experience release.

• Like 2

By my own ego. Fuck that guy.

How can someone truly go beyond the ego and remain a functional human being???

By understanding the other processes that link, modulate lift dissolve and support ego in the psyche; like the solar-lunar conjoined conciousness, Id, Superego, Personna, 'Gateway', and individual arrangements and their components and relationships(easiest analysed IMO via natal psychological astrology)

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Years ago I thought I'd stop showing off because it was an ego thing. Then years after that I realised I was trying to impress my ego by doing so. It's another one of those things like mountains are mountains, mountains are not mountains, and then mountains are mountains again. I'm back to the beginning where I could be perceived as showing off but I generally don't show off all that much. Example: Some people show off by talking about their impressive job and it makes them feel elevated. I am quite unimpressed by the fact that I'm an electronics engineer (although some people are impressed for whatever reason) and so when I tell people what I do it's neither here nor there. Actually, that's another point. If you aren't impressed by pointless things then that's less fuel for the fire.

• Like 1

The ego is like your physical body in that it serves a vital function but is not really "you". Both have their limits, and both have their strengths.

I have a different perspective to offer and view, if all is one then there cannot be anything separate from you including the ego, its all it not forsaking anything.

• Like 1

I have a different perspective to offer and view, if all is one then there cannot be anything separate from you including the ego, its all it not forsaking anything.

Its the same idea, really. The body is not the totality of "you", just as the ego is not the totality of "you" - they are components, or composite elements.

The totality is all, which is one - but to say the ego is the totality would be wishful thinking.

• Like 2

By my own ego. Fuck that guy.

How can someone truly go beyond the ego and remain a functional human being???

I do not think that it is possible to be egoless totally and remain in human body . Some at least very subtle drive needs to be there , even if that drive manifests as most noble urge . This is only my understanding based on my observations so far .

However instead of thinking in terms of an ego , more of a short cut is tracing thoughts and feelings -- where , when and in relation to what do they manifest . If traced all the way , they will dissapear by themselves . They will have nothing to support their life .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 3

Another relevant quote ?

"Life is offering you individuality, but it is also hammering your ego at every step of the way. It is not always easy to identify which is which. Awareness and experience should do the trick. With each little illusion that goes, you are one step closer to real."

"Ego is your personality, the truth is your individuality. You have to drop the personality. You have to stand utterly naked before existence. You have to melt down like ice into the ocean of this great divineness all around."

(from "Christianity: The Deadliest Poison and Zen: The Antidote to All Poisons", Chapter 1)

Edited by chegg
  • Like 1

Radical Surrender is not a practical encouragement, especially for Western minds.

Radical Surrender is not a practical encouragement, especially for Western minds.

You know that I will never surrender.

Sign in to follow this