eye_of_the_storm

Idiocracy

What has gone before us... The Assembly of Gods around Jupiter's Throne (Giulio Romano, 1532-1534)

1523557_769689406378022_667869586_o.jpg

Today...

1016336_744379308906552_595829855_n.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 2

Thanks for supplying my daily dose of "let's make up the most hypocritical person we can to try to prove some weird point, the worst case scenario of communism sucks, everything was better in the past" negativity.

:)

• Like 1

wroa, i understand your frustration about the state of architecture, art, poetry, and the humanities. i think we share in common an appreciation of beauty as an ideal that leads to a higher state of humanity and a greater quality of life. i also think that we see 2 very different causes of this decline. you see communism as the great threat and i see consumerism as the great threat. consider this, in that if we maintain our present rates of consumption then your

996117_542996542473877_2136905203_n.jpg

will seem like a very good deal 30 years from now. your campbell soup cans are signifying consumerism as the problem.

• Like 4

Thanks for supplying my daily dose of "let's make up the most hypocritical person we can to try to prove some weird point, the worst case scenario of communism sucks, everything was better in the past" negativity.

:)

I am glad to be of assistance :)

haha

wroa, i understand your frustration about the state of architecture, art, poetry, and the humanities. i think we share in common an appreciation of beauty as an ideal that leads to a higher state of humanity and a greater quality of life. i also think that we see 2 very different causes of this decline. you see communism as the great threat and i see consumerism as the great threat.

I agree :) //

It is quite the labyrinth... hmm, I see Communism as the final outcome type scenario... agenda // Capitalism/ Consumerism/ "Democracy" I don't see as all that different... only in name perhaps, as it is today... though turned more and more into a hunger games type reality... So you have the capitalists, capitalizing on the "workers of the world unite" / global communist sweat shop.

Naturally anything that inspires a "higher state of humanity" (honor, courage, heroism, virtue, sacrifice, divinity etc) is to be erased... we can't have humanity believing they are anything more than ants, that they are worth any more than we tell them they are worth etc... all equal, all one... to what end?

• Like 1

"though turned more and more into a hunger games type reality.."

"to what end?"

i have also considered that folks want great art and poetry, literature , and aesthetic architecture, etc but they dont understand the conditions required to get to that level of humanity. what brought about the Renaissance? at age 87, micelangelo said he was still learning every day. what caused goethe to write young werther in love? it was beautifully highly poetic, but he had to have his best friend commit suicide, lose the love of his life to a richer person, and be thrown in jail within about a 3-4 month time frame to be conditioned to produce the work. i wonder myself what is before us, but i reckon there will be some great works of art afterwards.

after the enlightenment there were the american and french revolutions then came the romantic age,,corporations are becoming the major buyers of art now, outbidding the museums and private collectors, hiding the art away in corporate offices,,to what end?

i think you already know, maybe we will hit a second baroque period? and then after that,,,,,,,

• Like 1

Post #1 is an example of as described by the soviets... a "Useful EEEeeediot" (Russian accent)

The person is made to believe what they are fighting for is for the good... lots of happy, feel good buzz words/ sound bites... play on emotions... little reasoning, as demonstrated... many contradictions. These "anti establishment" types are doing exactly what the system wants them to do + think.

For example "FREE TRADE" , such a person would think this is wonderful... free trade, sounds good yeh? must be good :) haha

An economy based on free trade defines that the world will continue to face infinite growth on a finite planet, where we continuously consume more and disregard all environmental, social and economical issues that may be affected by this infinite growth. Consumers are caught in the mechanics of a machine powered by perpetual spending, driven by money, and executed by greed. When we develop an innovative product in the Western World and look to compete in the global market, we are faced with higher taxes, higher wages, and lower profits. Start-up businesses face the biggest challenge of all hence the boom in employing cheaper offshore workers as the wages for local, western employees are unaffordable. As we disenfranchise from our natural human needs and adopt more of a consumer’s wants and “must haves” mind-set, we forget that we are all connected on the same planet and in some way or another, every choice we make effects everything – a chain reaction takes place. The word quickly spreads about cheap, offshore labour and how much money you can save and the additional benefit of how much more you can make. However, just like politics, somebody has to lose.

In my eight years in business, I have utilised many offshore workers ranging from developers, security architects and textile manufactures, all over Asia. Even as a consultant, I used to advise many of my clients who were concerned about the extraordinarily high-costs of building a technology on home soil, that offshore workers were more efficient and much cheaper. I used to condone this practice heavily because I believed that if you were a growing business, then you needed all the help you could get. I understood how tough it was to grow a venture in the Western World using Western methods. But the world is changing dramatically and we are faced with exponential growth everywhere we look. From the huge demand in agriculture to the advancements in modern technology, we can have it all at the click of a button, and low-cost convenience is at the forefront of consumerism. How much is it and how fast can I get one? The biggest unforseen problems when employing an offshore worker is what happens to local industries and national economies, not to mention the detrimental effects of depending on foreign nations to supply us with a majority of our everyday goods and services. Capitalism helped us grow and no restrictions were imposed on this growth, resulting in the world being monopolised by a handful of powerful conglomerates, literally owning the entire global market.

http://www.mantalkmagazine.com.au/selling-australia-the-offshore-debacle/

hmm, I see Communism as the final outcome type scenario...

I dont ... I think it is a step in the loop. Look what has become and is becoming of Communist countries (Sth Korea is the exception - due to their self-imposed isolation IMO ) . Even in a 'softer' 'idealism of communal lifestyle , observe the movement in Kibbutz . I also see it in my day to day life; I have lived on two communes in Australia and know, have friends in and visited more ... IMO its all gone and changed into something else ... even 'shared community' concept is just about gone.

I am talking in terms of modern western world culture. It all 'evolves' to a capitalist state ... or back to a capitalist state. What else can one expect when the essential ingredient to lift culture up (as evidenced in western and middle eastern cultures) - Hermetic sciences is so poo-pooed and replaced with such strange materialistic notions of 'economic rationalism :P .

Unfortunately, the only way I see out of it is a VAST reduction in numbers of the human population

Another soviet term regarding conquest of a nation using subversion (regarding art, music, architecture etc discussed above) is "Demoralization"

Former KGB Agent Yuri Bezmenov goes into this in more detail... good interview I think.

Regarding great architecture ... here is an interesting classification

Firstly, great architecture was based on religion 'spiritual principles'

entrance-to-karnak-temple.jpg

Blue-Mosque-Istanbul-3.jpg

Then it was about 'Princely power and Empire

winter_palace_of_russian_tsars.jpg

st-basils-1.jpg

Then, next it becomes about

New_York_Midtown_Skyline_at_night_-_Jan_

• Like 1

wroa, i understand your frustration about the state of architecture, art, poetry, and the humanities. i think we share in common an appreciation of beauty as an ideal that leads to a higher state of humanity and a greater quality of life. i also think that we see 2 very different causes of this decline. you see communism as the great threat and i see consumerism as the great threat. consider this, in that if we maintain our present rates of consumption then your

996117_542996542473877_2136905203_n.jpg

will seem like a very good deal 30 years from now. your campbell soup cans are signifying consumerism as the problem.

And then there's me who lived under both communism and consumerism and noticed there's not much difference -- both are forms of corporatism, the only difference being that

when they give you communism, the government owns the corporations, whereas when they give you consumerism, the corporations own the government.

Considering there's also a fully functional revolving door for government and corporate overlords to go there and back, incarnating now as CEOs, now as senators, now as General Secretary of the Communist party, now as president of the USA, now as owner of a military contracts cartel, now as the head of the FDA, now as the manufacturer of pharmaceutical drugs...

...both are corporate governed idiocracies, where corporations get to be the boss and populations get to be the idiots.

• Like 7

For me great architecture is as... Vitruvius’ Latin text, are given firmitas, utilitas, and venustas (i.e., structural stability, appropriate spatial accommodation, and attractive appearance).

I prefer delight over "attractive appearance"

A house could qualify I think...

architecture-beautiful-bridge-casa-cotta

Re spiritual principles from what I am aware the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans used the Golden Ratio... also a good number of monolithic structures with astrological alignments hmm.

Using nature as a guide to beauty/ delight/ harmony.

//

The city is always nicer from a distance, at night... when light play is the primary element and the remaining falls into darkness.

forest-light.jpg

• Like 4

For me great architecture is as... Vitruvius’ Latin text, are given firmitas, utilitas, and venustas (i.e., structural stability, appropriate spatial accommodation, and attractive appearance).

I prefer delight over "attractive appearance"

A house could qualify I think...

Agreed. I heard a definition from an architect: A good architect is one that builds good and beautiful buildings that help individual people and society be happy, healthy and develop. An architect that designs and builds a housing complex, that increases problems and has to be torn down later die to societal issues, and ends up with a lot of money, fame and his own giant house is a bad architect.

Re spiritual principles from what I am aware the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans used the Golden Ratio... also a good number of monolithic structures with astrological alignments hmm.

Using nature as a guide to beauty/ delight/ harmony.

Well, that is the source of beauty isn't it ? "For in beauty is eternal truth revealed."

Living Treebridge in India;

37851017.jpg

The city is always nicer from a distance, at night... when light play is the primary element and the remaining falls into darkness.

Yes ... and I look better like that too hence the 'romantic' candle-light dinners and moonlight :D

forest-light.jpg

A hhhhhh .... :)

• Like 2