Sign in to follow this  
skydog

What is the benefit of fire to the body..

I seem to have an affinity with fire.

and in spontaneous movement sessions sometimes i hit myself in certain places like hard qi gong..

recently feel like putting a lighter to various parts of my body..intuitively for small intensity

kinda reminds me of this..

i always like to google the meaning of symbolisms and animals etc..

Does anyone else have experience in this? and care to share

Edited by skydog

And anthropologically it represents initiation: many people 'cook' themselves and a recently born child.

'Why do we cook Children?" Some anthropologist wrote a paper on it (cant remember his name)

Aust. Aboriginals put the baby in hot sand, some tribes wave them over an open fire and dip them in flames or smoke them

also see the mythology of 'Bromius' - born of fire :

"To her as unto TheeBe reverence, be deity, be immortality!Shame! treachery of the spouseOf the Olympian house,Hera! thy grim device against the sweet carouse!Lo!~ in red roar and flameDid Zeus descend! What claimTo feel the immortal fire had then the Theban dame!Caught in that fiery wave,Her love and life she gaveWith one last kissing cry the unborn child to save.And thou, O Zeus, the sireOf Bromius--hunter dire!--Didst snatch the unborn babe from that Olympian fire:In thine own thigh most holyThat offspring melancholyDidst hide, didst feed, on light, ambrosia, and moly ..." {The Rite of Jupiter}

There are also sweat lodges, Turkish Baths saunas and the Japanese custom of hot baths (this is not for cleanliness as the bather is washed and rinsed first)

I believe the analogy is to do with food; smoking, heating and drying is a way to preserve food. With humans we are born as a 'natural creature' the first series of initiations is about making' natural people' into 'cultural people'. Stopping them from turning or going rotten like natural unpreserved food does.

Perhaps you are having a deep or even collective unconscious association .

Maybe seek out initiation ?

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Why not incorporating fire rituals in your daily cultivation?

Remember that fire needs form to develop in a healthy way: Martial Arts, dancing, drumming etc.

• Like 2

And anthropologically it represents initiation: many people 'cook' themselves and a recently born child.

'Why do we cook Children?" Some anthropologist wrote a paper on it (cant remember his name)

Aust. Aboriginals put the baby in hot sand, some tribes wave them over an open fire and dip them in flames or smoke them

also see the mythology of 'Bromius' - born of fire :

"To her as unto TheeBe reverence, be deity, be immortality!Shame! treachery of the spouseOf the Olympian house,Hera! thy grim device against the sweet carouse!Lo!~ in red roar and flameDid Zeus descend! What claimTo feel the immortal fire had then the Theban dame!Caught in that fiery wave,Her love and life she gaveWith one last kissing cry the unborn child to save.And thou, O Zeus, the sireOf Bromius--hunter dire!--Didst snatch the unborn babe from that Olympian fire:In thine own thigh most holyThat offspring melancholyDidst hide, didst feed, on light, ambrosia, and moly ..." {The Rite of Jupiter}

There are also sweat lodges, Turkish Baths saunas and the Japanese custom of hot baths (this is not for cleanliness as the bather is washed and rinsed first)

I believe the analogy is to do with food; smoking, heating and drying is a way to preserve food. With humans we are born as a 'natural creature' the first series of initiations is about making' natural people' into 'cultural people'. Stopping them from turning or going rotten like natural unpreserved food does.

Perhaps you are having a deep or even collective unconscious association .

Maybe seek out initiation ?

Might be the analogy of what we do to food, yes. There are cultures who eat flesh raw, drink fresh hot blood. It might be that all we do to foods, especially the cooking process is what was actually intended to do with our bodies first. From an alchemical point of view. We somehow misunderstood it, now we cook food and eat it - rather than cooking ourselves. This 'cooking' is a typical process in the beginnings of inner alchemy.

Edited by 4bsolute

Wu Xing

I got some stuff on my PPF if interested

:)

yes please send the info cheers

Might be the analogy of what we do to food, yes. There are cultures who eat flesh raw, drink fresh hot blood. It might be that all we do to foods, especially the cooking process is what was actually intended to do with our bodies first. From an alchemical point of view. We somehow misunderstood it, now we cook food and eat it - rather than cooking ourselves. This 'cooking' is a typical process in the beginnings of inner alchemy.

True but alchemical fire - internal and external - (as opposed to 'chemical fire' ) is a gentle gradual application of fire (fire without the AL : 'God' ... or even the 'secret key' to the Book of the Law ... if one chooses that analogy ).

Drinking raw blood from a fresh kill (e.g. here ; kangaroo) is a different process and virtually the opposite, one is seeking the natural energy (for hunting, shamanistic, or totemic purposes) as opposed to cultural energy. [ Of course, after the stage of agriculture in society, most food is 'cultured'; so raw, uncooked food can be considered cultural ... an exception may be in such things as sashimi and any supplementary, hunted or gathered foods. Things like broccoli are not a 'natural' food, they are an agri - cultural food. ]

Sign in to follow this