Sign in to follow this  
Guest ANONYMOUS MOFO

WHASSUP WITH DA WIKKI???

Guest ANONYMOUS MOFO

LOOK THIS ALL FORUM BE SUPPERGREAT BUT ALSO WE LIKE DA WIKKI EVEN THOUGH THEM MOFOS DONT USE TOO MUCH, BUT ME N PIETRO STILL LIKE IT, CAN YA KEEP DA WIKKI N LINK IT PERRHAPS TO DA MENU?

ALSO I PROPPOOSE TO MAKE PIETRO DA WIKKI ADMINISTRATOR SO HE CAN UNLEASH HIS EJACULATORY URGES IN DA WIKKI.

ALSO, IS THERE A MUDDULE THAT SHOWS ALL DA BLOGS ON DA FRONT PAGE?

BYE NOW,

DA ANONYMOUS *NOTTORIUS*

LOOK THIS ALL FORUM BE SUPPERGREAT BUT ALSO WE LIKE DA WIKKI EVEN THOUGH THEM MOFOS DONT USE TOO MUCH, BUT ME N PIETRO STILL LIKE IT, CAN YA KEEP DA WIKKI N LINK IT PERRHAPS TO DA MENU?

ALSO I PROPPOOSE TO MAKE PIETRO DA WIKKI ADMINISTRATOR SO HE CAN UNLEASH HIS EJACULATORY URGES IN DA WIKKI.

I dunno about the Wiki yet. It literally was just mostly Pietro using it, it got very little traffic, was completely insecure from having all content deleted at any moment, it got hacked constantly with spam by pharm companies, etc., it is extremely unwieldy to template or modify and damn near impossible to integrate into the other 99% of the site.

I think the Contributed Articles and News sections fill the role of the wiki better. The idea of the wiki was to take ideas that keep popping up, summarize them intelligently, and create coherent articles about the information. That is exactly what can be done with the Contributed Articles section. And in your contributed article you can link directly to all of the relevant threads, people can reply and build upon the information in your article, you can go back and edit your article anytime, and no one can just randomly delete your article like on the Wiki.

Unless a really good case against these points is brought I doubt the Wiki will live much longer. At least not that software. Maybe if you can find something that integrates with Invision Board somehow but I still don't see the point.

I'm willing to send the Wiki files and database to anyone else that wants to host it though.

ALSO, IS THERE A MUDDULE THAT SHOWS ALL DA BLOGS ON DA FRONT PAGE?

I was wondering the same thing. The Blogs are sort of disconnected now and you can't immediatly see if someone has made a new entry. I'll look into this.

Sean.

Guest DA *NOTTORIOUS* ANONYMOFO
I dunno about the Wiki yet. It literally was just mostly Pietro using it, it got very little traffic, was completely insecure from having all content deleted at any moment, it got hacked constantly with spam by pharm companies, etc., it is extremely unwieldy to template or modify and damn near impossible to integrate into the other 99% of the site.

I think the Contributed Articles and News sections fill the role of the wiki better. The idea of the wiki was to take ideas that keep popping up, summarize them intelligently, and create coherent articles about the information. That is exactly what can be done with the Contributed Articles section. And in your contributed article you can link directly to all of the relevant threads, people can reply and build upon the information in your article, you can go back and edit your article anytime, and no one can just randomly delete your article like on the Wiki.

Unless a really good case against these points is brought I doubt the Wiki will live much longer. At least not that software. Maybe if you can find something that integrates with Invision Board somehow but I still don't see the point.

I'm willing to send the Wiki files and database to anyone else that wants to host it though.

I was wondering the same thing. The Blogs are sort of disconnected now and you can't immediatly see if someone has made a new entry. I'll look into this.

Sean.

2126[/snapback]

OK LEMME PUT UP A CASE TO SAVE POOR LIL WIKKI GIRL.

1) DA WIKKI IS ALREADY THERE. YA DONT HAVE TO DO SHIT, NO EXTRA WORK FOR YA (EXCEPT PERRHAPS WRITE A LINK TO DA WIKKI ON DA FRONT PAGE O DA FORRUM.

2) EVEN IF ONLY PIETRO USES IT TO COLLECT DA BEST POSTS INTO A WHOLE, IT IT STILL WORTHY. DA PREVIOUS WIKKI, DA ONE THAT GOT ERASED BY THAT SEED WIKKI COCK-SUCKER, HAD GROWN NICE N BIG N WE HAD WRITTEN A FEW REAL COOL PAGES FULL O HISTORRICAL LINKS TO DA GOOD OLE DAYS O DA DRAGONMASTER MADNESS N SHIT.

3) TRAFFIC BE NOT DA MAIN ISSUEE HERE, LOOK CULTIVVATION WILL ALWAYS BE FOR DA *FEW* JUST BECAUSE DA MAJORITY O PEOPLE BE TOO NUMBED DOWN BY TV, CHEMTRAILS, WORK, DUBYA, N DID I SAY TV?

4) DA FACT THAT ANYONE CAN ERASE DA LAST VERSION O A PAGE DONT MAKE DA WIKKI INSECURE. DA SOLUTION IS, OJE CAN SPLIT DA WIKKI INTO A MEMBERS ONLY SECTION FOR DA QUALLITY STUFF, N AN ANNONYMOUS SECTON AS A SCRATCHPAD.

5) YA DONT HAVE TO INTEGGRATE DA WIKKI, ALL WE NEED BE A LINK TO IT ON DA FORUM MENU.

6) WHY DO I HAVE TO PUT UP A CASE TO SAVE DA WIKKI? SHOULDNT IT JUST BE ENUFF TO KNOW THAT *ONE* TAOBUM LIKES IT?

BUT THEN WAIT, WHY DO WE NEED MODDERATORS IN A TAO BUM FORUM? DIDNT WE LEAVE DA HT FORRUM BECAUSE IT GOT TOO MODERRATED?

JUST MY 2 EUROS TO PONDER ABOUT.

DA *ANONYMOUS NOTTORIOUS*

1) DA WIKKI IS ALREADY THERE. YA DONT HAVE TO DO SHIT, NO EXTRA WORK FOR YA (EXCEPT PERRHAPS WRITE A LINK TO DA WIKKI ON DA FRONT PAGE O DA FORRUM.

Good point.

2) EVEN IF ONLY PIETRO USES IT TO COLLECT DA BEST POSTS INTO A WHOLE, IT IT STILL WORTHY. DA PREVIOUS WIKKI, DA ONE THAT GOT ERASED BY THAT SEED WIKKI COCK-SUCKER, HAD GROWN NICE N BIG N WE HAD WRITTEN A FEW REAL COOL PAGES FULL O HISTORRICAL LINKS TO DA GOOD OLE DAYS O DA DRAGONMASTER MADNESS N SHIT.

Pietro can host the Wiki just as easily on his site. What's the problem with that? I will happily put a link to the Wiki in the Links section.

3) TRAFFIC BE NOT DA MAIN ISSUEE HERE, LOOK CULTIVVATION WILL ALWAYS BE FOR DA *FEW* JUST BECAUSE DA MAJORITY O PEOPLE BE TOO NUMBED DOWN BY TV, CHEMTRAILS, WORK, DUBYA, N DID I SAY TV?

I meant traffic in the sense that not even Tao Bums visited the Wiki.

4) DA FACT THAT ANYONE CAN ERASE DA LAST VERSION O A PAGE DONT MAKE DA WIKKI INSECURE. DA SOLUTION IS, OJE CAN SPLIT DA WIKKI INTO A MEMBERS ONLY SECTION FOR DA QUALLITY STUFF, N AN ANNONYMOUS SECTON AS A SCRATCHPAD.

What's the point? Why not just post an Article? What advantage does the Wiki have over the forum? Sorry, I just don't get it.

5) YA DONT HAVE TO INTEGGRATE DA WIKKI, ALL WE NEED BE A LINK TO IT ON DA FORUM MENU.

For all the reasons I listed above, the Wiki just seems like a piece of drift wood that is completely disconnected from this site. Every single link on that top menu quickly brings you to a section of TaoBums that is integrated and has a consistent look and feel. If I put a Wiki link up there, it loads this slow-ass software that looks and behaves completely differently, is based on an open-shared-space concept that just doesn't apply to a public system like TaoBums IMO, and is impossible to template.

6) WHY DO I HAVE TO PUT UP A CASE TO SAVE DA WIKKI? SHOULDNT IT JUST BE ENUFF TO KNOW THAT *ONE* TAOBUM LIKES IT?

Not really. That is Pietro-speak. TaoBums isn't Pietro's socio-political experiment. It's also not really a democracy. It's just a forum I started to meet a need I saw. I want to make everyone happy. I do. But I am not the slave of every member here's whim. Sorry.

I put the Wiki up because Pietro and you asked. No one used it very much, including you two. And look at it now! It's friggin' empty! Why is it empty? What's the point of the damn thing?

BUT THEN WAIT, WHY DO WE NEED MODDERATORS IN A TAO BUM FORUM? DIDNT WE LEAVE DA HT FORRUM BECAUSE IT GOT TOO MODERRATED?

In my experience HT was and remains one of the least moderated forums I've ever been a member of. Also, for the record, I didn't leave HT. I just created a new forum because HT crashed and it seems to meet a need so I went with it. HT and TaoBums are not exclusive. I still post on HT and so do many members here. I have no hard feelings about HT, Michael Winn, or James. I even link to HTUSA in the links section.

Regarding TaoBums moderators. Their role is very laid back. Basically approve News and Articles, delete spam and posts with illegal content (see FAQ), and move posts to the proper forum. That's about it.

As long as a post contains no illegal content it will probably stay on TaoBums, it's just a matter of where; in other words, Taoist Discussion, Off-Topic, or Tech Support. If someone posts some crazy irrelevant shit on Taoist Discussion, it's likely to get moved to Off-Topic. That's about the extent of moderation you will see here.

JUST MY 2 EUROS TO PONDER ABOUT.

Thanks! :D

Sean.

Sign in to follow this