BaguaKicksAss

Hey honey, lets print a new house....

This picture (I'm pretty sure) is a model. If they had a working house making printer you think they'd have a picture of it. I wonder to what extend its 'real', useable and making actual houses. I've been reading about 'printing' organs, but again, I'm not sure its ready for prime time or just for show.

I hope its coming. A friend of mine just bought a cheap 3D printer, just $550(!?), but its come in pieces and we'll see if he can put it together. My kids high school has an expensive one, but its still painfully slow, so each kid in the class can use it once in the entire semester.

Still I remember my grammar schools first computer. A terminal w/ a printer. In high school it was a terminal with keyboard and it took punch cards, hundreds to make even rudimentary programs. Times and tech change, often with breath taking speed.

What is the medium ... plastic? Concrete?

I like my wood, glass and stone surrounds thanks ... besides, building is FUN!

• Like 2

my dentist prints caps for teeth right in his office - takes about an hour or so - don't have to wait to send it to a lab

oh now that is cool. Just looked into it, dentists are doing it here, too. They also use lasers instead of drills, so no more trauma for the kiddies, whew!

We get prototypes from suppliers made with 3D printers all the time. Still much too expensive and slow for serial parts, though. But they day is coming, we all know it. The 3D printing industry is going to be a very major player in all our futures. They've now printed a fully-functioning ear, made with cells (see link I posted above).

And if and when they start doing it with Graphene, holy cow, the possibilities are HUGE, mind-boggling, really.

• Like 1

IMO, 3d printing is the new Segway.

segway008.jpg

Those look fun.... if they can go 30 mph at least that is ;). Has to at least be faster than my bicycle.

Maybe if it was solar powered and could pull a cart around my garden and paddocks .

It can only pull a solar powered 3d printer that prints solar panels.

• Like 1