Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Write Along; The Story Above You!

Hello, everyone and welcome to this Story that You and I will create together as we go along! You will write with me, along with this story. You write what you will! But this story begins with a wolf...

The wolf was walking on a misty day, on Grass besides the tall trees. Walking, ahead of him a path was brought to sight. A manmade path, of stone, small bits of broken stones. Of sand and seashells. The wolf approached this curious sight with cautioun. But allas... He got arrowed down and left the earth through the scent of the grass he lay upon. How cruel these men were! They carried the wolf to their camp, filled with criminals. About to plan a major attack on innocent citizens. They were a people filled with anger.

Allong came an old man. The people of the camp laughed at him and yelled "Old man, are you lost?!" They mocked him as the Old Man approached the people of this camp. "Yes, I am lost, lad. Can you point me the way?"

One of the people of the camp replied: "If you're a lost person, we cannot show you the way, but we can show you a limitless vessel!"

"And what might that be?" Asked the old man.

"There is a city up ahead, we are going to raid it and rob it of its supplies"

"Why are you so angry?" Asked the old man.

"I don't know, old man. My anger comes before nature."

"I enjoy the nature, young fellow. Will you let me live if I walk away now?" The old man replied.

"Sure, go ahead. We could have used your old age to trick them into opening the gate though... Too bad you are not of any use to us."

"I'm sorry that it is so, lad. I shall now continue allong my journey. Goodbye!"

And the old man was shot behind his back. One of the criminals carried his dead body to the city's gate and yelled "We have an injured old man who needs be to looked at!" One of the guards commanded for the gate to be opened emmediatly. Behind the large rocks of the mountain appeared the men of anger and they charged the city with all of their fury.

But... This was not any kind of city! This city had a trick up its sleeve.

Your turn

Hello, everyone and welcome to this Story that You and I will create together as we go along! You will write with me, along with this story. You write what you will! But this story begins with a wolf...

The wolf was walking on a misty day, on Grass besides the tall trees. Walking, ahead of him a path was brought to sight. A manmade path, of stone, small bits of broken stones. Of sand and seashells. The wolf approached this curious sight with cautioun. But allas... He got arrowed down and left the earth through the scent of the grass he lay upon. How cruel these men were! They carried the wolf to their camp, filled with criminals. About to plan a major attack on innocent citizens. They were a people filled with anger.

Allong came an old man. The people of the camp laughed at him and yelled "Old man, are you lost?!" They mocked him as the Old Man approached the people of this camp. "Yes, I am lost, lad. Can you point me the way?"

One of the people of the camp replied: "If you're a lost person, we cannot show you the way, but we can show you a limitless vessel!"

"And what might that be?" Asked the old man.

"There is a city up ahead, we are going to raid it and rob it of its supplies"

"Why are you so angry?" Asked the old man.

"I don't know, old man. My anger comes before nature."

"I enjoy the nature, young fellow. Will you let me live if I walk away now?" The old man replied.

"Sure, go ahead. We could have used your old age to trick them into opening the gate though... Too bad you are not of any use to us."

"I'm sorry that it is so, lad. I shall now continue allong my journey. Goodbye!"

And the old man was shot behind his back. One of the criminals carried his dead body to the city's gate and yelled "We have an injured old man who needs be to looked at!" One of the guards commanded for the gate to be opened emmediatly. Behind the large rocks of the mountain appeared the men of anger and they charged the city with all of their fury.

But... This was not any kind of city! This city had a trick up its sleeve.

Your turn

The courtyard they charged into was empty, save for a single person. An older woman, in simple dress with regal bearing held up her hand and faced them. The leader charged up "We will take everything" he told her emphasizing his words by putting his spear tip close to her throat.

"That is the purpose of our city" she with a calm that took him by surprise. She brushed the spear away and walked towards the other mounted rogues. The group was scared but not of her. They gazed at the walls of courtyard expecting a launch of arrows or sudden attack. Meantime the woman walked to the blanket that held the old mans corpse.

"Thank you for returning our brother to us" she told them and stretched out her hand out to the body. To the brigands shock the old mans head shook and he took her hand and got up, a corpse no more. Together they walked across the courtyard to a large double door. None of the gang dared follow.

One of the brigands, the youngest one, noticed the gate was still open a smidgeon, there was enough room for him to sneak through. As he dismounted and headed moved quietly toward the gate the old man and woman made it the double doors on the other side and turned to face the gang.

The old man let out a whistle and a large wolf came through the gateway into the courtyard, the young brigand falling backwards in surprise. The wolf ran through the group, joined the old man and woman. The old man turned and entered the doorway with the wolf. The woman waited a second or two as if expecting the leader or someone to say something. They did not. She followed the man and wolf in, and the doors closed with a loud slam.

<next person to carry on story... >

Edited by thelerner

The criminals decided to leave the city, out of fear for it being bewitched or cursed. They took what they could and left as fast as possible. The camp was terrifyingly empty. The mists haunted their senses. They took the stuff and left their camp, to go settle down South. Away from it all. Down there, the farmers never heard of a city, not had they had any visitors. They decided to do a honest man's work in exchange for their presence. They turned into good men! And die for this peaceful life they would. Die for it! If only they would never have to see a reincarnation in their lifetime EVER AGAIN!

Everyone fitted in nicely. Some picked up the musical instruments, others picked up the women and proclaimed to plant them instead of the vegtables. However, one of the ex-criminals stood out most of all. He was never to be found anywhere, except on dinner time. Always asleep at day, awake at night. As if standing watch, he contemplated the skies. He never got enough of its view and its many stars.

On one specific night, this man decided to leave home and never return. He walked up high on the mountains on the warm summer night and lay there. Would never move again, neither return to their settlement. Not untill he got an answer. The answer to the question he would keep asking till his last breath untill, somehow, someway, he would receive the answer.

So he asked: "In all the stars I see greatness beyond my understanding. In all the life on earth I see miracles beyond my understanding. But you, who have created all of this, surely must know me and hear me. Then hear what I have to say. In eternity we are, and have been and shall allways be. When I have experienced pain and suffering, you have tainted all of eternity with that foul presence. I ask my self, would I agree to eternally exist in an existance where such a deviation from comfort is possible? No, I would never. For ones you do, there is no turning back. What is your plan, now that eternity is lost to the presence of my suffering? The dream of eternal goodness of every angelic entity is spoiled by the very presence of my displeasure. What would you have me do, besides lay here and slowly vanish from your sight?"

And he lay there, waiting for an answer. But it did not come. The sun burned his skin, the air dried his nose. The life picked on his comfort, but his breath did not stop. Tormented by nightmares, he lay there, waiting for answer. But silence is all he received.

• Like 1

I saw it all from the window of my carriage as I was passing by. The road winding through the ancient forest of enormous oak trees was all covered in acorns, but I couldn't hear them crunch under my wheels because I had my band-in-a-box device turned up to full blast, playing the overture to Rossini's Wilhelm Tell. I had all my windows rolled down, so I was only half surprised when a giant wolf suddenly sprang our from behind one of the elephantine tree trunks and jumped right in, onto the front passenger seat. His front paws slid awkwardly across the dashboard -- I was grateful that the music drowned out the screeching scratching sound the two-inch-long claws must have made, a sound I hate regardless of its source ever since the chalk on the glass blackboard in the fifth grade and the occasional ill-mannered dining companions who wouldn't think twice before viciously stabbing their plates with their forks in pursuit of morsels.

The wolf hit his head on the inside of the windshield, his jaws slammed shut with a clang that I also was grateful for being unable to hear, and finally settled on the seat like an ordinary suburban dog. Then he slowly turned his head to the left and regarded me with his pale yellow, magnificently clear and bright, and potentially blood-thirsty eyes.

I turned the music down.

"Hungry?" I asked the wolf sympathetically.

"Grrrm," was the response.

"English, please."

"Awoooo..."

"You mean you would... you mean you would eat something right about now if I was kind enough to offer it. Well I am. Believe it or not, I have raw shish kabob in the trunk. Lots of it. I'm headed to a picnic. I'm meeting some friends at the Copper Lake -- you know these parts, right? Copper Lake? Where all members of my... er... group always gather every... nevermind, you don't need to know the details. Suffice it to say that the shish kabob is grass fed lamb from New Zealand and I marinated it myself in a mix of... nevermind again. Would you like some, my friend? Or would you rather just tag along and wait till it's roasted, well done, medium rare, rare or as rare as it gets? Your choice. You are invited."

"Wowowow. Wow."

Edited by Taomeow

The sound of the music in the box broke the silence like the very gate of hell opening it's invitation towards this humble young and naive fellow. The elegance with which he was responded to by god's carriage was reason enough for him to stand up and contemplate the sounds he just heared. How come no word was found in these messages and how does God reveal such magnificence and greatness through such a simplistic measure? He could not have dreamed of ever understanding it. By then, his infatuation with the stars seemed the be fading by the day, as being replaced by a fascination of it's rythmic glinsterings, like the glitters of raindrops reflecting the moonlight from his chosen path. Was there a pattern to be found in all of existance? A pattern like that of the beating of my heart, perhaps. Perhaps he was just a mere fool, contemplating the extensiveness and purpose of God His greatness like a baboon contemplates a man made Vessel drifting across the ocean with his finger in his nose.

Suddenly, in mid-contemplation of all these endless, inter-locking patterns, trying to picture existence with a hazy image of God somewhere part of it, (?), presiding above it all (?), lovingly caring for us (?),.... or as completely disinterested in our human problems as we are of a piglet's anxiety as it is forced up that last gangway into the Chicago Bacon Factory (?),.... suddenly, with a whoosh of clarity and an all-pervading, sweet smell of fragrant flowers,.... he saw with startling clarity, a fully-fledged poem appear in glowing letters in front of his mind's eye.

Johann desperately search his pockets for a pen so that he could scrawl this unexpected vision down before it disappeared back to from wherever it had come. Fortunately, in the last pocket of his jacket, the stub end of a pencil met his searching fingertips. Then opening his wallet, he quickly found one of those inevitable Money Back grocery coupons. Quickly, (but somewhat awkwardly), dismounting from Eclipse he held the flimsy piece of paper against the flattest part of his still warm saddle and hastily copied down the glowing words as they scrolled on down through the slide screen of his mind.

After a few minutes,... all the words slowly faded back into the normal run of his mind's endlessly created imagery. But thankfully, he now had an imprint of their passing written in clumsy pencil scrawl on the back of a Tesco's coupon. While his heartbeat slowly returned to normal Johann took the opportunity to wipe his brow with relief. He could hardly believe his luck. He was actually holding in his hand what he took to be a divine message from those same benevolent forces of the universe that he had so fervently and for so long, believed surrounded us all. Hardly daring to breathe he slowly and carefully read the poem which had so miraculously appeared in his own mind,... as if he was seeing it for the very first time. Perching himself on top a nearby rock this is what he found in those rapidly-fading minutes which were all that remained of the day :

You think something’s wrong
There must have been a mistake.

You think things should be different
By different you mean better
And you’re pretty sure
You know what better is.

You would eliminate
All the bad stuff.

War
Disease
Suffering
Famine
Pollution.

Those would be good for starters.

Who could argue with that ?

You would save cute animals
You would ban bombs
You would halt injustice
You would make everyone happy.

Why not ?
It could happen.

And if it does, Ram Tzu knows this…

God will be very grateful
For your help.

Edited by ThisLife

Johann was undeniably amused by this, and laughed. He pulled out his slingshot and fired it at the moon, claiming he would slap God when he gets to Him. Johann could swear he heared a voice in his head say "let me know how that works out for you."

Later that night, Johann could not fall in sleep. He was tired, yet unrestful. He took a walk, scouting the area. He saw a lake and contemplated the idea of drowning himself in the lake to fall asleep for good. How delicious would it be to never wake up anymore? For always asleep, in a deep undisturbed slumber of the ultimate most highest state of relaxation and effortlessness. All he had to do was swim down, and keep going down, release his breath and go down further..

The water was cold. He figured he could endure the pain of one more night and day as opposed to doing this and wondered what tomorrow could bring. More anxiety and danger, or a boring frustration of unrestful irritations? He could not really say. So he lay down thinking about things and contemplating some ideas, untill he fell asleep.

The birds woke Johann up, but the fresh air made him stand up for more. What a beautiful fresh and sunny day this was. How odd... Everything felt so right... So perfect... He looked around him, standing in the middle of a heavenly beach, surrounded by a desert with palms. The ocean blew a golden dust of miraculous wonders unto the shore, manifesting into a city of valuables. The people made sounds of sales, eager to share what they had and exchange their reasons for appreciation. Some kids ran around him, and one of them threw a soft leather ball at his shoulder. It fell to the ground and Johann picked it up, standing up again and looking at the ball, then looking at the kid who shouted eagerly at him to throw the ball back. Johann made the throw succesfully, and the kids continued playing along. He looked around him, thinking, "If only I could talk to someone, so that I can know where the hell I am! What is this place?!"

Edited by Everything

Sign in to follow this