soaring crane

Good online source for Chinese herbs / meds?

Hi,

I want to buy some plasters for my wife's heel spur, and can't find a local (meaning anywhere in all of Europe) source that sells them at reasonable prices, if at all.

But there's someone coming from the States in two weeks and he could bring a little package with him. So I could order online and have them mailed to him in Chicago. Amazon has what I want - 701 plasters - and the reviews seem pretty good, but I figured it would be silly not to ask here for suggestions :-)

Should add that I learned about the 701 plasters through Tom Bisio's Tiger Tooth book, and they sound perfect. But if anyone knows of a better product, or just a good alternative, I'm all ears...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

701 plaster is awesome!! I pay less than $5 per tin here in Chinatown ;). I've seen the prices on amazon and been tempted to start a website lol. I also very highly recommend Po sum on, which would likely work even better for a heel spur actually. It is usually $3.50 per tin (or $10 on amazon lol) http://www.amazon.com/Po-Sum-On-Medicated-Solstice/dp/B00176B82A There's also of course various dit da jow (sp?) that works well also. If the heel spur is fractured po sum on is best.

Amazon.com has all that stuff.

• Like 1

It would cost $25 for me to ship it to the US, might as well have me ship it to Germany... Which would prob be $30.

Though I have to admit, my getting to chinatown is sort of random as it is a 2 hour return trip by bus. I always have the best intentions, but do have to be honest about my follow through lol. I will be down there for sure on Feb 2nd for the new years parade though :).

You didn't like my amazon.co.uk idea? :> It might cost less actually...

PS amazon.de sucks for chinese stuff lol.

• Like 1

Brain fart - I forgot you're a Canuck, sorry.

.co.uk is really expensive, much more expensiver than .com, about 10 Euro vs 30 Euro for a tin, for example. And if I buy 3 tins, plus some other stuff, free shipping within the US ...

I think amazon.com is my only choice (unless someone else here has a suggestion, nudge, nudge, wink wink, say no more)

PS - po sum on (pour some on?) looks like a good tip, thank you, but the dealer at amazon is a shipping and handling ripper-offer, I hate that.

PPS - ok, I found the dealer I think you were linking to and they have free shipping - cool!

PPPS - no, they seem a little dodgy and might be shipping from Hong Kong...

Edited by soaring crane

Po sum on works better anyways :). Make it into a plaster if you like. Though you'd want a few bottles if you are going that route.

• Like 1