Sign in to follow this  
WrldTrdr

Greetings from an Novice Daoist

Hello,

I have been a long time lurker on these forums, thanks to this forum I found out about TaoTeChing and I have been a serious student of the Way, trying to align my life with it.

I have been trying to find a philosophy to guide my life since childhood. The pursuit of wealth and power never appealed to me as a goal in life, thus my search for the proper way to live has always been my main concern.

I started reading Sivananda's then Vivekanada's teachings (complete works) at 14, I am 26 now. I learned and applied concepts of Yoga, Vedanta, Buddhism, and even went into Magick after reading Aleister Crowly and practiced some Chaos Magick for a short while, but most of these pursuits felt too removed from my way of life & caused me a lot of pain especially on relationships front, mainly because of my negative interpretations of relationships & nihilistic view of most of the teachers of these philosophies.

On my first reading of TTC, I was shocked at its profound & simple words, since then my thinking has changed completely, I read TTC regularly, every now and then getting a new epiphany about life. Currently Zhuangzi is my companion.

I am searching for a practice to help me with my energy cultivation, recently my health & energy levels have dropped significantly. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading this, hope I will be able to contribute something useful to this great forum.

Hello and welcome.

You will find all manner of suggestions and advice regarding possible paths to follow on this forum. My suggestion would be to go slowly and carefully. There really is no rush.

Before getting started please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of to make a start with posting.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Sign in to follow this