SonOfTheGods

Nigerian Pastor Tries to Walk on Water Like Jesus, Then Drowns in Front of His Congregation

Walking on water is not easy. Not too many people have the ability. Let’s see, there’s Jesus, and well, that’s about it. Unfortunately for one pastor on the West Coast of Africa, his attempt to become the second man to make this impossible feat a reality cost him his life.

Pastor Franck Kabele, 35, told his congregation that he was capable of reenacting the very miracles of Jesus Christ. He decided to make it clear through way of demonstration on Gabon’s beach in the capital city of Libreville.
Referencing Matthew 14:22-33, Kabele said that he received a revelation which told him that with enough faith he could achieve what Jesus was able to.

According to an eyewitness, Kabele took his congregation out to the beach. He told them that he would cross the Kombo estuary by foot, which is normally a 20 minute boat ride.

Sadly by the second step into the water Kabele found himself completely submerged. He never returned.

This is not the first incident of this nature in Africa. At Ibadon zoo in south-west Nigeria, a self-proclaimed Prophet claimed to be able to do what the Daniel of the bible did by walking into a den full of lions.

Though he was warned numerous times by zoo keepers, according to NG Newspapers, the Prophet thought of them as nothing more than enemies of progress. The Prophet, with a crowd of people watching, put on a long red robe and proceeded to enter the cage full of lions.

Within seconds of opening the door, the lions ripped the Prophet from flesh to bone. The bible should come with a warning label, “Don’t try this at home.

http://www.reportghananews.com/nigerian-pastor-tries-to-walk-on-water-like-jesus-then-drowns-in-front-of-his-congregation/

Ghana-News440-653x400.jpg

I think this was the same guy who was suppose to deposit 1,000,000 dollars into my bank account according to the email he sent me.

You didn't receive yours???

Should have started with something smaller, like turning water to wine or feeding an entire flashmob with one fish.

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 4

You didn't receive yours???

it sunk

Should have started with something smaller, like turning water to wine or feeding an entire flashmob with one fish.

or hang out with satan for 40 days

This is not the first incident of this nature in Africa. At Ibadon zoo in south-west Nigeria, a self-proclaimed Prophet claimed to be able to do what the Daniel of the bible did by walking into a den full of lions.

Though he was warned numerous times by zoo keepers, according to NG Newspapers, the Prophet thought of them as nothing more than enemies of progress. The Prophet, with a crowd of people watching, put on a long red robe and proceeded to enter the cage full of lions.

Within seconds of opening the door, the lions ripped the Prophet from flesh to bone.

http://www.reportghananews.com/nigerian-pastor-tries-to-walk-on-water-like-jesus-then-drowns-in-front-of-his-congregation/

That would have made a good YouTube video.

almost as good as hanging out with satan for 40 days :lol:

• Like 1

Or a horrible YouTube video, depending on your perspective -- much like those beheading videos which were popular with a certain crowd a while back.

• Like 1

Or a horrible YouTube video, depending on your perspective -- much like those beheading videos which were popular with a certain crowd a while back.

Tough Love................Maybe eventually, people will reject all this nonsense then.

:excl: :excl: :excl: ! Worst of all, these same types are in the Military, Police, Doctors, Surgeons operating on people, Politicans making laws (no stem cells, etc)... the same people IN CHARGE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS AND OTHER LETHAL WORLD DESTROYING WEAPONS ! :excl: :excl: :excl:

• Like 1

So they guy couldn't swim? Trying to walk across water and couldn't swim ??? Now THAT is 'faith' . At least the guy with the red robes has the right colour on (those blood stains are hell to get out of a robe.

We had a Christian guy at work ( when I worked in a hospital) one of the nurses. He got a message to stop taking his insulin as he prayed to Jesus to heal him and he did. But only for a few days ... he ended up in the casualty ward ... just as well he was working there and didn't have far to go.

Now ... where is my old Superman cloak ... ah, here it is .... < climbs up onto roof >

[ Hey SoG ... check the mirror ... I think you forgot to comb your hair when you got of bed. ]

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Expecting magickal shit to work = recipe for failure x 2.

1) Expectations do not usually equal reality.

2) Magickal shit by definition is not usually how reality works.

• Like 1

So they guy couldn't swim?

I wondered about that myself. Maybe it was old fashioned pride that stopped him from swimming, so as not to look like a phony baloney to his followers? Or maybe there was something waiting for him just below the surface of the water?

post-1311-0-96547700-1389519790_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Or maybe there was something waiting for him just below the surface of the water?

Job 41:1-34 - Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord thou lettest down?

Isaiah 27:1 - In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that in the sea.

Psalms 104:26 - There go the ships that leviathan, thou hast made to play therein.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

Expecting magickal shit to work = recipe for failure x 2.

Not agreed .... see my thread on earth alchemy ;)

1) Expectations do not usually equal reality.

2) Magickal shit by definition is not usually how reality works.

1) agreed

2) agreed but , it can UNusually work

• Like 1

Not agreed .... see my thread on earth alchemy ;)

Can you provide that link so I can read it?

Thanks

• Like 1

I wondered about that myself. Maybe it was old fashioned pride that stopped him from swimming, so as not to look like a phony baloney to his followers? Or maybe there was something waiting for him just below the surface of the water?

Maybe plan B was to attempt to walk on the sea floor :ph34r:

Edited by dawei
  • Like 2

Shouldn't one do a trial run with something like that? You know just to make sure it works out well?

Btw, uhm, he couldn't swim????

• Like 2

Shouldn't one do a trial run with something like that? You know just to make sure it works out well?

Btw, uhm, he couldn't swim????

I can't fly...

Can you give me a guide on trial runs :unsure:

And the name of your health insurance :P

Edited by dawei
  • Like 2

really odd that 200+ parishioners couldn't swim and didn't save him.

either that or they figured, well if he can't walk on water.

of course... god could have saved him...

• Like 1

Shouldn't one do a trial run with something like that? quote]

Trial 'run' yeah! Haha

You know like start on the shore with really shallow water at first to see how that pans out, then work up from there? ;)

I can't fly...

Can you give me a guide on trial runs :unsure:

And the name of your health insurance :P

First start with parkour and see how that goes :).

• Like 1

really odd that 200+ parishioners couldn't swim and didn't save him.

either that or they figured, well if he can't walk on water.

of course... god could have saved him...

Yeah perhaps it was a case of "we have been following this asshat for years because of his great claims, well seems he was a fraud, not going to risk our lives to save him".

• Like 1