Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

How to differentiate between fear and intuition?

So to start with my intuition is, at the present moment, and to my present knowledge, not very developed. I have too many irons in the fire to address this right now. All my concentration, energy and focus is going into opening myself completely to the Source, to clear the channels to my artistry and creativity. So this is not a thread asking how to develop my intuition, although if you know of any good resources on the subject I wouldn't mind it if you shared them.

No, this is about a sort of drive or pull I get sometimes. Right now I have made a request to the Source to provide 3 specific books by 2:45 PM Saturday afternoon. I am practicing keeping a laser focus on that, the manifestation to me of these items.

The other day I felt I should go to Goodwill. That drive or pull again. So I went. No books. This was a previous attempt and it turns out I had the titles wrong for two of them :/

I am feeling this same sort of drive or pull to go to the Treasure House here in the town where I live. This time I have asked for the titles correctly.

I have come to the conclusion that if I am trying to manifest these books, chasing after them as it were, that I would be interfering with the Source. That I should just do what I normally do. I have wanted to go to Goodwill for a long time now. I don't have a car so I don't get out to shop much. Need a winter coat and they do have a lot of books there for cheap. Along the same lines I want to go to the Treasure House. It is also a thrift store. I still need a winter coat. Also thought I would look for a Singing Bowl.

The point being that I don't normally go to these places. They are places I like to go and would usually request trips to when my father is available to drive me, but otherwise I would not go. Lately my father has been busy working at the church. He drives a fancy Hyundai, so this is why I ask him to drive me, because the car would be hard to replace, it was my mom's parent's car. So it is rare for me to drive around in this $25,000+ vehicle which is their only one. But my dad has taken a trip to California, so the car is mine for a few days. I still need to be respectful, if my mom says I can't drive it to these places then I may decide to honor her. I know that force applied in any way towards the manifestation I am focused on is also interference.

So I have come to the conclusion that this is some inner, subconscious or habitual mind driven impulse, this drawing/pulling towards Treasure House and another little oddball store that might have things like Singing Bowls in the area. It is a fear-based response. It is the little me, my ego, the false self, trying in some way to make the thing happen I am focused on. The best response is to ignore it for now. I may go later after I get some more sleep and drop my mom off tonight. By refusing to listen to this drive/pull for now, by refusing to respond to it, I hope to get a clearer reading as to what it is. Right now all I have is guesswork.

My track record is that every time I feel this it proves to be useless if acted upon. An example... I walk past a board with information on it about local events on my way to the restroom. I make a mental note to stop and look at it. I leave the restroom, go past it, forget to look, get most of the way to the parking lot, feel suddenly that I must look at it, that I might have missed something (fear) so I turn back, even though at some level I know its useless (which, if this were intuition, would block me, I have to address this negativity.) I go back and, just as I suspected, there was no reason to do so. This is an example of how this sense operates. I don't think it has ever been right!

So my question is how to tell between the drive/pull of this useless sense, most likely based on fear, most likely a tool of the ego, and true intuition, that true gut feeling? For you NCIS fans, that famous Gibb's Gut? I know that intuition is the voice of the Source, AKA God, speaking to me. I know what intuition is, I know it is important to listen to it, but how do I separate that voice from this very similar drive/pull coming from fear? Heck, I am not even sure I have ever really heard the voice of intuition, so I don't even know what it sounds like! I would really appreciate some guidance here from those who hear and know the voice the intuition. What does it sound like and how can you tell it is intuition and not something else?

Thanks for your help!

- Mark

Hi DreamBliss,

I think you are talking about twoo distinct concepts here that must be differentiated: instincts and intuition.

Fear will be found in the basket of instincts. (We do "learn" other fears too though.)

Our intuition is our "gut feeling", yes.

Our instincts have not evolved as fast as the rest of the world has. Many of our instincts are useless.

But I will add that our intuition may well instill fear in us especially if we about to do something we shouldn't be attempting.

And there you are, likely no help at all but I did try.

• Like 2

Thank you.

So if it is intuition, there should be no emotion. Intuition is Spock, instinct is James Kirk.

To change channels, as it were, to where I am listening to my intuition and not a voice of fear, I simply need to stop listening to anything coming from inside that is driven by emotion.

Is that about right?

Thank you.

So if it is intuition, there should be no emotion. Intuition is Spock, instinct is James Kirk.

To change channels, as it were, to where I am listening to my intuition and not a voice of fear, I simply need to stop listening to anything coming from inside that is driven by emotion.

Is that about right?

I think there is going to be emotion involved in both cases. But you mentioning Spock is helpful. Logical reasoning. Both instinct and intuition must be tested against logical reasoning. Our instincts, I think, come from a primative part of our brain, our intuition comes from our subconscious mind. Both will activate our emotions.

I'll try to express myself better.

There is no instinctual cause for the fear of snakes (smaller one). Fear of snakes is learned. The information is in our subconscious mind. We see a snake and experience fear. This is because we assume that it is poisonous even though it may not be.

There is an instinctual fear of a tiger in the wild. Tigers are big, bad animals and could kill us with one swipe of its paw. When we see the tiger the only response at the moment is fear and flight. Later, if we got away, we can think about what a beautiful animal the tiger is.

But I must express the importance of logical reasoning. Not necessarily at the moment of experience but rather in retrospect. We should ask ourself why we responded the way we did. We should try to find the reason we experienced the emotions we experienced at the time.

Knowledge and awareness will eliminate most, if not all, of our fears. But what we consider our knowledge must be based in fact, not illusion and delusion. We need to know the difference between reality and fantasy.

Sign in to follow this