Sign in to follow this  
PimonratC

(Image Quote) Free from love and hate

I'm working on releasing my illusion of separation and duality by delving into awareness of breath.

It's remarkably effective at reducing the impact of emotional storms at the very least.

• Like 3

yeah Mh, we're on the same page here. Stick either into the original passage and it gets fixed.

no conditions FOR love reads like it is an impossibility due to unfavorable circumstances , right?

Edited by Stosh

yeah Mh, we're on the same page here. Stick either into the original passage and it gets fixed.

no conditions FOR love reads like it is an impossibility due to unfavorable circumstances , right?

I have no idea how to respond to this. Love just happens. And sadly, it might not be a two way street.

But then there are people we just cannot love for whatever the reason. Trying to love them brings only sorrow.

well then we are again same paged because Neither now do I have any idea where thats leading.:)

I thought we were commenting on the phrasing of the passage to have it properly correlate with the pastel depiction. But now it seems you read the meaning in some way to indicate that one should let go of the idea of loving those unlovable to you.

Maybe PC should define what he thinks it means , since the meaning may not be as self evident as a stand alone declaration of opinion should be. No?

Maybe explain the X'ed- out phallic symbol as well. Since it looks to read , left to right ,Without penis ,bouncing off a springboard ,into the sea .. if not explained otherwise.

Edited by Stosh

Yeah, I really don't have anything to add at the moment as I think I have stated my understanding as best I could. Perhaps if there is further input from others I will have something additional to say.

I have no idea how to respond to this. Love just happens. And sadly, it might not be a two way street.

But then there are people we just cannot love for whatever the reason. Trying to love them brings only sorrow.

This is my experience. There was no choice for me regarding who I love.

The action of it is more akin to gravity, once in proximity, the inertia of it begins the process and I'm along for the ride.

I guess that's why they call it falling in love.

There is a definite sense that one is not in control.

• Like 1

Though some people do fall in love with people of the wrong gender,appearance,financial status age and worldview..there tends to be patterns which repeat for a given type. So the choices arent random.The common idea that love is blind doesnt match closely with statistical investigation. Weird things like the distance between the eyes , and relative length between fingers are startlingly good predictors.. though the reasons for a persons appeal may not be readily obvious. After initial assessment there is a phase of conscious assessment whether one is going to take the relationship seriously. So while there is an element of chance, one still defines the parameters of thier mate both voluntarily and subconsciously.(unless one wears beer goggles all the time) But Heck! why should anyone spend as much brain power as I just did, on such a subject so unimportant. Its much more flattering to have been picked at random than to have been Chosen with eyes open wide...right?

Ah... Love and Hate... those two tormentors :P

No treatment of the topic should ignore the Roman poet, Catullus, and his poem # 85:

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?

nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

Landor writes one of the better poetic translations:

"I love and hate. Ah! Never ask why so!

I hate and Love... and that is all I know.

I see 'tis folly, but I feel 'tis woe."

Ah... to be free of such folly and woe...

I ask thee... please let me know ... :D

Ah... to be free of such folly and woe...

I ask thee... please let me know ... :D

I so wish I could offer a solution to this but I cannot.

I have found that the less personal interaction I have with people the less I have those two emotions.

Tormentors? folks really enjoy ! both love and hate. Powerful emotional opposite sides of a social coin, and often difficult to negotiate, yes though. But Im thinking more choose them, than choose numbness.

( I do like the divergent reference though)

Edited by Stosh

I have found that the less personal interaction I have with people the less I have those two emotions.

"the more I see of men the better I like dogs" -- origin is difficult to determine as so many have quoted it... but the earliest seems to be Seneca.

Edited by dawei

"the more I see of men the better I like dogs" -- origin is difficult to determine as so many have quoted it... but the earliest seems to be Seneca.

Yeah.

I don't have any dogs either.

But my fish are nice people.

Sign in to follow this