Sign in to follow this  
Unseen_Abilities

It really hurts when you...

Huh, I find that without reefer my work isn't quite what it should be. Granted, I use it for chronic pain relief not just to get baked.

Fully come to understand how much time you wasted on crap like drugs when you could have been actually doing Guitar properly for the last 10 years or so - It helps having EFT, but it really really hurts. I think I came into this life with a nice dose of negative Karma and that's why I let my brother force feed me a weed pipe when I was 13 years old. I can do it now, but I've come to realize tonight, more than any other night, how much of a disservice I've done to myself by not taking my Creative Work more seriously until now...Onward & Upward now, though.

Like everything in life, there's many different ways to look at a thing besides the one that comes first, or most easily to our own mind. Like yourself and everyone else, I too was an inseparable part of the generation I was immersed in throughout my formative years. Our minds absorb the qualities of the times we live in in exactly the same way as our body does the water, food and air from which our body is built. In my case, as it was in yours, that meant a lot of years of what we used to call 'mind-expanding' drugs.

However, unlike yourself, I don't look back on any of this with regret.

I'd like to offer you an alternative way to look at this memory that seems to be presently giving you so much unhappiness. But since I'm nobody, I can't believe anything I might splather on about in this forum would be of much help.

However, you might be interested in checking this guy out. Wayne Liquorman is a Californian chap who has been my favourite writer for a number of years now, He claims to have had the experience of 'Awakening 'happen through him about twenty years ago,... yet, his drug and alcohol consumption before that event absolutely eclipsed anything you or I could ever have done ! His claim is that all of our apparent history, (which we place so much value on when we're looking at whatever dream it is that we want to achieve next),... has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not we realise that dream.

Here, I'll let you read it in his own words. Maybe it will take your mind off your past misdemeanours :

{Q} : When you look at all the millions of searchers, and how few are self-realised,…

{Wayne} : Yes

{Q} : So how did you earn that ?

{Wayne} : Let’s see,… I was a very nice guy. (laughs) I worked very hard. I was very earnest. I was kind and loving to all. You’re not buying this are you ? (laughter)

It’s Grace !

{Q} : It’s Grace ?

{Wayne} : It’s pure Grace,….and the definition of that word which I like best is, “Unmerited favour from God.”

I was a pig for much of my life. (laughs) “Give me more !” Period.

Give me more. I want more. More is not enough. There’s not enough booze. There’s not enough drugs. There’s not enough sex. There’s not enough money. There’s not enough strokes of recognition. There’s not enough ! So I will do whatever I need to do to get more.

And so I was not a nice person. I was not helping others. I was not being generous. I was not being kind. I was not being loving. I was out there for me. And that’s incredibly painful. That’s a very horrible way to live. Not one that you would choose if you had a choice. And it’s one that kills many people younger than me.

But for me, for this body-mind mechanism, there was Grace. Go figure. So that’s how I did it. So, if you want to follow my ‘path’ you’d better start drinking. (laughter) You have a lot of catching up to do. You’ve got nineteen years of hard living still to go !

Edited by ThisLife
  • Like 2

Remember, the onward and upward you speak of. Will you take it with you when you die?

I have learnt to not become to attached to anything, as I always suffer in the end.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this