Sign in to follow this  
niveQ

Reproduction question

If an egg is fertilized inside of a woman, is it possible to transplant that egg to another woman after a month inside of the original mother?

This for help with a story idea.

If a woman is in an accident a month after fertilization, can the fertilize egg be rescued and transferred to another woman?

Maybe not so much inserted into another woman but in the very near future I would not be surprised to see ectogenesis machines. The embryo naturally attaches to a uterine wall after about 6 days. I can't imagine after a month's time of gestation that it would be safe to transplant it as the second woman's immune system would most likely kill off the developing child.

• Like 1

Possible or not, it could make for a good sci fi subject ,or drama with a touch of fiction.

Like,, the baby is born, and soon after, starts turning into the original mother.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys!

Sorry for the typos, the tend to happen when I visit from my ipad.

I wonder if there is any way a doctor can detect pregnancy before the baby attaches to the uterine wall.

Perhaps with some sort of hypersensitive ultrasound or super advanced CT/MRI scan. Perhaps the person is part of a fertility program or has some sort of other medical issue that detected the developing embryos while looking for something else.

Sign in to follow this