BobD

Logins

Hey Sean

Been playing with the new site for a while, and it rocks. But I do have two points about the logins.

1) (This was probably true on the old site aswell) Once I have logged on, if I click the News page (to see for instance the summary of recent posts, or perhaps because I just missed when aiming for Forums!) then I get logged out. Even when I then go back to Forums I am still logged out. Probably not really a big issue, but as I am still checking out the new site I find that I'm doing this more, and so having to log on again

2) As before, it doesnt seem to remember the Remember Me setting, so each time I am logged out by the above I have to login again manually, as well as each time I visit the site from scratch.

Does anyone else have these problems, or is it just something I'm doing wrong again? Point 2 is OK on the old site still (ie it does remember me, so I'm fairly sure its not me or my browser again for that one)

Cheers

[edit] Actually, just done some more testing on 2)

If I login in, close down, then run my broswer again and go directly to taobums.com/forum/index.php then it does remember by login. Its only if I go to taobums.com (ie the home page) first rather than the forums page. So point 2) is probably just point 1) restated.

Yeah, sorry about that. Once again I had to switch things around on everyone due to the new software. :(

Anyone having login problems should update their bookmarks to:

http://www.thetaobums.com

and

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum

and pretty much scrap using the forum.taobums.com subdomain, at least for now.

Sorry for the inconvenience and definitely let me know if you still have troubles.

Sean.

Anyone having login problems should update their bookmarks to:

http://www.thetaobums.com

and

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum

2116[/snapback]

Yeah, done that but that's not what I meant. By my first point I meant that if I go to www.thetaobums.com and click login then it works and takes me to the forum pages. If I then click News on the links bar at the top of the page, I automatically get logged out. Clicking on Forums then takes me to the forum pages as a non-logged on guest. So it seems to me that the login is only remembered until you go back to the top of the domain at www.thetaobums.com, at which point it is lost.

BTW love the link on quoted text that takes you back to the source of the quote. Very nice.

Guest Anonymous MOFO
Yeah, done that but that's not what I meant. By my first point I meant that if I go to www.thetaobums.com and click login then it works and takes me to the forum pages. If I then click News on the links bar at the top of the page, I automatically get logged out. Clicking on Forums then takes me to the forum pages as a non-logged on guest. So it seems to me that the login is only remembered until you go back to the top of the domain at www.thetaobums.com, at which point it is lost.

BTW love the link on quoted text that takes you back to the source of the quote. Very nice.

2117[/snapback]

Enable cookies ya dingleberry!!!

Enable cookies ya dingleberry!!!

2118[/snapback]

LOL!

Hiya Ron

I have cookies enabled! The problem is not with the cookies as such cos if I go straight back to taobums.com/forum then it does log me in. I was just saying (ok, maybe "trying to say" would be more accurate) that once I have visited taobums.com/forums and login in, if I then go to taobums.com/ itself then I get logged out. Since this front page is now so useful with the summary of activity and so on, it would be useful if the logon was remembered.

Does noone else have this problem?

I was just saying (ok, maybe "trying to say" would be more accurate) that once I have visited taobums.com/forums and login in, if I then go to taobums.com/ itself then I get logged out. Since this front page is now so useful with the summary of activity and so on, it would be useful if the logon was remembered.

Does noone else have this problem?

Ahhh.... I'm not having that problem, but I think I know what may be causing it. I will look into it as soon as I can.

Sean.

PS - have you tried deleting all your cookies and starting fresh?

PS - have you tried deleting all your cookies and starting fresh?

2127[/snapback]

Yup, problem is still there, although, lets face it, its not much of a problem really. If I bookmarked directly to the forum page it wouldn't kill me, but I like using the main page with its summary of recent posts (though I like the new "recent blog entries" section on the forum page). Its really no biggie.

This new site is way cool! Top job Sean!