Sign in to follow this  
Abyss

Sirsasana

Taking a break from my lotus sitting, so I've been doing a lot of head stand for the last couple weeks. I stayed in the headstand for 20 minutes today and man, it was equally as hard, in terms of concentration, as sitting in the lotus for that long. Just wondering if anyone else has had experience with longer sessions of Sirsasana practice and what kind of sensations/benefits/experiences they have had with it.

• Like 1

Headstands , handstands and backbands are the sacred trinity . Being upside down on regular basis ( but of course being careful in all ways ) is good for the body .

• Like 3

Anyone out there practicing headstand daily???

It certainly helps with concentration when I do it before meditation

I usually do it in the morning, less or more regulary, after streching and stay in the head stand five to ten minutes, to stimulate my blood circulation ... and then go on, on the sitting meditation ... :)

What I notice, is really protruded breathing ... the lungs get really full of air in and out ...

After a few minutes I lift up the hands also ... ;)

Sometimes I cant do it, because my nose is constipated ...

Jox, :)

Edited by Jox

Yeah, inversion tables are awesome :P.Things would be so much easier that way. Sometimes I feel my body heat up and I spontaneously sweat. When I practice the headstand before Yi Gong/kunlun, the energy activates really quickly.

• Like 2

Started lotus sitting again today. The time off did the trick, doubled my usual time and sat for 40 minutes.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this