Sign in to follow this  
yabyum24

Sexual energy & the phases of the moon

This isn't linked to any system or belief but all my adult life I've noticed a rise in energy during the waxing phase of the moon. It corresponds with the appearance of and interaction with sexual potential.

It peaks at full moon and thereafter decreases. If I keep celibate during the waxing phase and beyond, the energy is sustained even during the dark phase. If I don't, then I have to wait until the waxing moon for the next "infusion".

My health and stamina are also much better during a celibate waxing phase. I can feel in it every way. But I go deeper into meditation during the new moon rather than at full - too much energy somehow.

The closest I've ever got to an explanation, is in reading native European (pagan & folk) material. Robert Grave's White Goddess was an inspiration. The three phases are definitely there, represented by the maiden, the woman at her peak and the old lady.

Big question: Has anyone got any further information about any of this? Any ideas from any source are welcome.

Note: I placed this in occult, as it is, for me, non-religious and primal.

Could be. I've never thought of that angle, though I have wondered whether the Lunar energy manifests a 'male' to a female? A sort of yin/yang thing.

Had some pretty Intense experiences this New Years….thought it might have had something to do with the Moon being full. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

• Like 2

Could well be. It is strong enough to affect the ocean's tides and our bodies contain a lot of water.

May be a werewolf thing though ;)

May be a werewolf thing though.

"Bark at The Moon," anyone?

bound to the silver chair...

I love it.

There is no sun.

There is no Aslan.

You have always lived here.

Hehehe

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

There is no sun.

There is no Aslan.

You have always lived here.

Hehehe

Indeed. Hard to break old habits (and her beautiful chair).

Sign in to follow this