Sign in to follow this  
HoldorFold

8 Pieces of Brocade - Shaolin Style

Anyone know any good vids / books / pdfs where I can learn the 8 Pieces of Brocade Shaloin style Qigong set?

It looks like what I need, but I can't find any vids/docs with instructions on what exactly is going on:

This is like I learned about 30 years ago

That's the one, I can't find any instructions on what you're to do with the breath/mind though.

May I recommend Shifu Yan Lei, his products are very well put together, everything is explained properly and is easy to follow, even for a complete beginner.

I have his Qigong book and the accompanying DVD. Maybe £40 in total for a system that will be probably all you'll need for your entire life.

http://www.qigongworkout.com/

The DVD covers everything required for the 8 brocades form, but the book is gorgeous with lots of extra points of practice for a full experience. I think the book is out of stock at present so if you do want it, you may have to try elsewhere such as Amazon.

• Like 1

No problem. Glad to be of help. It's a really solid form of qigong which seems too simple to actually be as good as it is.

People are often drawn to the styles which are presumed to offer special powers and whatnot, but what could be more special than having resistance to disease and infections, a strong but flexible body and the big possibility of a long healthy life.

Hope you find the DVD is of as much benefit to you as it is to me.

I was looking for a system which works well with my energy. I'm pretty energy sensitive and I've had some crazy experiences from practices I used to do, so I need something pretty fundamental and grounding. I got the sense that this would work well for me.

Sign in to follow this