SonOfTheGods

Tree Of Life/Adam Kadmon -Substitute With IChing

Primordial Man- overlaid with the IChing

Gua of Qian/Binah and Kun/Chokmah

Map the whole body(s) this way, for meditation, cultivation, magick.,

Ain Soph Or, being Wuji, Tajii/the Lightening Bolt

then Wu Xing, etc

anyone do something like this?

This won't appease the purists at heart- but those branching over from western system magick/Qbl might transition easier this way (maybe)

• Like 1

Natural progression would take us from Macrocosm to Microcosm so the Tan Tiens are a small scale model of Creation and our own inner universe.

Lower Tan Tien as possibly Da`ath

Edited by SonOfTheGods

There's almost as much I don't know about Qabalah as there is about Taoism, so I might be completely off base, but wouldnt the lower dantien match up better with Yesod? You could even line the three dantien up with the spheres of the Middle Pillar, Yesod - Lower, Tiphareth - Middle, Kether - Upper..

There's almost as much I don't know about Qabalah as there is about Taoism, so I might be completely off base, but wouldnt the lower dantien match up better with Yesod? You could even line the three dantien up with the spheres of the Middle Pillar, Yesod - Lower, Tiphareth - Middle, Kether - Upper..

Yesod is the Moon- female- which would make the lower tan tien all Yin.

Research Da`ath- it is "mystical"-- as "is it real, or just figurative"

Rawn Clark (abardoncompanion.com) has an interesting kabalic practice. YHVH chanting.

It goes: Anee, Yud, Hey, Vav, Hey, Adonai... Ribbono Shell Olam, Amenn.

Its my shower practice. An(i)ee is I, and you feel it reverberating in your spine.

Yud and Hey are compassion and wisdom are imagined imprinted on each eye lid.

Vav is imprinted at the heart, Hey at the lower dantien. (actually this might be more my bastardized version)

Adonai is imagined as multi colored lights swirling around you. An example of G-ds hidden nature in time and space.

Ribbono is Master, again G-d and the Universe with the feeling being external.

Shel means with, where the attention is put back into the body.

Olam meaning World puts the attention includes you and the world.

Amen meaning So it Is. Also the Amen and sanscrit Olam sound close together.

So you've got a practice with deep sacred meaning, throwing attention inside and out, Spine activation, Swirls and vortexes and is great to do with the good acoustics of the shower. There's also some healing versions of it.

Edited by thelerner

My comparison and synthesis of Western and Chinese esoteric systems started in the early Seventies when I started comparing Western alchemy with Chinese alchemy in form of Charles Luk's Taoist Yoga. It has continued to be an interesting and fruitful endeavor in the forty years since then.

Natural progression would take us from Macrocosm to Microcosm so the Tan Tiens are a small scale model of Creation and our own inner universe.

Lower Tan Tien as possibly Da`ath (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

There's almost as much I don't know about Qabalah as there is about Taoism, so I might be completely off base, but wouldnt the lower dantien match up better with Yesod? You could even line the three dantien up with the spheres of the Middle Pillar, Yesod - Lower, Tiphareth - Middle, Kether - Upper.. (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

Yesod is the Moon- female- which would make the lower tan tien all Yin.

Research Da`ath- it is "mystical"-- as "is it real, or just figurative" (Emphasis mine, ZYD)

If I thought this type of comparison was really meaningful I would come back with something to the effect that since Yesod was is the reproductive organ of the Microprosopus that it is perfect to represent the lower Dan in its function as the 'cauldron of jing', but I don't find such superficial comparisons either interesting or particularly meaningful.

I don't find them interesting or meaningful because they take superficial resemblances and shuffle them around to make a pretty picture which people who like such things then oooh and aaah over. If that is what you want to do, save yourself some time and trouble and buy Yudelove's book. Get it here if you want:

Yudelove's pretty picture book

And if you really want to do some staggering superficial comparisons of your own, here is some real food for fantasy, I mean thought:

GR000099.JPG

(Image from To Become a Sage, Chapter One, University of Washington)

The text and commentary on this can be found here:

To Become a Sage, Chapter One, University of Washington

Be forewarned the diagram, text and commentary is all by Confucians and can be harmful to the unexamined presuppositions of 'Taoists'.

On the other hand if you really want to do something interesting and practical start with Western geomancy, a short introduction to which can be found here:

Wikipedia on Geomancy

and also here:

Wikipedia on the Geomantic Figures

Here are the Geomantic figures and one can see immediately why they might have relevance to the I Jing:

220px-Geomantic_figures.svg.png
(Illustration from Wikipedia on Geomancy)

Hint: think Nuclear Trigrams, there is much more of course.

Elsewhere on the Tao Bums I have noted:

Any well formed symbol system is useful for both passive uses, like divination, in which it reflects a train of events and for active purposes like magic, where it can be used to influence a train of events. The Tarot is excellent as a magical system, the average "magician" can hardly dream of all that is concealed in Western Geomancy as a form of magic, the same goes for Yi Jing, Mah Jong, and many other systems like that. I have experience with several of them,some for decades. They are worth the time and effort investigating.

Most modern 'magickians' have not stepped outside the conceptual box created by Aleister Crowley of Geomancy being related only to the 'magic of earth', this is so wrong as to be laughable, if it did not trivialize an important and powerful system of magic. Simply learing about Geomancy and investigating it with a combination of analytic skill and creativity can reveal so much that it is amazing. Just as an example, what I learned about the art and science of magical binding from the study of geomancy was worth all the time and effort that I put into that study a thousand times over.

Geomancy is one of the most interesting and fruitful ways of making a cultural bridge between Chines and Western systems. There are more, but I have said enough for today.

Edit: I realized that I accidentally left out the third quote in the series at the top, it is in particular to this third quote that my comments about the 'reproductive organ of the Microprosopus' is directed and they make less sense without it.

Edited by Zhongyongdaoist
  • Like 1