Unseen_Abilities

Is it possible...

Marblehead...I totally get that right now for some reason, but I've still kinda had some big things going lately...

I know what you are talking about. Been there, done that. This is why I can speak to it.

And our opinions and understandings change over time. Oftentimes too we find that we were asking the wrong questions.

Happy questioning!

• Like 2

You are definitely welcome to pm me if you wish.

To be honest, I'm intrigued.

Curiousity.

Yeah.

Anyway.

The Darkness.

Great band!

Harm none.

Seek wisdom.

Seek only to bring benefit to all.

As to being deceived.

Someone once said this to me.

Everything you see and hear and experience is pure manipulation.

I'm still meditating on it.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

I hear ya.

I wouldn't like someone to try an exorcism on me though.

Oh yeah.

What does it say?

Out, out with it!

Oh, good advice.

Don't panic.

It's just the journey of the sorcerer.

I hope you like Vogon poetry.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 2

Ok, I know this kind of thing goes on - Some might not believe, but here me out. A few months or so ago I started sitting Zazen at a private temple of sorts (basically just a Zendo in a house) with a so-called Rinzai Priest called Mujyo Williams - I've just recalled that as soon as I started going there I've been feeling as if an entity of some kind has been trying to talk through me...It's been really clear at times and not there at all at other. This has ONLY been going on since the first time I went to this Zen place - Is it possible this guy Mujyo summoned an entity into me or something, or I might have just picked it up from going there? There is ritual going on there - I don't go there any more anyway, but I need to get this cleared up so I can fucking just get on with my life in clarity after everything else I've gone through...Seriously - I don't know who the fuck my "friends"/family/myself are anymore, but I've been coming up with the most insanely good work I've ever created over the last half a year and I'm physically healthy in every single way (really, look at my pictures on Facebook if you need to, ok? Go to the Tao Bums group and you will see me somewhere closeish to the top...) it's just this spiritual stuff I've got to work out.

I've got big work to do here (many people do, I know - I am in NO WAY implying I'm superior to other people and their purpose in any kind of way) so I need to get really clear, really soon or I don't know what's going to happen with my life basically...

Thanks.

Kick it's ass out.

• Like 2

After talking to God for like a few years now, and doing practises to supposedly get you in touch with your true self, to wind up being completely deceived into doing things you started off so vehemently against???

It is definitely possible. Both because there are beings out there, but also as one increases their clarity, they drop mental rules/structures that limited certain types of behavior. The new found openness can lead to various experimentation.

just do not read "Catcher In The Rye"

"Catcher in the Rye" is a work of sheer, unparalleled genius. You've really aroused my curiosity. What on earth do you see 'dangerous' about reading quality literature like that ?

"Catcher in the Rye" is a work of sheer, unparalleled genius. You've really aroused my curiosity. What on earth do you see 'dangerous' about reading quality literature like that ?

It has a long history of being tied to Manchurian Candidates, and was a banned book

In 1960 a teacher in Tulsa, Oklahoma was fired for assigning the novel in class; he was later reinstated.[27] Between 1961 and 1982, The Catcher in the Rye was the most censored book in high schools and libraries in the United States.[28] The book was banned in the Issaquah, Washington high schools in 1978 as being part of an "overall communist plot."[29] In 1981 it was both the most censored book and the second most taught book in public schools in the United States.[30] According to the American Library Association, The Catcher in the Rye was the tenth most frequently challenged book from 1990 to 1999.[10] It was one of the ten most challenged books of 2005,[31] and although it had been off the list for three years, it reappeared in the list of most challenged books of 2009.[32]

The challenges generally begin with Holden's frequent use of vulgar language,[33][34] with other reasons including sexual references,[35]blasphemy, undermining of family values[34] and moral codes,[36] Holden's being a poor role model,[37] encouragement of rebellion,[38] and promotion of drinking, smoking, lying, and promiscuity.[36] Often the challengers have been unfamiliar with the plot itself.[28] Shelley Keller-Gage, a high school teacher who faced objections after assigning the novel in her class, noted that the challengers "are being just like Holden... They are trying to be catchers in the rye."[34]A reverse effect has been that this incident caused people to put themselves on the waiting list to borrow the novel, when there were none before.[39]

Several shootings have been associated with the novel, including Robert John Bardo's shooting of Rebecca Schaeffer and John Hinckley, Jr.'s assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan. Following Mark David Chapman's shooting of John Lennon, Chapman was arrested with a copy of the book that he had purchased that day, inside which he had written, "To Holden Caulfield, From Holden Caulfield, This is my statement".[40][41]

In 2009 Salinger successfully sued to stop the U.S. publication of a novel that presents Holden Caulfield as an old man.[25][42] The novel's author, Fredrik Colting, commented, "call me an ignorant Swede, but the last thing I thought possible in the U.S. was that you banned books."[43] The issue is complicated by the nature of Colting's book, 60 Years Later: Coming Through the Rye, which has been compared to fan fiction.[44] Although commonly not authorized by writers, no legal action is usually taken[45] against fan fiction since it is rarely published commercially and thus involves no profit. Colting, however, has published his book commercially. Unauthorized fan fiction on The Catcher in the Rye existed on the Internet for years without any legal action taken by Salinger before his death.[44]

posting on the tao bums is like shooting yourself in the face, people lurk here just to vent off some steam and reply with dumbass comments to make themselfs feel better while knowing nothing about what you face or experience, IM sorry but comments such as "stop thinking" are completely and utterly meaningless if not offensive to someone who is undergoing a period of deep introspection and receiving a lot of messages via intuition.

• Like 2

Well, as I feel this post is directed toward me and the fact that I have suggested to a couple of our members that they should stop thinking, I will respond.

The thing is, if our conscious mind is filled with negativity, the more we think about these negative things the worse they will seem to be. Therefore I suggest that we stop thinking. Clear the mind. Empty the mind, if you will. Once we have emptied our mind reality will shine through. Now, if we have a "real" problem as oppsosed to a self-created problem we can begin to work on that problem in order to eliminate it.

We cannot solve our problems if we don't know what our "real" problems are. All the illusions and delusions will only get in the way and prevent, first, recognition of the "real" problem and secondly, cause us to work on an imaginary problem and this would likely cause us more problems.

Thinking too much give us too many opportunities to create more illusions and delusion. Therefore I will sometimes offer the suggestion that one should stop thinking.

• Like 2