soaring crane

a "little" Taiji inspiration for you all :-)

I have forgotten where we were talking about it but my inversion table arrived last night. I spent the evening putting it together, finished this morning then tried it out. The first time going over my brain couldn't handle the experience. Hehehe. Got dizzy as all get-out. But the second time I rotated slower and that worked well. It does feel great while I am in it. I can feel some things in my back that are happening as a result. I guess it will take a while befor eI know if it is actually helping. My experiences from working out indicate that during the first two weeks I will have new pains but the during the third it should start feeling a lot better and without the pains.

• Like 2

I have forgotten where we were talking about it but my inversion table arrived last night. I spent the evening putting it together, finished this morning then tried it out. The first time going over my brain couldn't handle the experience. Hehehe. Got dizzy as all get-out. But the second time I rotated slower and that worked well. It does feel great while I am in it. I can feel some things in my back that are happening as a result. I guess it will take a while befor eI know if it is actually helping. My experiences from working out indicate that during the first two weeks I will have new pains but the during the third it should start feeling a lot better and without the pains.

There is an inversion table sitting here in the livingroom, perhaps I should try it out some more. What are they supposed to be good for? Is this more affective than hanging upside down on the monkey bars at the local playground? :)

There is an inversion table sitting here in the livingroom, perhaps I should try it out some more. What are they supposed to be good for? Is this more affective than hanging upside down on the monkey bars at the local playground? :)

Well, it's safer. Hehehe.

It is supposed to take the pressure off your spine, spread the discs (muscles and ligiments) apart so that new growth (maybe) can happen cushioning the discs from each other. Supposed to lessen any minor back pain as well as get you back straight again so you don't walk slightly bent over.

Results will vary, of course. The thing is, it must be done frequently over a given period of time, depending on how your body reacts to things like this. As I mentioned, I expect pain for the first two or three weeks. This is what keeps a lot of people from using them.

hmmm, so how long each day do you hang out on it?

The best I could gather is 15 minutes every day, normally first thing in the morning. I am going to start out slower than that though. (I don't like pain much.) Likely I will do shorter periods of time, say maybe five minutes every day and then after the initial pain experience increase the time period until I am at the fifteen minute mark. I will do it every day just to establish a habit of doing it every day. If I skip days I would likely establish a habit of skipping days.

Beautiful, suninmyeyes. Warmed my heart. :)

I watched a movie just recently, "Only The Strong" with Marc Dacascos starring. Pretty good movie with excellent presentation of the art of Capoeira.

That really was gorgeous soaring crane .

Just reminded me this short film on Capoeira seen through kids eyes -- it is so sweet !

May be an odd thing to say but it looks like the origin of break dancing is right there. A lot of those moves look very similar.

May be an odd thing to say but it looks like the origin of break dancing is right there. A lot of those moves look very similar.

Not odd at all. I'm pretty sure it's the truth.

I watched a movie just recently, "Only The Strong" with Marc Dacascos starring. Pretty good movie with excellent presentation of the art of Capoeira.

Have you seen this one ? It is REALLY good ,and also some good capoeira in it too ...

full film:

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

Yes ,true -- there are a lot of Capoeira moves in breakdancing .

• Like 1

Have you seen this one ? It is REALLY good ,and also some good capoeira in it too ...

Yes, I did see that a while back. Indeed, a good one.