Songtsan

Is it possible to combine selves into one?

Can individual 'souls' combine to form into one?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChannelHigherSelf

He has spoken about this aspect a couple of times. I can not recall the exact videos. He is connected to his Higher Self. Which is the Greater aspect of ones Soul. A soul is always individual. Apparently a soul even has an ego-structure. The non-individualized aspect starts with the Higher Self. The even Greater aspect would then be the Universal Self, as far as I know.

The Higher Self has many incarnations of which One is You. Many active soul-strings, so to speak. Multiple realities in latest scientific terms. Multiple incarnations would be the outdated-term. Since time is an illusion and everything happens at the same 'time'.

I do not know if evolution in terms of 'growth' applies to a Higher Self, since it is far above 'the maze' of deliberate limitations we, our soul, our Higher Self have put our human Self here in. To learn in this way.

Soul is you, Higher Self is you.. even Universal Self can be you if you desire to put aside your human identity for a moment and consciously move into the Greater.. it is not a seperate entity. This shift is 'allowed'.. or possible, to be more precise.. if your soul has a certain higher state of maturity. Otherwise it would be like cheating, because you can see every outcome of all actions you do here.

This would then also apply to the concept of Daoist of nourishing the spirit body and bringing it to maturity by streaming more energy into it. This energy then allows for a greater radius of action. Which then allows to gather even more experience in wider terms.

But this should do the trick.. for now.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 2

Possibly.

I don't suppose that's much help.

I'll meditate upon it!

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

Still a blur here between soul and self ?

Self is a 'subjective concept' but according to many cultures and 'researchers' soul may have an objective nature as well as a subjective ones.

For soul I like the works of (of course ;)) Patrick Harpur and presently I am reading Wolfgang Giegerich's 'What is Soul?'. Which seemed at first an admonishment to other Jungian psychologists not to downplay the concept of soul as it is what distinquishes Jungian psychology in the first place .... until I read a statement (that I cant find at the moment) about the the purpose of life ... which I had come to the same conclusion myself previously ... so now I am fully sucked into the book :) of course the preliminary chapters on the development of concepts tracking through western philosophers and later psychologists is essential background material IMO.

As far as self goes I prefer the models of Exo-psychology, which also allows an objective / subjective view; some levels of 'self' are localised in 'us' but some are 'non-local.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight-circuit_model_of_consciousness

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Still a blur here between soul and self ?

Self is a 'subjective concept' but according to many cultures and 'researchers' soul may have an objective nature as well as a subjective ones.

According to the oldest shamanic cultures, everyone has a plurality of souls, not just one.

In this sense, it's not that difficult to think about universal unification...

• Like 1

How about moving into it and stop conceptionalizing it? The more you gather info from other human selves, the less easier it might get to drop these imaginations. For example in meditation.

We can not put into words what a soul is. I believe that we can not. Not even a soul. Our todays language is so limited. We would have to create new words every day! We can only experience it.

To understand what a soul is or even a Higher Self is so vast.. I believe when you are in 'it' that you yourself do not even have the desire anymore to put it into words. Why would you, you understand everything in an instant. You remember everything. There are so many other forms of communication in the Universe. Human language is surely the most limited one, right after paramecium chat :D

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 2

B.K. Frantzis writes about this, don't recall if it's in "Relaxing Into Your Being" or "The Great Stillness" (probably the Great Stillness but who knows...)

It's been a while since I read it so I don't recall if he talks about "how" it works.

I think the takeaway is that it happens as part of your practice, and as I recall it's a necessary step on making sure your practice rolls over to subsequent lifetimes, rather than you having to start over every time (since at death you kind of get mulched and recycled into potentially multiple people so....).

• Like 1

Perhaps they already are one.

Adi Da gives a teaching about the nature of the Self from two popular points of view, and says that the truth is kind of a combination of them.

One point of view is that there is ONLY the "Universal"....we are all the same Self. Period. There are not "individual" souls.

The other perspective is that there is only one Universal, but it takes SPECIFIC or individual forms. From this point of view, we are the same Universal, but we are DIFFERENT specific forms of that Universal.

The actual truth is somewhere in between. We DO take specific forms......BUT, we are not separate specific forms. In other words, I AM the specific that is you, and you ARE the specific that is I.......we're just not consciously aware of being the same entity.

Anyway, I found this teaching very meaningful, I hope it sheds some light on the question.

Edited by roger
  • Like 1

It is hard to nut out using English words.

First we would have to agree what soul and self are.

In Christian religion, they shuffled soul into the back ground (from the 4th century onwards) to create a duality of body / spirit.

In Philosophy a similar movement came about from and seemed to oppose Platonism ... all the way through to Descartes and others and into modern materialistic 'Scientism'.

Even in Jungian psychology some try to hide or change Jung's concept of soul into psyche (which is against all types of psychology actually) and located it subjectively ( a modern idea) .

So we have concepts of 'type' of soul ; in Kabbalah - 4 main ones ... in Egyptology, many more , including things not normally included in our concepts such as the Ren (similar to one's name).

But really, only one TYPE of those souls might equate with what we think 'soul is' .

In some cases ; they might be able to be combined into one overall concept, but in other cases there seems a distinct difference ( as in Ka and Ba etc)

If the question assumes each of us have a single soul and asks if they can be combined into one, that seems an idea in some spiritual beliefs, like the drop of water returning to an ocean.

I think the difficulty is trying to understand THAT world from THIS world .... there may be no separation at all ... it just appears that way from our viewpoint.

What's exactly an individual soul?

My experience is that the 'individual' soul is a collection of various energies from other souls that combine to make one particular pattern that an individual is most identified. This pattern actually changes over the course of a lifetime, not only at the demarcation of physical life and death, though there is a greater re-constitution of the energies at those points, as would be expected with any major existential event.

So in this way our individuated self is actually a collection of many other selves. A more concrete way to think of it may be as a tapestry where many diverse threads form a single pattern that is connected to one specific owner (eg. your persona in this life time), and throughout your life threads may be added, lost or removed and become a part of a new tapestry (say when you have a child or merge with a lover).

Hope that is helpful. :)

• Like 5

Well it is interesting ... I like the tapestry analogy ... it reminds me of this ;

“ … thus we gather up all the threads of human passion and interest, and weave them into an harmonious tapestry, subtly and diligently with great art, that our Order may seem an ornament even to the Stars that are in the Heavens at Night. In our rainbow-coloured texture we set forth the glory of the whole Universe— See thou to it, brother Magician, that thine own thread be strong, and pure, and of a colour brilliant in itself, yet ready to mingle in all beauty with those of thy brethren! “

But that is more about individuals banding (bonding ? ) into a collective.

Still I see that some easily interchange ‘soul’ and ‘self’ ?

Also I am a little confused by this; “the 'individual' soul is a collection of various energies from other souls that combine to make one particular pattern” as I have to ask ; if an ‘ individual soul ‘ is a collection of parts of other (Individual ? ) souls then where did the other individual souls come from ?

This is interesting; “This pattern actually changes over the course of a lifetime,” would you elaborate on that ? And the distinction between self, soul and persona ? - as if I read your post a certain way, they seem interchangeable … but in my system they are distinct and quiet different.

Well it is interesting ... I like the tapestry analogy ... it reminds me of this ;

“ … thus we gather up all the threads of human passion and interest, and weave them into an harmonious tapestry, subtly and diligently with great art, that our Order may seem an ornament even to the Stars that are in the Heavens at Night. In our rainbow-coloured texture we set forth the glory of the whole Universe— See thou to it, brother Magician, that thine own thread be strong, and pure, and of a colour brilliant in itself, yet ready to mingle in all beauty with those of thy brethren! “

But that is more about individuals banding (bonding ? ) into a collective.

Still I see that some easily interchange ‘soul’ and ‘self’ ?

Also I am a little confused by this; “the 'individual' soul is a collection of various energies from other souls that combine to make one particular pattern” as I have to ask ; if an ‘ individual soul ‘ is a collection of parts of other (Individual ? ) souls then where did the other individual souls come from ?

This is interesting; “This pattern actually changes over the course of a lifetime,” would you elaborate on that ? And the distinction between self, soul and persona ? - as if I read your post a certain way, they seem interchangeable … but in my system they are distinct and quiet different.

Quote: Still I see that some easily interchange ‘soul’ and ‘self’ ?

Soul and persona are distinct yet interrelated. Self is the individuated construct of identification from which we make distinctions.

Quote: Where did the other individual souls come from?

On a subtle anatomical level, the other individual souls belong to other beings and aspects of them thread through one another.

If you are asking cosmologically, about the origins of souls or the material substance of souls, I would need a little time to meditate on that. I have seen the material substance of souls, but it is hard to describe and I have not distinctly looked into its origins.

Quote: This is interesting; “This pattern actually changes over the course of a lifetime,” would you elaborate on that?

The soul evolves, develops, and lives, just as our bodies. In fact, the things we do in this life time affect our soul and vice versa. To go back to the tapestry analogy, a thread may become stained, a section of the piece may get lost, a new thread may we woven, etc.,. Thus, these changes are manifest in the soul, just as they are manifest in the body, the difference being that these manifestations have their own set of physics, as soul is composed of different substance the body and thus they interact with space time in according to their own 'laws' and properties.

To clarify my usage of terminology:

Self- the individuated construct of identification from which we make distinctions.

Soul- an aspect of being comprised of various energetic imprints manifest in physical solar constellations and relating to a particular embodied persona.

Persona- a physical manifestation from which we concretely perceive one another.

• Like 2

Yeah, I realize that my understanding of soul is limited, so the question is flawed...

I was thinking mostly of that operational center - the spot that perceives, and that has will - so the sender/receiver of conscious mind...

I was thinking that no matter the death of body, etheric layers, etc. there will always be an awareness of something somewhere - so that awareness was central to that 'self' which reincarnates..

its probably very difficult to know without direct experience, so perhaps my time is better spent contemplating elsewhere

• Like 1

reversed- they were one before and became un_fused

long story, not for this place

The Field, is a Fabric.., is a Field :ph34r:

Edited by SonOfTheGods

long story, not for this place

Oooh you big tease.

I gotta go meditate deep man.

When we arose, we arose together.

I seek those with whom I arose.

Are they my spirit guides?

My past lives?

Or are they others now incarnate in this sphere?

Who awakened me?

Where are the others?

I felt them.

The mighty ones awoken.

Called.

For a purpose.

Bound to edit this later!

Ha ha ha!

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1