BaguaKicksAss

Practice challenge! :)

As I said in the thread, I'll take any excuse to get more Bagua in ;). Especially in the winter when it's cold out.

Said by rainbowvein

I recall TaoMeow mentioning that either before or after she posts on TTB, she does taichi. Linking her time on TTB to increased taichi practice. (As I believe she already practices taichi regularly.)

I'm really liking this idea. So every post after this one, I'll do 15 minutes of Bagua/Qigong or Neigong.

The amount of posts I do on TTBs is either going to drastically increase, or decrease, I'm not sure which. I mean aside from my regular practice (just so I don't cheat and say well I'm going to do 2 hours later anyways lol).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 8

Thank you :).

I think I should start consolidating posts like MPG does....

ROFL.

Hmm, now for each PM I send... perhaps reading a page or 2 of a JAJ book...

• Like 1

I did half an hour, so I get a free post ;).

Anyone want to join me in this challenge?!

Doesn't have to be Bagua, obviously. Could be qigong, meditation, whatever your practice is (and some of my 15 mins will be just those instead of Bagua, as I need to get them in too).

• Like 1

I do brief blocks of TTB activity separated by qigong sessions, rather than a "minutes/post" formula, but the same concept (inspired by the TaoMeow post rv mentioned above).

• Like 3

Anyone have a link to that original inspirit idea? :)

K, that is half an hour owed of Bagua now (commented in the other thread too)

Ill join:).. 45 min of meditation.. 4 min horse stance and before bed 20 min of zhan zhuang qigong

• Like 2

I've been getting a LOT of practice in :D. After last night's posting spree in one thread, I'll uhm be very busy today.... practicing... but likely not posting lololol.

This is good, means I'll catch up on my medical qigong reading whenever I sit in front of my laptop but need a break from working :).

Compete? Perhaps I didn't clarify... there is no competing whatsoever, well accept against ourselves of course :).

Hehehe. You done good. Yes, it is good when we compete with our lazy self. We will call that challenging ourself.

I posted only because I wanted to say something in this thread of yours.

I am at a disadvantage here at home because I have no one to challenge me. I get my mental challenges here mostly. My "practice" challenges have to be self-inspired. But I'm doing pretty good, I think (for an old man).

• Like 1

And to the subject of challenges, one of the biggest challenges in my personal life was to learn how to live in aloneness without experiencing loneliness.

• Like 3

Does that mean I should post more to balance my pratice ? :P

More seriously my teacher told me not to force my practice, you could be injured and SPECIALY in winter !

I red something where Fu Zongwen said that the traditionnal teaching of TTC is by performing 10 times a 20mn form, I'm really not able to do that. I did 4 in a row wich takes already a lot a concentration!

I don't remember if I found the article from the TTB, if not, here it is.

Happy new year :)

• Like 1

Hehe, I hardly post, but read a LOT!

I've been getting in 90 minutes of shaking everyday. I'm adding Flying Phoenix Chi Kung now. That's it. No sense in overwhelming myself. I also have 4 DGS dvds that I bought recently, I'll be gentle with myself and take my time with them.

Very important for me to balance all the energy work with real-world achievements (grounding my spiritual practices) and creativity, so I also play Improv and am learning Gaelic. Keeps me active, positive, creative.

Oh, and of course, the Horse Stance.

• Like 2

Hmm, this sounds really interesting. I'll try it for the next week and see whether I have the will to do it :D

1 Edit: What about sending a PM and chatting in the chat?

Edited by king
  • Like 1

Ok, this is definitely something I can't do

Most of the posts I make are from my phone while I'm out and I don't think I can just stop in the middle of the street, sit down and meditate or do some horse stance without ending in a mental hospital :D

Maybe in the near future I will try this again

• Like 2

What I mean is, when you have time, do the 15 mins per post. I tend to practice in the evening, even when I make posts in the morning. Also if you are say making posts from the lineup at the bank, I personally wouldn't count those as it isn't distracting from better things you could be doing ;).

• Like 1