Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Question on Sungazing - what kind of gaze, precisely?

I only do have one question regarding Sungazing and please only answer to this if you already practise sungazing and know For Sure what kind of gaze you need to apply in order to get the maximum out of it.

I tried it with different techniques so far:

I tried a hard-gaze which is tension for the nerves and resulted in a very very long after-image when palming. This seems to be stressful and not really the way to go, correct me if wrong. During the period of gazing the sun itself or somewhat the aura around it changed colors.. usually a red and blueishturquoise was more noticable.

I tried a soft-gaze where (probably when not looking into the sun, otherwise) my pupils diluted. 'Sorcerer's gaze' as I heard it is called.. the regular vision which you know you automatically do when you have a stressful day, scatter your attention to regenerate and just let your vision drift away.. daydreaming is what you do with this vision, at least that is how it starts before you drift away into dreamstates even during the day.. everything becomes unsharp, unfocused. And with this gaze I had times where 'I became the whole sky'.. it's like my vision expanded in an unusual way, filling the sky and at the same time the ground became really really dark, almost black and the sky turned more bright.. the usual blue became a white. The sun was still distinguishable from this then white sky. I had times where even after looking 20minutes straight into the sun, I had no after-image due to the complete relaxation. With this technique the sun aswell became white.

And I tried a gaze which I have no name for. Which is a mix of both hard and soft. It's like a relaxed gaze. But not too relaxed to drift away or have no focus anymore and not too hard to tense up. Like a friendly observation. This seems to work best and with it I had barely any after-image. With this technique the sun also became white with a bit of yellow still in it.

On a sidenote it is really funny how your eyes absorb the most beautiful colors a sunrise or sunset can bring forth and turning them into a pleasant whitish color.

Can you also look at it with peripheral vision and if so, how would it work?

Even though I have written that I looked 20min+ into the sunset and sunrise, I am at 11min10sec following the HRM method. I just watch longer periods into the sun whenever I feel comfortable with (and this is most of the time). But I still advance each day for about 10seconds, regardless of the amount of time I continue and do not count. This method feels good for me personally. Do whatever feels best for you.

What kind of gaze is used to produce optimal results?

Edited by 4bsolute

Friend of mine has practiced it a lot. I can ask him if no one replies here within a week or whatever. Just PM me if so.

On the way..

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this