Tiredness and energetical/spiritual reasons for it

I am tired most of the time for the past years, I need to sleep for more than 8 hours per night and need to take some naps in between as well. Otherwise I feel down and lacking of energy.

For the past years I am also searching for reasons. My body seems to normal and doctors of course didn't find anything. Recently I was paying more attention to who I really am what the core of my being and so on. The real being that we are is hidden behind physical body, behind mental body and behind energeticall body... So when I was searching for myself I noticed this tiredness as patches of heavy energy on my face. I could feel it there like glued to my face and it was pulling me down. When I didn't identify myself with it I was free from its effects.

I wonder if some of you have similar experiences?

Kowtow

Do you do any kind of meditative/energetic practice?

What's your diet like?

Are you in a good state, mentally?

Are you exposed to any chemicals in the environment?

Do you take any medication or drugs?

I have found that good qigong systems really help things like this. Also if you find a decent teacher they can give you customized exercises :).

• Like 2

I've been here!

Blotchy face is it? Anyway, the fatigue seems to come from over-thinking. Contemplation drains energy to the max and I think a lot of us suffer from this misconception of Taoism...

All this searching is futile as you already know what you are...you just don't find it by looking. Do the opposite and empty your head and forget everything. Then your nature is all that's left. All your answers will be there!

• Like 1

I have found that good qigong systems really help things like this. Also if you find a decent teacher they can give you customized exercises :).

Just wondering, how does one go about finding a decent teacher? I'm a Wing Chun practitioner and am curious about Qi Gong, but my teacher doesn't advocate it in the slightest...

Edited by Rara

Just wondering, how does one go about finding a decent teacher? I'm a Wing Chun practitioner and am curious about Qi Gong, but my teacher doesn't advocate it in the slightest...

During my breif encounter with Wing Chun, my teacher taught me some qigong! I would normally to ask your teacher for a recommendation... but it sounds like he/she might enot be open to that. Ask your fellow students perhaps? If all else fails rumsoakedfist.com has a teacher directory which is pretty decent. Where do you live?

Notice I'm not recomending books, vids, nor online teachings ;).

• Like 2

During my breif encounter with Wing Chun, my teacher taught me some qigong! I would normally to ask your teacher for a recommendation... but it sounds like he/she might enot be open to that. Ask your fellow students perhaps? If all else fails rumsoakedfist.com has a teacher directory which is pretty decent. Where do you live?

Notice I'm not recomending books, vids, nor online teachings ;).

Yeah, they get wound up by all this talk of chi. Especially those who claim they can hit people using their chi.

Thanks for the link! Best option I think. West Yorkshire, England

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

I have found the best qigong teachers are not actual :qigong" teachers, but are "martial arts" teachers :).

Also those "warmups" they all teach? Pay extra attention to those...

• Like 1

Do you do any kind of meditative/energetic practice?

What's your diet like?

Are you in a good state, mentally?

Are you exposed to any chemicals in the environment?

Do you take any medication or drugs?

I do meditate a few times a week, doing mostly fusion of the 5 elements.

I try to maintain a healthy diet, drinking shakes in the morning (oats, fruits, spirulina, red reishi, nuts...), trying to avoid simple carbo hydrates, eating enough fibres and drinking enough of water. When the fatigue is strongest is after meals when I am really without energy and can just lay down. If I don't lay down and just continue with something it passes away after some time.

More or less, it has been better and been worse as well :)

I don't think so.

Was smoking weed, but stopped 3 months ago.

andropause?

I am 30 years old so I doubt it is this and am having this problem for long time already.

I've been here!

Blotchy face is it? Anyway, the fatigue seems to come from over-thinking. Contemplation drains energy to the max and I think a lot of us suffer from this misconception of Taoism...

All this searching is futile as you already know what you are...you just don't find it by looking. Do the opposite and empty your head and forget everything. Then your nature is all that's left. All your answers will be there!

Actually what I wanted to describe is all on energetical level it is not physically present. When I scan my body/face I can feel it like some glue on my face, like some energetical parasite that is pulling me down.

Over thinking might be it, I try to have clear mind most of time, but it is a sneaky enemy and finds a back door quickly ;)

What practice do you suggest, I am going a few exercises but dont know the names I can describe them if needed.

I try to maintain a healthy diet, drinking shakes in the morning (oats, fruits, spirulina, red reishi, nuts...), trying to avoid simple carbo hydrates, eating enough fibres and drinking enough of water. When the fatigue is strongest is after meals when I am really without energy and can just lay down. If I don't lay down and just continue with something it passes away after some time.

Sounds like food allergies to me. Prob get that double checked.

Btw, I have never found meditation to help energy levels (unless it's specific qigong meditation, or connect with the divine meditation), though some meditations can actually drain one's energy.

• Like 1

One thing that I forgot to mention, I had diffilcuties to move the energy over my face when doing the micro cosmic orbit for years. It really helped when I looked up so my throat opened. But I guess this is connected as something is blocking me here.

Sounds like food allergies to me. Prob get that double checked.

Btw, I have never found meditation to help energy levels (unless it's specific qigong meditation, or connect with the divine meditation), though some meditations can actually drain one's energy.

I went to the doctor a week ago to check my blood, I will get the results soon. I will ask him about alergies as well.

Can you tell me more about this specific qigong meditation, or connect with the divine meditation that help energy levels?

You did the MCO for years, did that by any chance mess with your energy levels at all? Sometimes that can really mess folks up energetically, especially if without a teacher.

I am most definitely not going to recommend anything online, as I feel that is an extremely bad idea, in general. I feel each person needs a proper in person teacher, not random strangers with questionable experience, on the internet giving advice on really important practices.

Though Zhang Zhuan is good, and safe, and energizes :).

• Like 2

I have a teacher.

I dont think it messed my energy levels? Though I might not full understand what it means, can you elaborate please.

I mean a teacher for energetic/qi stuff :). You had mentioned that your teacher doesn't exactly go for that sort o thing (many don't).

I mean did you used to have more energy way back before you ever started the MCO and related practices? Not saying for sure, just something to check into is all (sort of like the allergy thing, possible, but who knows). I have seen a few people get messed up doing the MCO without instruction, so just checking just in case...

Well yeah I have teacher for this stuff, but I am not always pleased with answers :)

As far as I remember the practise of MCO didnt change much of my energy levels.