Sign in to follow this  
Jox

Inner Visualization

1. Lu asks:

What is inner visualization, can you let me know?

Zhong answers:

Inner visualization, sitting for clearing the mind until it is empty nad using the visualization figments are used by some of the ancients and some modern Taoists. Not all practitioners agree with this method.

The concern is that the Heart (mind) is like a monkey in motion and Yi (intention) like a horse that never stops. The dread is the material world causing you to lose your will. Using visualization to stable the center from emptines, make the eyes not see, ears not hear, Heart not wild and Yi not confused. You need to be able to use the inner visualization method to enter into emptines and be a whole ...

2. Lu asks:

What are visualization and inner vision, can you tell me?

Zhong answers:

For instance, when you have Yang rising, often thoughts are concerning male, dragon, fire, sky, cloud, crane, sun, cloud, smoke, afterglow, vehicle, drive, flower, and Qi. This is Zang inner visualization reflecting Yang rising.

When Ying is descending, often thoughts will be about female, tiger, water, earth, rain, turtle, moon, ox, spring, soil, boat, and leaf. This is Yin inner visualization reflecting Yin descending ...

Ling Bao Tong Zhi Neng Nei Gong Shu, Page 316-317.

Peace, Jox :)

post-52082-0-76833200-1388251861_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Jox

My inner vision of late (last few years) involves mainly geometric patterns, intertwining, merging,

flashing, pin-holing/expanding circles of colored light, oscillating inward and outward.

Then more infrequently, there are the flash images that in a brief moment, convey complex movie like, storyline situations,

some very mundane, familial and comfortable, others quite alien.

• Like 2

Interesting. However, it should be stressed that these are just beginners methods. They are good to help the mind focus and to some extent guide your energy, but they won't take you as far as "no object" styles of mediatation (such as Zen, Zuowang, Vipassana and so on).

I personnaly prefer methods that focus on the body, breath/qi feeling than using mental imagery. Or, visualisation can be used only when you don't have the feeling. Then you drop it.

• Like 2

Interesting. However, it should be stressed that these are just beginners methods. They are good to help the mind focus and to some extent guide your energy, but they won't take you as far as "no object" styles of mediatation (such as Zen, Zuowang, Vipassana and so on).

I personnaly prefer methods that focus on the body, breath/qi feeling than using mental imagery. Or, visualisation can be used only when you don't have the feeling. Then you drop it.

For example Michael Winn, in his haling sounds dvd says (fundamentals 1), that we use five "tools" to communicate with life force. Movement, breath, intention, sound and color ... So visualisation is just one of the tools we may use to work with our life force ... :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this