elliotmtl

Hempel and "perverts" and apparently being one

I find that people, even some very great teachers, are mostly a mixed bag. You have to sift through the dross to find nuggets worth keeping.

I like to think that my posts make a contribution to Taobums. That said, nobody should make a project of believing my every word, or worse, emulating my character. And I imagine the same could be said for Dear Drew. You'll do much better following your own path.

Liminal

• Like 2

There isn't much Drew has said which resonates with me, and something about his delivery makes me actually recoil from everything he says.

^ My experience. ^

When my legs are jittery, it is usually because I'm tired, or I have excess energy to burn off and it's coming out that way because I've been stuck at my desk or in meetings all day.

I'm one of the least perverted people I know. IMO :)

• Like 3

What have you done to my innocent neti pot vid ?

You disgusting pervert ! Now go and perform some O at a D's with unsuspecting females who will suck off your energy at the local library. :D:D

• Like 3

What have you done to my innocent neti pot vid ?

You disgusting pervert ! Now go and perform some O at a D's with unsuspecting females who will suck off your energy at the local library. :D:D

I did nothing to it, it's still the same as before! You did it only in your perverted mind!

"spontanous impression" test to expose the pervert's mind: :ph34r:

HA! :o I know what your first thought was, you restless leg syndrome pervert!!!

I think it helped her boobs too.

• Like 1

I like Drew. Never met him. He's out there, in my opinion, but he's looking to be a healer in his own right.

I can't sit more than 40 or 50 minutes in the lotus, so no idea if the internal sexual dynamics he experiences at 1hr 20min. are common or not. I don't experience the kind of energies he describes.

I do think there is something to cranial-sacral theory and that the pineal, sitting on the butterfly bone (sphenoid) is somehow affected by that rhythm, but I'm looking more toward the induction of trance as a normal course of living than toward affecting people at a distance in any manner.

I haven't done any research into RLS, as Soaring Crane referred to it. Ok, from Wikipedia:

• "An urge to move, usually due to uncomfortable sensations that occur primarily in the legs, but occasionally in the arms or elsewhere."
  • The sensations are unusual and unlike other common sensations. Those with WED/RLS have a hard time describing them, using words like: uncomfortable, painful, 'antsy', electrical, creeping, itching, pins and needles, pulling, crawling, and numbness. It is sometimes described similar to a limb 'falling asleep' or an exaggerated sense of positional awareness of the affected area. The sensation and the urge can occur in any body part; the most cited location is legs, followed by arms. Some people have little or no sensation, yet still have a strong urge to move.

Don't know if that's what you're experiencing or not.

There is also the kind of movement that folks who are blind or deaf-blind exhibit, which is apparently a way of engaging the vestibular sense or the proprioceptive sense. Olaf Blanke has a paper that touches on the relationship of these senses to what we normally consider our sense of self, so they are intimate to our nature, the senses of proprioception and equalibrioception.

All of which is to say that I think Drew's heart is in the right place, but a young man's all-out effort to remain celibate maybe has consequences? I like what Shunryu Suzuki said, it's like brushing the teeth; some is a part of healthy living, too much is not. Or what he said when somebody asked him, "what about sex?"; he said, as soon as you say sex, everything is sex.

• Like 2